Check your account email address ×

Anyone here, not have a/c

Me. We open the windows at night and close them during the day. When it gets hot we turn on the furnace fan to bring the basement cold up. 

I’d rather do that than be the type of people that keep it colder in the summer than it is in the winter. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

I’d rather do that than be the type of people that keep it colder in the summer than it is in the winter. 

That's drives me fucking nuts. So cold that if it was winter I would have the heat on.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That's drives me fucking nuts. So cold that if it was winter I would have the heat on.

That's my wife when it comes to the car ,, 25 c in the the winter and 22 c in the summer

18 minutes ago, grggade said:

That's my wife when it comes to the car ,, 25 c in the the winter and 22 c in the summer

English please.:lol:

J/k.  We keep it at 73 during the day and 70 at night.  Wife would keep it above 73 all day if she could.  Its a compromise.:lol:

• Gold Member
45 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Welcome to my world having a wife with severe hot flashes. A/C is set at 60 and the heat rarely gets turned on in the winter. :lol:

We have an old A/C unit my parents got rid of when they got heat pumps cause I'm too cheap to buy a new one. :lol:

At the new house have yet to put it in cause we have so many windows that we can manage to cool the house off quickly at night so far.

No a.c. here and the house is still cool. We have 2 ceiling fans in the bdrm on, living room fan on and the HRV  on . We have a portable ac unit for the bdrm but haven't brought it out of the basement yet. The stamped concrete floor helps keeping the house cool

I'm somewhat allergic to AC, makes me sneeze and runny nose, I have a large basement fan, 36" that when real hot/muggy I simply blow the cooler basement air up the steps to the kitchen and a smaller fan in the kitchen to blow it into the rest of the home.

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Me. We open the windows at night and close them during the day. When it gets hot we turn on the furnace fan to bring the basement cold up. 

What a fucking Baller no central AC :lmao: Fraud 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I'm somewhat allergic to AC, makes me sneeze and runny nose, I have a large basement fan, 36" that when real hot/muggy I simply blow the cooler basement air up the steps to the kitchen and a smaller fan in the kitchen to blow it into the rest of the home.

These work well for pulling the air out of the basement to the first floor like you are doing. They are great for houses that have wood burners in the base ment. The fan can be reversed for different applications. https://www.hvacquick.com/products.php/residential/AirFlow-Boosting/Room-to-Room-and-Register-Boosters/Tjernlund-AireShare-Level-to-Level-Ventilator?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItvH45rr72wIViEBpCh20tAgsEAkYAiABEgKMY_D_BwE

8 hours ago, DAVE said:

I dont have it in the house.

Trailer then? 

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

We use to run our furnace fan at old house . Worked well

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I didn't have until earlier this week..saw the forecast and bought a portable unit that so far has done pretty well.

We now live in a older farmhouse, no furnace, so were using 2 portables.  Work awesome ,house actually gets too cold using both so we just rotate them 

41 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Two window units.

Neal

We had a window unit at old house but I found it to be too much work. Ours was bigger than usual so I had to pull all the windows out and board up the rest, so one room had no natural light . 

42 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Everywhere I go, the ac is broken.

Lol

34 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I put a/c in the boat. That shit is money!!!!

That's baller 

5 minutes ago, Momorider said:

What a fucking Baller no central AC :lmao: Fraud 

Maybe he can ask his dad to use the company credit card and go to Home Depot. Window units are FU money at $99.:lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, xcr700 said:

Trailer then? 

We use to run our furnace fan at old house . Worked well

We now live in a older farmhouse, no furnace, so were using 2 portables.  Work awesome ,house actually gets too cold using both so we just rotate them 

We had a window unit at old house but I found it to be too much work. Ours was bigger than usual so I had to pull all the windows out and board up the rest, so one room had no natural light . 

Lol

That's baller 

Surprisingly not much...only sat in there one day really and slept one night.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I have a/c , would be nice if I could spend the day in it, 27 lawns to mow today. Gold Bond powder will be on tap!

• Sad 1