Check your account email address ×

Serious question on gun control

ckf

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just trying to circle back a bit now.  YEP!  A street sweeper would be my choice to inflict maximum casualties and death.  Most anti-gun advocates know so little about ballistics and weaponry it is actually astonishing.  Again...just emotions runneth over.  The librul way!!!

While the 5.56 (.223) is an effective round and deadly round at close range, it is primarily a debilitating, wound infliction round..and massive one at that.  It will usually splinter at impact sending multiple fragments into the body in different directions causing debilitation and shock.  It's a nasty little shit too....a very painful way to bleed out internally which, is how most deaths occur.  It's also a unique round in sonic form that will allow it to pierce through most out wear including most fragmentaion vests.  It's light, fast moving and still among one of the best out there for warfare.  People that are opting for the 7.62 version for more "knock down" are the same ones buying "bump stocks".  :lmao:

BUT, for what it is being used for (multiple undarmed, unclad targets in a group), an AR, or any military rifle is the wrong piece.  A good semi-auto SG, with easy feed and 00 or even better, #4 sending 2 dozen marbles down range (short range) would be more effective.  Hell, I keep mine loaded with alternating bird and target shells.  If I were to really want to hose people, a nice drum would really make things messy.  Amateurs among us that watch too many movies or, play too many video games.

Lol

i literally bought a crate of SKS’s a few years back. Was around $1500 for 10. One got a full tapco treatment. I sold a few and still have 3-4 in the bags 

fun gun but they’re really just a plinker. 

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Mexico might as well be the usa....after all the libs see no reason for a wall

Tons of heroin aren't coming over everyday by illegals carrying it across the border. That mentality is just as absurd as banning guns is going to stop gun violence. 

5 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Lol

i literally bought a crate of SKS’s a few years back. Was around $1500 for 10. One got a full tapco treatment. I sold a few and still have 3-4 in the bags 

In Canada? That's a hell of a deal! If I was in to firearms, I'd be all over that sale! :whistle:

6 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Tons of heroin aren't coming over everyday by illegals carrying it across the border. That mentality is just as absurd as banning guns is going to stop gun violence. 

Heres the wall btw. :lol:

Screenshot_20180210-073748.png

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just trying to circle back a bit now.  YEP!  A street sweeper would be my choice to inflict maximum casualties and death.  Most anti-gun advocates know so little about ballistics and weaponry it is actually astonishing.  Again...just emotions runneth over.  The librul way!!!

While the 5.56 (.223) is an effective round and deadly round at close range, it is primarily a debilitating, wound infliction round..and massive one at that.  It will usually splinter at impact sending multiple fragments into the body in different directions causing debilitation and shock.  It's a nasty little shit too....a very painful way to bleed out internally which, is how most deaths occur.  It's also a unique round in sonic form that will allow it to pierce through most out wear including most fragmentaion vests.  It's light, fast moving and still among one of the best out there for warfare.  People that are opting for the 7.62 version for more "knock down" are the same ones buying "bump stocks".  :lmao:

BUT, for what it is being used for (multiple undarmed, unclad targets in a group), an AR, or any military rifle is the wrong piece.  A good semi-auto SG, with easy feed and 00 or even better, #4 sending 2 dozen marbles down range (short range) would be more effective.  Hell, I keep mine loaded with alternating bird and target shells.  If I were to really want to hose people, a nice drum would really make things messy.  Amateurs among us that watch too many movies or, play too many video games.

You can't argue the mechanical function superiority of the AK vs the AR though, that's certainly one reason to opt for the 7.62. I've been told at least... :whistle:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Registration of specific arms isn't required for a buyer's/seller's card.  Make and model of weapons are optional.  The exchange, ID of buyer's/seller's card, and date are all that need to be logged.

Next.

Neal

Ok , I want to sell a gun to you. Whats to keep me from doing it with a BC if no one knows I have it to begin with. And now no  one knows you have it?

Edited by steve from amherst

25 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Another reason the military chose that round is cost. It's cheap. During a firefight ( ESPECIALY IN THE JUNGLES OF VIETNAM ) SO MUCH COVER FIRE WAS SHOT . If you look at the rounds fired vs confirmed kills , one would be absolutely amazed.

28 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Something like this perhaps? :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

The problem is we have social issues here.  And it's not just the mental "defects" that are doing this.  Why are we labeling them from the womb?  How are they being made in our society?  It's building anger and hate.  It's anger and hate with more and more limited ways to slowly have a release.  We're a violent species...and the left's idea that we can legislate, and apply rules to erradicate thousands of years of evolution is absolutely idiotic on a scale I find it hard to even try to marginalize.

I've gathered two facts from your posts.

1. You want no changes in the current availability of firearms. 

2. You haven't a clue how the bulk of firearms are trafficked and eventually get into the hands of gangs and various other criminals. 

