Check your account email address ×

Stocks tumble as Trump's tweets rock Amazon again

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Ez ryder said:

I am not and have been anti Amazon for some time now . I applaud what they have done.  it they are absolutely destroying main street and mall in every town in well the world . 

that said my wife sells a lot of shit on Amazon.  

Does she collect her own sales tax?

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

ITs not just jobs . its the ability to buy something when you need it. At least mom & pop hardware stores are making a comeback. but for 8-10 yrs there they were getting few and far with HD and lowes.

As time goes on it is becoming quicker, easier and cheaper to get a material item when one needs it, so I'm not sure what you mean.

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I am not and have been anti Amazon for some time now . I applaud what they have done.  it they are absolutely destroying main street and mall in every town in well the world . 

that said my wife sells a lot of shit on Amazon.  

That first sentence....umm, I just had a stroke trying to make sense if it. 

17 minutes ago, SSFB said:

The world is changing and a standard sales tax doesn't fit in that world. Maybe it's time for the government to pull their head out of their ass and adapt to the changing world instead of always being the anchor. 

Yah they will be updating the taxes for a changing world :news: 

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

As time goes on it is becoming quicker, easier and cheaper to get a material item when one needs it, so I'm not sure what you mean.

If I want a new snowmobile jacket I want to be able to drive down the street , try one on and buy it. When Amazon puts the local dealer out of buss I will have to order it online , hope it fits or return it and try again. Taking a week.

40 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Only on the items they sell. Not 3rd party . And 3rd party is 1/2 their sales.

Oh, they don’t pay revenue on their profits from being a middle man? That’s their model. It’s a brilliant one. Should a trucker pay sales tax for the load he is carrying? Or should he pay tax on the revenue from his service? This sales tax notion is a big government double taxation racket. 

23 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's never a good thing to say considering retail  - brick and mortar employs lots of people, your world would be an ugly one to live in. 

Those words have been said about every single industry of the past. Every single one. If our economy relies on $10 an hour shitty retail part time labor, we got bigger problems. Adapt, or die. 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

If I want a new snowmobile jacket I want to be able to drive down the street , try one on and buy it. When Amazon puts the local dealer out of buss I will have to order it online , hope it fits or return it and try again. Taking a week.

My dealer rarely had what I needed in stock. 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Brick and mortar will still be around until the day we have same day delivery from online retailers. 

I for one can't wait for a fucking Amazon drone to drop a case of Spotted Cow at my door!!!!!!!!11

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That's one of the reasons Best Buy is in trouble people go to Best Buy look at the electronics they want check out the features do a demo then go home and order what they want on Amazon :flush: 

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

That's one of the reasons Best Buy is in trouble people go to Best Buy look at the electronics they want check out the features do a demo then go home and order what they want on Amazon :flush: 

I couldn't be bothered doing that to save what 10%? IF its in my hand and I like it , I'm buying it.

9 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Oh, they don’t pay revenue on their profits from being a middle man? That’s their model. It’s a brilliant one. Should a trucker pay sales tax for the load he is carrying? Or should he pay tax on the revenue from his service? This sales tax notion is a big government double taxation racket. 

Those words have been said about every single industry of the past. Every single one. If our economy relies on $10 an hour shitty retail part time labor, we got bigger problems. Adapt, or die. 

To make the assumption that all jobs that come from businesses  with physical storefronts and buildings are just measly $10 an hr. jobs is really stupid.

4 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Idiot.  

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/business/best-buy-amazon.html

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

To make the assumption that all jobs that come from businesses  with physical storefronts and buildings are just measly $10 an hr. jobs is really stupid.

Not to mention those store fronts are paying prop taxes. Usually at a higher rate then resi

6 minutes ago, Momorider said:

No, it's because Best Buy sucks.

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

The vast majority of those jobs are just that. The Home Depot’s and menards aren’t going anywhere. Specialty shops will continue to thrive. As for Walmart? Fuck em. 

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Not to mention those store fronts are paying prop taxes. Usually at a higher rate then resi

Walmart has sued small communities over property taxes. The small communities simply roll over because they can’t take the legal, financial hit. 

5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

This tweeting sonofabitch is tanking the market, starting trade wars..... @DriftBusta what are you telling your clientele?

InvestaBusta is telling his clients he has sore knees, a sore jaw, and he’s on the cusp of prolapsing......:snack:

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I couldn't be bothered doing that to save what 10%? IF its in my hand and I like it , I'm buying it.

Yah well that's what people do in this Chinese made shit the best deal possible world :dunno: 

27 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

We did just that at Livingston’s.

15 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Best Buy is failing for a reason and it isn’t people coming and to only buy it on amazon. You’re clueless, go find a thread more your speed.

12 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Oh? What’s the average wage at a Walmart, target, Kohl’s, etc...? If you’re looking for good part time work or wage supplementing work, it’s just fine. No one is going to build any type of life working a cashier there... So fuck em. Plenty of those low wage jobs. If you’re management, plenty of management jobs available. You aren’t going to win this argument. They are failing for a reason. Their business models suck.