Check your account email address ×

Cleveland police union will not hold flag during Browns' opener, citing players kneeling during National Anthem

Like the players they have a right to have an opinion although the employer may want to think about setting rules about the behavior,  you know something that had the NFL done would have not allowed this.  Those guys should also be pulled off the detail so they can't be padding their pension on the backs of the NFL as well.

Damn flag!  It's ruining everything!  But...at least it can be at the center of ridiculous protests for people with no real objective or commitment toward one as they stand on the fragile soapbox of hypocritical lies and proclaimed self-righteousness.  Cops all bent outa shape so, now they won't hold the flag?  Hard to keep my eyes from rolling out of my head anymore.

• Platinum Contributing Member

To each their own.   Players have the right to kneel.   Owners have the right to make them stand or punishment if they don't.  Cops have the right to not participate unless the city/dept requires it.   If they refuse the city/dept no different than the owners have the right to reprimand them.  

I'm still amused at how the players don't do shit during the off season.  

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

To each their own.   Players have the right to kneel.   Owners have the right to make them stand or punishment if they don't.  Cops have the right to not participate unless the city/dept requires it.   If they refuse the city/dept no different than the owners have the right to reprimand them.  

both players and police have union protection-  it would need to be written in their agreed to policies.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

both players and police have union protection-  it would need to be written in their agreed to policies.  

Yes.   Just like in the NBA.  

31 minutes ago, Highmark said:

This is patently false.

14 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Is that truly the case, or do they not warrant coverage because it’s the off-season?

Highmark doesn’t know....not a lot happening in the middle of bumfuck Iowa.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

i'm still amused at your stupidity...

what do you think they should be doing?