Check your account email address ×

Stocks tumble as Trump's tweets rock Amazon again

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I agree but seriously Trump's business's are little league compared to Amazon.  Amazon is changing the landscape and will put put a lot of retailers out of business.  Nothing against that, just noting it.

Walmart knocked the snot out of Main Street USA, the big retailers will just have to figure out a way to compete and many already have better pricing than Amazon.

@xtralettucetomatoe580 mentioned niche stores and many such as local Ace Hardware stores are doing quite well.

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Amazon is the future, it's not going back the way things were. And every store sells online now. They are just doing what businesses do. 

This.

10 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Amazon is the future, it's not going back the way things were. And every store sells online now. They are just doing what businesses do. 

Years ago the local mall was the enemy. Then it was Walmart. Now it’s amazon. Sooner or later someone will come along and do it better than amazon. People are hating on bezos and amazon because trump is doing the same. I swear that donny has some weird mind control over these nitwits. I just don’t get it. 

Edited by spin_dry

36 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

the jews thank you. :lol: 

Hey hipster fella, all I'm advocating, all while holding more of Amazon equity than you'll probably make this year in earned income, is an exploration into Amazons model, and whether they're exploiting existing laws, tax codes or anything else, like many have charged, to the advantage of more traditional distribution methods.  If they're doing that, all while owning one of the largest and most influential media outlets in the world, it bears further scrutiny.  I'd call that intellectual honesty,  but you're telling me I'm crying and don't have a clue?  Sorry if that analysis doesn't jive with your anarcho coffee shop pseudo economic guru personna that you've tried to paint, I know thats how some of you guys roll in here.  It still doesn't mean spit to me.  

Amazon doesn't own WAPO, Trump has a hard-on because Bezos quit Trump's economic committee and because he owns WAPO, Trump is a vindictive cunt who only cares about getting even, so fuck you and the rest of America who have equities.

BTW, it was WAPO that broke the story on Elizabeth Esty, maybe Trump will Tweet "fake news" on that....... :lol: 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

What can't you buy online?

Very little can't be bought online, what I do and what you do can't be bought online.  Lol.

It comes down to value added specialty shops will always do well.

11 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

What does he expect to happen to Amazon? And why are these faggot traders listening to him. He's like the world's biggest bully and everybody is a fucking victim. Grow some nuts faggots and tell Trump to eat a dick. 

Between Amazon and this trade nonsense Trump has the markets rattled, and let's be honest in that Amazon is not the first US company that Trump has gone after, Ford, Rexnord, Carrier, Merck, Apple, etc. come to mind.....the question is who is next???? The equities markets have every right to be rattled right now.

14 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Amazon doesn't own WAPO, Trump has a hard-on because Bezos quit Trump's economic committee and because he owns WAPO, Trump is a vindictive cunt who only cares about getting even, so fuck you and the rest of America who have equities.

BTW, it was WAPO that broke the story on Elizabeth Esty, maybe Trump will Tweet "fake news" on that....... :lol: 

Thats a Clintonian level parsing of words wouldn't you say Vince?  Bezo controls them both.  The rest of your blather is speculation.  Oh, and Elizabeth Esty is another in a long line of crooked CT Democrats.  As Ben would say, she needs to die a fiery death.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Between Amazon and this trade nonsense Trump has the markets rattled, and let's be honest in that Amazon is not the first US company that Trump has gone after, Ford, Rexnord, Carrier, Merck, Apple, etc. come to mind.....the question is who is next???? The equities markets have every right to be rattled right now.

Wall street is telling Trump to lay off Amazon and no trade wars, I hope he listens.  He was voted in with MAGA and many bought into that, I see it every day when visiting and talking to the blue collar on the floor.  They are sold.

Truth is nobody expected the equity markets to keep up the pace they did last year, yet corp earnings will soon be released for many and that will set the direction for the markets.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

the jews thank you. :lol: 

Hey hipster fella, all I'm advocating, all while holding more of Amazon equity than you'll probably make this year in earned income, is an exploration into Amazons model, and whether they're exploiting existing laws, tax codes or anything else, like many have charged, to the advantage of more traditional distribution methods.  If they're doing that, all while owning one of the largest and most influential media outlets in the world, it bears further scrutiny.  I'd call that intellectual honesty,  but you're telling me I'm crying and don't have a clue?  Sorry if that analysis doesn't jive with your anarcho coffee shop pseudo economic guru personna that you've tried to paint, I know thats how some of you guys roll in here.  It still doesn't mean spit to me.  

