Check your account email address ×

Stocks tumble as Trump's tweets rock Amazon again

19 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

That’s fine as long as he doesn’t invite Putin to meet him in his office at the Parliament Buidlings

We should just ignore the issues with Russia and hope they go away. :news: 

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Triggered much?!  Come at me bro. :lol:  You're a fucking college student.  Get over yourself already.  I throw out a few benign opinions and you gotta lose your shit and start in with the insults, I have no interest in playing ding dong ping pong with the likes of you today, too busy helping people and managing a big plate of responsibilities.  Thank you for your service, but fuck off already.  Have a nice day.

With the insults? You are the guy calling me an aracho hipster, implying I am some know nothing kid, etc... What "big plate of responsibilities"? You handle grandma's $100k retirement account... So sit the fuck down with your condescending bullshit, Woolie. 

Now answer the fucking questions from earlier about why any self respecting fiscal conservative would think any of Trump's actions on Amazon are even remotely ok?

20 minutes ago, franks pond said:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

Thank you to Rasmussen for the honest polling. Just hit 50%, which is higher than Cheatin’ Obama at the same time in his Administration.

Trump will get re-elected unlike dumb as a stump Trudeau.  Even the women are telling him to lay off with the feminism shit and man up.

13 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Trump will get re-elected unlike dumb as a stump Trudeau.  Even the women are telling him to lay off with the feminism shit and man up.

The dope has made himself a joke.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

With the insults? You are the guy calling me an aracho hipster, implying I am some know nothing kid, etc... What "big plate of responsibilities"? You handle grandma's $100k retirement account... So sit the fuck down with your condescending bullshit, Woolie. 

Now answer the fucking questions from earlier about why any self respecting fiscal conservative would think any of Trump's actions on Amazon are even remotely ok?

Good luck....that is right out of the Woolard playbook....when he has no answers he goes right to the age thing...just ask Joelle. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good luck....that is right out of the Woolard playbook....when he has no answers he goes right to the age thing...just ask Joelle. :lol:

well being old makes you smart

or is it senile I forget

:snack:  

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

So are we all in agreement that was a dickhead tweet by Trump? 

I like that he’s addressing things that need to be looked at. But yes, we could do without the tweets for sure. It’s his way of getting out what he sees as the truth as the media is not giving him a fair shake. But way too often it’s way over the top and really dumb.

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I like that he’s addressing things that need to be looked at. But yes, we could do without the tweets for sure. It’s his way of getting out what he sees as the truth as the media is not giving him a fair shake. But way too often it’s way over the top and really dumb.

The media is not putting out those tweets he is. He is single handedly fucking with the markets. And we saw some fishy coincidences with the steel tariffs. Not cool.

7 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I don't think the Tweet is a good idea, but he needs a medium to get his message across.  We had no problem when Bush/Obama called out individual banks during the housing crisis.  We had no problem with Obama targeting Apple because it was keeping hoards of cash offshore and avoiding taxes here at home.  Many recent Presidents have gone after individual Corps as the poster children for their rants.  But I agree that the Amazon one seems more targeted at Bezos cause Trump feels slighted.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

The media is not putting out those tweets he is. He is single handedly fucking with the markets. And we saw some fishy coincidences with the steel tariffs. Not cool.

I didn’t say the media was putting out tweets. The media is like 90% negative and this is his way of getting out the truth. They never cover the good things. Or twist it to look bad. The trade imbalance and China dumping steel is something we can no longer afford to ignore. You can’t fix this without stirring up some shit.

3 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You threw 7-8 hypothetical questions at me, like there was factual answers to them, when there wasn’t.    I’m not going down that road with you, ain’t got the time or the interest.  I had an opinion, deal wit it.   Momo, love him or hate him made some relevant comments and you come in with your chest all puffed up like you’re king of shit Mountain telling him to stfu, then accusing me and others of “whining” about it, being clueless, etc.,  which is nonsense.  Back read this whole thread then tell me who was being civil and who started in with the name calling and condescension.  Then throw in the peanut gallery of everyone from RevKev, Snowrider and even my ostensible friend Jeff and you wonder why you got the response you did?   Wtf guy.....you started it.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Stay out of it Jim.  My name got dragged into this and the insults started before I said a peep, and my first several comments were not condescending, hateful, or insulting, just basic opinions.  XLT started in with the insults, so he can go fuck off.  Respect is a 2 way street in my world.

oh and thanks for the support Jeff :news: 

Edited by DriftBusta

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

He did it again today.

