Check your account email address ×

The General

No not Mattis you goofs, I'm talking about "The General"

We put on 50 miles Friday evening and another 110 on Saturday up in Oconto County WI, and I have to say we really like it! Neither of us is a fan of the seam in the split windshield as it's right at eye level but it was something easy to install before we took it out, my only other complaint is that it looks so good with the metallic paint that I am compelled to wash it instead of just putting it away dirty.

Thanks to all who offered there advice to us on making the purchase of a UTV :bc:

Gen1.JPG

Gen.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice rig Vince! 

One thing to watch, how you have that strapped down, if there's any sharp edge at all where your strap goes behind the front bumper it will likely chafe through the strap. Had that happen to me. If it's round tubing then disregard.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Nice! Does the top of the glass fold down?

It does, but I hate where the split is and being plastic it scratches when you clean and I like hit waterholes, it was just something that was easy to install and that's what I wanted so we could go riding last weekend as the temps were in the 30's to low 40's.

I'll be going with this windshield, while pricey it's glass and the vent and flipdown are pretty cool.

7 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Nice rig Vince! 

One thing to watch, how you have that strapped down, if there's any sharp edge at all where your strap goes behind the front bumper it will likely chafe through the strap. Had that happen to me. If it's round tubing then disregard.

I should have use two smaller straps on the rear reciever, instead I looped through the lower a-arm and the strap kept coming loose.....not good and I did not care for using the a-arms to begin with. The front is round tubing.

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

No not Mattis you goofs, I'm talking about "The General"

We put on 50 miles Friday evening and another 110 on Saturday up in Oconto County WI, and I have to say we really like it! Neither of us is a fan of the seam in the split windshield as it's right at eye level but it was something easy to install before we took it out, my only other complaint is that it looks so good with the metallic paint that I am compelled to wash it instead of just putting it away dirty.

Thanks to all who offered there advice to us on making the purchase of a UTV :bc:

Gen1.JPG

Gen.JPG

That's the county my cottage is in.............. I'm gonna have to get some more FIB repellent. :news:

• Haha 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Nice looking rig Vince. Im sure you will have fun with it. 

We both had a blast last weekend and we're looking forward to doing some touring trips with it next spring and summer up in Wisconsin and Michigan, and I can see doing some trips out west and in the Appalachians.

Thank you very much for your input :thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

We both had a blast last weekend and we're looking forward to doing some touring trips with it next spring and summer up in Wisconsin and Michigan, and I can see doing some trips out west and in the Appalachians.

Thank you very much for your input :thumbsup:

Nice looking rig Vince. Have fun with it :thumb:

If you head east you should check out the 'Ride The Wilds' trail system in northern NH. https://ridethewilds.nhgrand.com/

• Like 1

looks just like except for the stripe on the door. i have a 17. i bought the polaris glass front and back. it dosent open but comes off in a min. in hot weather it dose get warm. her ranger has the tip out windshield and sliding rear. this time of year i take the ranger it has heat

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It does, but I hate where the split is and being plastic it scratches when you clean and I like hit waterholes, it was just something that was easy to install and that's what I wanted so we could go riding last weekend as the temps were in the 30's to low 40's.

I'll be going with this windshield, while pricey it's glass and the vent and flipdown are pretty cool.

I should have use two smaller straps on the rear reciever, instead I looped through the lower a-arm and the strap kept coming loose.....not good and I did not care for using the a-arms to begin with. The front is round tubing.

Just get those cargo straps that go over the wheels.  You just need like 2 of them and a few d rings.  That way you aren't compressing the suspension when trailering and shock loading shit.

Image result for utv cargo tire straps

Edited by BOHICA

12 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Just get those cargo straps that go over the wheels.  You just need like 2 of them and a few d rings.  That way you aren't compressing the suspension when trailering and shock loading shit.

Image result for utv cargo tire straps

:lol:

2 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

I like the trailer setup. Can 137” sleds fit on it ?  

The trailer is 12'L x 78" W so for sure a 137" would fit.

1 hour ago, JEFF said:

Consider this windshield as well Vince, Polaris glass tip up. it has a latch that will allow it to open approx 6" or it can stay wide open on the gas struts. My brother has one on his General and it works slick. 

https://general.polaris.com/en-us/shop/accessories/windshields/2881108/

My concern with the flip up is catching a tree branch, and the windshield slamming down in rough conditions, @Ez ryder had that issue with a machine he was using a couple of weeks ago., 

52 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Nice. Do you have the Mitrale map book? I can grab you one the next time up. Best $15 you can spend.

I do not have the Mitrale book, does it show all the old two track and abandoned logging roads?