Edited by spin_dry

3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

That's fine, undocumented straw purchases can have a 10 or 20 year prison penalty.  It will help reduce the straw purchasing.  Presently there is zero deterrent.

Neal

Make a dent in straw purchases and you'll see some major progress. A study back in 2000 found that 60% of the illegally possessed firearms and those involved in crimes came from 1% of gun dealers. Think we have a problem with the protections associated with a firearms dealer? yes we do. The first stroke of the politicians pens should be in-depth statistics gathering on who's buying the guns and for whom. 

Edited by spin_dry

1 hour ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

In Canada? That's a hell of a deal! If I was in to firearms, I'd be all over that sale! :whistle:

Yeah they were cheap here for the longest time. You could get them from Canadian tire for like $180 each for a while lol

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The majority of alphas are idiotic and can't understand that small changes are more desirable than the alternative of bans.  They remain idiotically ignorant, and stupid on the issue. 

Neal

Exactly...I brought up the idea that "gunshow" loopholes should be closed and was immediately attacked and told there is no such thing when in fact there is. Then once it was acknowledged that it does exist the argument became that the only thing sold there are old collectibles and it doesn't really matter. Close the loophole and be done with it...private sales as well.

You can't argue the mechanical function superiority of the AK vs the AR though, that's certainly one reason to opt for the 7.62. I've been told at least... :whistle:

Well, I could but, I'll just say there is a purpose for every type of weapon.  In some cases, the 7.62 and it's high tolerances work well.  But, in others the 9mm is a good one too.  I've had the choice to carry what I wanted and always went back to the 5.56.  Easy to carry, accurate, good mechanics and low shooter fatigue levels.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Another reason the military chose that round is cost. It's cheap. During a firefight ( ESPECIALY IN THE JUNGLES OF VIETNAM ) SO MUCH COVER FIRE WAS SHOT . If you look at the rounds fired vs confirmed kills , one would be absolutely amazed.

Weight, fatigue levels and abilities to inflict non-immediate death factored more than cost I think.  Rounds expended would be the same.  Lots of people shooting at things they can't see in the jungle.

Something like this perhaps? :thumbsup:

That'd get r' done!  "Hold my fucking Budweiser and watch this shit!!!"  :lol:

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I've gathered two facts from your posts.

1. You want no changes in the current availability of firearms. 

2. You haven't a clue how the bulk of firearms are trafficked and eventually get into the hands of gangs and various other criminals. 

I'm glad you are gathering stuff.  Even if it is incorrect because of emotional brain activity on your end, at least it shows you have some activity there.  

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly...I brought up the idea that "gunshow" loopholes should be closed and was immediately attacked and told there is no such thing when in fact there is. Then once it was acknowledged that it does exist the argument became that the only thing sold there are old collectibles and it doesn't really matter. Close the loophole and be done with it...private sales as well.

i really like guns, but the rhetoric and flaming bullshit that the gun fanatics spew is embarrassing. All that you can do is shake your head and say, I'm not with stupid...

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I could but, I'll just say there is a purpose for every type of weapon.  In some cases, the 7.62 and it's high tolerances work well.  But, in others the 9mm is a good one too.  I've had the choice to carry what I wanted and always went back to the 5.56.  Easy to carry, accurate, good mechanics and low shooter fatigue levels.

Weight, fatigue levels and abilities to inflict non-immediate death factored more than cost I think.  Rounds expended would be the same.  Lots of people shooting at things they can't see in the jungle.

That'd get r' done!  "Hold my fucking Budweiser and watch this shit!!!"  :lol:

I'm glad you are gathering stuff.  Even if it is incorrect because of emotional brain activity on your end, at least it shows you have some activity there.  

The most emotional individual in this thread has been you. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

i really like guns, but the rhetoric and flaming bullshit that the gun fanatics spew is embarrassing. All that you can do is shake your head and say, I'm not with stupid...

Exactly and this place and TBP are full of them.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

14 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It is.  And it's also why I question the military style guns in the hands of civilians.  Not a fan of hunters having them either.  Lotsa Rambo wannabes out there that never had the nuts to see if they had what it took.  However, i also know I'm a Constitutionalist, and while I find some people dipshits, posers and ultimately retards...they have the right to act and do what they want...as do I.

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The most emotional individual in this thread has been you. 

Oh...you misread my posts.  The only emotions I exhibit in here is humor.  It's rare I get worked up.  I do have a few little "triggers" though.  But still, how worked up can one get on social media?  I'm not a liberal after all.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Lol

I want to pick one of those up. Any issues with jamming up.

6 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

I know alot of people who lost a shitload of weight and then died. I think God just doesn't like fat people, even when they get skinny. 

I can see why. Once fat, they never get the stink off. They always seems off

6 hours ago, DAVE said:

Why are you so mad?

It must suck being so mad all the time I bet....