Trump's latest tweet takes down Amazon stock and the Nasdaq

He did it again.

At 9:54 a.m., Amazon's stock was up 1.4%. A minute later, President Trump tweeted his latest attack on Amazon, arguing that it should pay "many billions of dollars" more to the US Postal Service.

Eleven minutes later, Amazon's stock had fallen into the red — and so had the Nasdaq.

Amazon stock has fallen 8% and the company has lost almost $60 billion in market value since Axios first reported last week that Trump wants to "go after" the company.

Trump has tweeted about Amazon five times since Thursday. He says the company takes advantage of the post office and does not pay its fair share of tax. In fact, Amazon pays the same lower rate that the post office charges other bulk shippers, and it collects sales tax in every state that charges it.

Amazon is the fourth most valuable company in America and one of the most widely held stocks, so its slump has dragged the broader stock market down. The Nasdaq has fallen 2% since Trump vs. Amazon became a thing again.

So much for Trump the stock market champion.

41K people are talking about this

So far, he's just tweeting. Trump hasn't taken action against Amazon. But Wall Street investors fear that the president will back up his anti-Amazon tweets with regulatory muscle.

Related: Amazon stock sinks following Trump's attacks

Advisers have encouraged Trump to cancel Amazon's multi-billion-dollar cloud computing contract with the Defense Department, Vanity Fair reported late Monday. He could also ask Republican state attorneys general to open antitrust investigations into Amazon.

Using the government to punish Amazon would not be easy. Amazon dominates online retail, but an antitrust case against Amazon wouldn't be simple: It's difficult to prove consumer harm when Amazon wins by lowering its prices. And tax laws have to be passed by Congress.

What's clear is that Trump's tweets are worrying Amazon (AMZN) shareholders — and Wall Street investors broadly. If the president wants to punish Amazon, he's succeeding. The rest of the stock market is collateral damage.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/03/news/companies/amazon-stock/index.html

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You threw 7-8 hypothetical questions at me, like there was factual answers to them, when there wasn’t.    I’m not going down that road with you, ain’t got the time or the interest.  I had an opinion, deal wit it.   Momo, love him or hate him made some relevant comments and you come in with your chest all puffed up like you’re king of shit Mountain telling him to stfu, then accusing me and others of “whining” about it, being clueless, etc.,  which is nonsense.  Back read this whole thread then tell me who was being civil and who started in with the name calling and condescension.  Then throw in the peanut gallery of everyone from RevKev, Snowrider and even my ostensible friend Jeff.

Stay out of it Jim.  My name got dragged into this and the insults started before I said a peep, and my first several comments were not condescending, hateful, or insulting, just basic opinions.  XLT started in with the insults, so he can go fuck off.  Respect is a 2 way street in my world.

oh and thanks for the support Jeff :news: 

Maybe stay at your safe place if you're so sensitive. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Maybe stay at your safe place if you're so sensitive. 

Or maybe you could mind your own business and shut the fuck up?  Come to think of it, what do YOU think of Amazon, cuz I don’t think you’ve told us. :dunno:    :lol: :groin:

44 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I didn’t say the media was putting out tweets. The media is like 90% negative and this is his way of getting out the truth. They never cover the good things. Or twist it to look bad. The trade imbalance and China dumping steel is something we can no longer afford to ignore. You can’t fix this without stirring up some shit.

I didnt say I agree with the tariffs but when investors like Icahn dump all of their overseas steel holdings a week before Trump makes his announcement thats a little suspicious. 

58 minutes ago, F3600 said:

I don't think the Tweet is a good idea, but he needs a medium to get his message across.  We had no problem when Bush/Obama called out individual banks during the housing crisis.  We had no problem with Obama targeting Apple because it was keeping hoards of cash offshore and avoiding taxes here at home.  Many recent Presidents have gone after individual Corps as the poster children for their rants.  But I agree that the Amazon one seems more targeted at Bezos cause Trump feels slighted.

The banks fucked up the entire world economy. Id say they deserved a little criticism. This is a legal and law abiding US company that employs alot of people and has done nothing wrong. Trump should release his tax returns if he wants to talk about people avoiding taxes. 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Or maybe you could mind your own business and shut the fuck up?  Come to think of it, what do YOU think of Amazon, cuz I don’t think you’ve told us. :dunno:    :lol: :groin:

Woofie, I lost 92 K yesterday. Can ya' help me........... please????    :dunno:

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Love Amazon....use it all the time and use PM if you don't like my comments.