Exploring Amazon's model? What do you need to see? Need to have their algorithms and proprietary data out there for the whole world to copy? Is that what you are "advocating"? Get real. You can try to throw all this nonsense hipster anarcho blather around as if it is your "Trump" card, but in all reality it just makes you look dumber. The fact is you have nothing what so ever on Amazon. They pay their taxes, they employ tens of thousands directly and indirectly, they are successful, and you as some self proclaimed "money man" spew this shit? Get a grip Woolie.. You look dumb. Not one thing in here you've actually debated. You just throw around hipster this and hipster that all while attempting to look in the know talking about distribution methods and exploration into models. The truth is, you are doing nothing more than shitting on every fiscal principle that you've advocated for years. What is the difference here? Could it be that Bezos isn't a MAGA hat wearing fuck tard? The pure notion of you trying to say you are above it all and it doesn't mean spit is rich. 

Let's recap:

-Does Amazon pay their fair share of taxes as outlined by the US Tax Code? Yes

-Does Amazon prop up the USPS? Yes

-Does Amazon deserve every free market consideration any other company deserves? Yes

-Is Amazon a monopoly? No

-Does separate holdings of a multi-national super company and a media source require government intervention? Only if it is a left leaning paper...

-Does Trump have any business picking losers and winners in a Capitalist country? Fuck no.

-Should any self respecting fiscal conservative punch Trump right in the dick? Yes, obviously.

-Is Woolie a self respecting fiscal conservative? No, actually he and Moto sound like two peas in a pod. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Exploring Amazon's model? What do you need to see? Need to have their algorithms and proprietary data out there for the whole world to copy? Is that what you are "advocating"? Get real. You can try to throw all this nonsense hipster anarcho blather around as if it is your "Trump" card, but in all reality it just makes you look dumber. The fact is you have nothing what so ever on Amazon. They pay their taxes, they employ tens of thousands directly and indirectly, they are successful, and you as some self proclaimed "money man" spew this shit? Get a grip Woolie.. You look dumb. Not one thing in here you've actually debated. You just throw around hipster this and hipster that all while attempting to look in the know talking about distribution methods and exploration into models. The truth is, you are doing nothing more than shitting on every fiscal principle that you've advocated for years. What is the difference here? Could it be that Bezos isn't a MAGA hat wearing fuck tard? The pure notion of you trying to say you are above it all and it doesn't mean spit is rich. 

Let's recap:

-Does Amazon deserve every free market consideration any other company deserves? Yes

-Does separate holdings of a multi-national super company and a media source require government intervention? Only if it is a left leaning paper...

-Does Trump have any business picking losers and winners in a Capitalist country? Fuck no.

-Should any self respecting fiscal conservative punch Trump right in the dick? Yes, obviously.

-Is Woolie a self respecting fiscal conservative? No, actually he and Moto sound like two peas in a pod. 

Triggered much?!  Come at me bro. :lol:  You're a fucking college student.  Get over yourself already.  I throw out a few benign opinions and you gotta lose your shit and start in with the insults, I have no interest in playing ding dong ping pong with the likes of you today, too busy helping people and managing a big plate of responsibilities.  Thank you for your service, but fuck off already.  Have a nice day.

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats a Clintonian level parsing of words wouldn't you say Vince?  Bezo controls them both.  The rest of your blather is speculation.  Oh, and Elizabeth Esty is another in a long line of crooked CT Democrats.  As Ben would say, she needs to die a fiery death.

WAPO broke the story.

Trump unhinged, yes, no, maybe?

8 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Let's recap:

@DriftBusta XLT completely exposed the lies that Trump has laid with his recent Tweets, give the man credit for where credit is due :thumbsup: 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

No they are definatly not. And as always I wish he would put the damn phone down.

That has been stated by many here, but shitpants McFly can't seem to comprehend.

38 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Can any Trump supporter here say Trumps tweets are helping America?

Yup in a huge way got Mexico to stop the immigrant caravan, got rocket man to the table, will get new laws that get Amazon paying more tax. More things than your pea sized brain can comprehend pants shitter you senile fuck :finger: 

9 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Let's recap:

awesome martial arts GIF by Shaw Brothers

yep 1 side of the story,lets just delete ,shadow ban and terminate the accounts of the other side,,,,,,end of feb my advisor wanted to put me in a fund with the above listed propaganda company,s i said no :thumbsup:,time to go standard oil on these pathetic alt left cult company,s

25 minutes ago, franks pond said:

yep 1 side of the story,lets just delete ,shadow ban and terminate the accounts of the other side,,,,,,end of feb my advisor wanted to put me in a fund with the above listed propaganda company,s i said no :thumbsup:,time to go standard oil on these pathetic alt left cult company,s

I don't know about that (oil), however a tax (if implemented) will not hurt Amazon.