Check your account email address ×

Meme thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Care to show where Marx specifically states this?   Seems to me your theory on it has evolved from people who are like you on the means of production ownership but want to keep their own stuff.

So if I own land and run it like a business (raise crops and livestock and sell them) why is that any different than if I own a widget company?   Why aren't the people who work on the farm just as deserving to own it as the factory worker and factory?

I didnt mean my stuff, I meant your stuff.

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I didnt mean my stuff, I meant your stuff.

“the theory of Communists may be summed up in the single sentence: Abolition of private property.”
 Karl Marx, The Communist Manifesto

14 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Moto is making a distinction between private property and personal property.

He is trying to but I do not believe Marx did. 

Well to do believers in Marxist communism have been trying to reinvent Marx's theories for years around them keeping what capitalism has already provided them.   I mean screw everyone else from here on out. :lol:  

I don't think that was Marx's intentions at all. 

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
27 minutes ago, Highmark said:

He is trying to but I do not believe Marx did. 

Well to do believers in Marxist communism have been trying to reinvent Marx's theories for years around them keeping what capitalism has already provided them.   I mean screw everyone else from here on out. :lol:  

I don't think that was Marx's intentions at all. 

I don't know enough about Marx to make a judgement, I know almost nothing about the guy.

18 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I don't know enough about Marx to make a judgement, I know almost nothing about the guy.

Don't worry about it....you're not missing anything of value. 

He wanted to abolish basically everything that made modern western society successful including the family.

https://fee.org/articles/5-things-marx-wanted-to-abolish-besides-private-property/

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Don't worry about it....you're not missing anything of value. 

He wanted to abolish basically everything that made modern western society successful including the family.

https://fee.org/articles/5-things-marx-wanted-to-abolish-besides-private-property/

Yuh......he lived as a drunken, impoverished goon, was run out of countries for his radical horseshit, died broke as hell and only a handful of people bothered to go to his funeral.

Let alone his crazy shit didn't work (as proven in history) but now, fast forward to today where a group of edgy, woke half wits that idealize and worship him and his scratching.  Fucking priceless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

“the theory of Communists may be summed up in the single sentence: Abolition of private property.”
 Karl Marx, The Communist Manifesto

And communists generally define private property as the means of production, not your toothbrush and personal property. Marx also is not the end all authority on communism. He and Engels are just the most well known philosophers/theorists. 

4 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Moto is making a distinction between private property and personal property.

Yes. Some folks think you have to share even your toothbrush under communism. It's a hilariously childish understanding of the theory. I don't know if people are being deliberately obtuse or they are too comfortable in their ignorance to find out for themselves. 

Edited by motonoggin

13 hours ago, motonoggin said:

And communists generally define private property as the means of production, not your toothbrush and personal property. Marx also is not the end all authority on communism. He and Engels are just the most well known philosophers/theorists. 

Yes. Some folks think you have to share even your toothbrush under communism. It's a hilariously childish understanding of the theory. I don't know if people are being deliberately obtuse or they are too comfortable in their ignorance to find out for themselves. 

I find your metamorphosis hilarious but in line with other so called communist that have done well for themselves.   I won't deny you always said property like your family farm ownership stayed the same but we went round and round over things like boats and mansions.  Glad to see you're at least partially waking up and enjoying the fruits of your labor.   Next thing you will be wanting lower taxes.  :lol:   

I hope you at least can comprehend that if some can't earn more then nobody can.   Sure its great when you start off with more but can you keep it if you don't earn more?   NOPE.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Highmark said:

Care to show where Marx specifically states this?   Seems to me your theory on it has evolved from people who are like you on the means of production ownership but want to keep their own stuff.

So if I own land and run it like a business (raise crops and livestock and sell them) why is that any different than if I own a widget company?   Why aren't the people who work on the farm just as deserving to own it as the factory worker the factory and equipment?

Cause Moto is a hypocrite.

• Like 2