Check your account email address ×

Serious question on gun control

ckf

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Children don't shoot back.

Give the children firearms. Problem solved. I'm serious , it's pathetically sad that kids nowadays can't read a tape measure, properly hold a firearm, bait a hook, drive a standard transmission. Like many have mentioned on here before, kids used to have guns in their trucks at school, no shootings then...  more exposure, reality check is what's needed. Not everyone is a winner, when you pull that trigger things die, you caught the fish now clean it and cook it, life isn't rainbows and lollypops, quit crying have a beer and keep on digging.

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Shock value? Maybe both. But all these shooters are pussies , nobody's, weirdo's.

Well, I think we’ve been raising a generation of kids who cannot cope well (or at all) with self disappointments and failures.  They can’t take criticism or face the harsh realities of their own limitations.  Sooner or later, the medals, awards and cheap unearned accolades stop coming in and well, some cannot take the real world for what it may be for them;  rather harsh.  Some “pop” in high school, some later.  Some don’t make it to this level of craziness but, certainly make it to the anti-depressant drug our illustrious hack psychologists hand out like candy so they can “deal” with life.  Hell, we have more children on anti-depressants than any other country....by astonishing margins.

We just don’t want to face the facts and tell ourselves, or our children, that everyone has their own limitations.  “Winners” and “winning” is a state of mind.  But when we’ve been training these kids that the awards and medals (validation) is coming for mediocrity, and they find out its a lie, well......  “take 2X daily with water” or “PEW...pew, pew, pew....pew, pew...”

We are getting pretty screwed up as a society and we know it, but rather than facing some cold, hard truths, people are turning to the government to run their lives and make things “all better”.  A solid recipe for a complete disaster.

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I think we’ve been raising a generation of kids who cannot cope well (or at all) with self disappointments and failures.  They can’t take criticism or face the harsh realities of their own limitations.  Sooner or later, the medals, awards and cheap unearned accolades stop coming in and well, some cannot take the real world for what it may be for them;  rather harsh.  Some “pop” in high school, some later.  Some don’t make it to this level of craziness but, certainly make it to the anti-depressant drug our illustrious hack psychologists hand out like candy so they can “deal” with life.  Hell, we have more children on anti-depressants than any other country....by astonishing margins.

We just don’t want to face the facts and tell ourselves, or our children, that everyone has their own limitations.  “Winners” and “winning” is a state of mind.  But when we’ve been training these kids that the awards and medals (validation) is coming for mediocrity, and they find out its a lie, well......  “take 2X daily with water” or “PEW...pew, pew, pew....pew, pew...”

We are getting pretty screwed up as a society and we know it, but rather than facing some cold, hard truths, people are turning to the government to run their lives and make things “all better”.  A solid recipe for a complete disaster.

It's going beyond kids, their parents are failing them. I just saw an article.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/02/18/fight-over-mans-flatulence-forces-flight-to-make-emergency-landing.html

Grown fucking adults caused an emergency landing because a fellow passenger "refused to stop farting"?? If I was seated next to this burrito eater I'd sure be less than thrilled, but I'm not about to go fist to cuffs with Nacho Libre on a flight to wind up getting banned from flying, over it... wholly shitstains Batman ??

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

It's going beyond kids, their parents are failing them. I just saw an article.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/02/18/fight-over-mans-flatulence-forces-flight-to-make-emergency-landing.html

Grown fucking adults caused an emergency landing because a fellow passenger "refused to stop farting"?? If I was seated next to this burrito eater I'd sure be less than thrilled, but I'm not about to go fist to cuffs with Nacho Libre on a flight to wind up getting banned from flying, over it... wholly shitstains Batman ??

No , but I probably would pick my nose and wipe it on his armrest.

4 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Just needed another armed adult at that school to shoot the prick. 

In this case, more guns WOULD have saved lives. 

I’m impressed with how teachers with guns are the answer. It wasn’t too long ago that they were a problem. Overpaid union liberals teaching kids to be pussies. Now some dumbass ask for open carry. Another idiot thinks it kids all had rifles in their pick ups, it would all be solved. 

But we have to take the suggestions of the rest of the brain trust into account. They’ve blamed the shootings on something different at every shooting. So the kids that can’t have access to weapons are:

orphans. Anyone raised by the state must be too liberal 

anyone who looks like someone who wore a antifa shirt. Maga hats are worth the risk as are white supremacists 

anyone with a mental illness

anyone on medication  

kids whose parents are divorced

children who are immigrants or parents were immigrants. 

Children who were not spanked enough. 

Children who at any time received a participation trophy.  (Whether they asked for it or not, it’s still their fault )

children who spend all day online. But adults who spend all day on freedom sledder are fine. That’s different just ask one of the people who will throw a tantrum if you don’t agree that they  are alphas 

Children who do not respect their elders the way people over 40 like to pretend they respected their elders. 

This is to be accomplished by the honour system since no form of gun control or legislation will ever be allowed. 

No word yet on the Vegas shooter. Gotta have some wild cards. 

11 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You got him, he was on physc meds. Pay attn. class.

But he was older than 50 and grew up with guns? Why wasn’t he responsible enough to get rid of his weapons?

any word on whether his parents were divorced or where they came from?

15 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I’m impressed with how teachers with guns are the answer. It wasn’t too long ago that they were a problem. Overpaid union liberals teaching kids to be pussies. Now some dumbass ask for open carry. Another idiot thinks it kids all had rifles in their pick ups, it would all be solved. 

But we have to take the suggestions of the rest of the brain trust into account. They’ve blamed the shootings on something different at every shooting. So the kids that can’t have access to weapons are:

anyone who looks like someone who wore a antifa shirt. Maga hats are worth the risk as are white supremacists 

anyone on medication  

Children who at any time received a participation trophy.  (Whether they asked for it or not, it’s still their fault )

children who spend all day online. But adults who spend all day on freedom sledder are fine. That’s different just ask one of the people who will throw a tantrum if you don’t agree that they  are alphas 

Children who do not respect their elders the way people over 40 like to pretend they respected their elders. 

This is to be accomplished by the honour system since no form of gun control or legislation will ever be allowed. 

I kept a close eye on my guns all weekend just in case they might want to go off on their own. Oddly enough...no shots were fired

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

But he was older than 50 and grew up with guns? Why wasn’t he responsible enough to get rid of his weapons?

any word on whether his parents were divorced or where they came from?

I think they were Russians.

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It's not the kids fault, it's our fault. Kids don't know how to become the people you think they should be, it's our job to teach them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I kept a close eye on my guns all weekend just in case they might want to go off on their own. Oddly enough...no shots were fired

That’s just stupid. Other than the convenient instances of hang fire. Guns to go killing people by themselves. 

Its that lethal combo of American gun owner and an actual gun that is the problem. Perhaps bullet proof glass cabinets that can only be unlocked by a government official will be the answer.  We could hire from the growing pool of people who have lost family to mass shooters as the holders of the keys. If you need your weapon, they will come to your house for a fee and you can convince them of your need. 

Kids a no different today than previous generations.....if anything they are better, smarter, and more efficient.  Too many fucks on here who walked to school up hill both ways.....or so they think.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

That’s just stupid. Other than the convenient instances of hang fire. Guns to go killing people by themselves. 

Its that lethal combo of American gun owner and an actual gun that is the problem. Perhaps bullet proof glass cabinets that can only be unlocked by a government official will be the answer.  We could hire from the growing pool of people who have lost family to mass shooters as the holders of the keys. If you need your weapon, they will come to your house for a fee and you can convince them of your need. 

Hang fire is the only time they go off on their own?  

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Or we could try and fix the actual problem. Nah , too much like fucking work. Lets just pass some do nothing feel good legislation and wait for the next one.

But we must do something....anything!!!!!!!! Just pass something so we can feel better and have a warm fuzzy knowing that we made a difference

On 2/17/2018 at 8:15 PM, revkevsdi said:

It's inevitable. Those country music bumpkins in Vegas were mostly staunch NRA fans. But watching their friends and families taken out by some random fuck up converted them. All it takes is to have your kids, grand kids, nieces or nephews wiped out by a gun nut to realize how fucking stupid it is to allow civilians that kind of firepower.  At one mass shooting per day on average, the scales will be tipped in the favour of intelligent  gun control. 

It won't just be people who lose loved ones.  America still has some real heroes who see beyond their selfish wants. 

The Janitor/coach stood in front of bullets, it takes less guts than that to actually realize your fascination with guns isn't healthy or intelligent and act accordingly.  

Screenshot_20180218-170613.jpg

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

anyone on medication  

Teachers or sentinels with guns isn't THE answer, there is no the answer.  It is however a tool in the toolbox, and we shouldn't ignore it.  It should be used.

Neal

• Like 1