Check your account email address ×

Serious question on gun control

ckf

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Ok , I want to sell a gun to you. Whats to keep me from doing it with a BC if no one knows I have it to begin with. And now no  one knows you have it?

It's all well and good as long as no one is ever worried about that gun causing any killing.

Neal

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly...I brought up the idea that "gunshow" loopholes should be closed and was immediately attacked and told there is no such thing when in fact there is. Then once it was acknowledged that it does exist the argument became that the only thing sold there are old collectibles and it doesn't really matter. Close the loophole and be done with it...private sales as well.

Yup.  Make it easy with a federal firearms exchange card.  All you have to do it send in the form with the card IDs on it, or fill out an online form.  Easy.

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Yup.  Make it easy with a federal firearms exchange card.  All you have to do it send in the form with the card IDs on it, or fill out an online form.  Easy.

Neal

There you go..simple fix.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

SUper duper!!!1  Now, what exactly did this do?  Register a firearm?  Pretty sure the AR used in the last thing was registered to the shooter...yet, it happened anyway.  Now tell me again what it entails to get a "card".  A mental evaluation?  :lmao:

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There you go..simple fix.:thumbsup:

For what, I don't know.  

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

SUper duper!!!1  Now, what exactly did this do?  Register a firearm?  Pretty sure the AR used in the last thing was registered to the shooter...yet, it happened anyway.  Now tell me again what it entails to get a "card".  A mental evaluation?  :lmao:

For what, I don't know.  

Make the arms traceable, should the buyer or seller choose.

His background and mental state very likely would have been exposed and his exchange card denied or put on hold.  Very possible he doesn't get to buy an AR in the first place.

An advanced background check, and a mental health evaluation.

Of course you don't know, you choose to remain ignorant with your head in the sand.

Neal

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

His background and mental state very likely would have been exposed and his exchange card denied or put on hold.  Very possible he doesn't get to buy an AR in the first place.

Of course you don't know, you choose to remain ignorant with your head in the sand.

Neal

I fail to see how any of these would work better than what we already have that isn't being followed already.  And again with this "mental evaluation".  That's just hilarious.  :lmao:

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

So who is going to do these evaluations?

Who will pay for them?

How long will it be good for?

Any way to get a 2nd opinion?

Yes I now its just an idea , like to see what ya think anyways.

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

For what, I don't know.  

So felons and others that aren't allowed to own weapons can't buy them at gun shows just like they can't from FFL holders.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So felons and others that aren't allowed to own weapons can't buy them at gun shows just like they can't from FFL holders.

Ok, I get the felons but, who are these others that "aren't allowed"?  How is that determined"  Who determines it?

My point is (and has been) that this isn't a gun problem, it's a society problem.  Not sure why nobody wants to admit that.  I guess because taking guns seems to be the easy answer?  Problem is, it just takes them away from law abiding citizens or people that plan no ill-will.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Ok, I get the felons but, who are these others that "aren't allowed"?  How is that determined"  Who determines it?

My point is (and has been) that this isn't a gun problem, it's a society problem.  Not sure why nobody wants to admit that.  I guess because taking guns seems to be the easy answer?  Problem is, it just takes them away from law abiding citizens or people that plan no ill-will.

The point is that if you buy from a FFL holding seller you are subject to a background check...the same should apply for private sales.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I'm more then happy to admit it's a society problem. But everyone wants a simple anwser to a complex problem. And before revkev blows an artery , no , you will never get rid of 300 million guns. 

What happened to society where so many people ( losers ) want to kill their innocent fellow Americans?

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Hunting and sport shooting.  And I'd like to keep it that way, and not have loony right wing alpha cucks get a ban thrown on us.

Neal

You use an AR to hunt.  Hunt yourself.  :lol:And stop using the term "alpha cuck".  You alt-left weirdo.  :lol:

Just now, DAVE said:

Nonsense

Honestly...it really is.

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I'm more then happy to admit it's a society problem. But everyone wants a simple anwser to a complex problem. And before revkev blows an artery , no , you will never get rid of 300 million guns. 

What happened to society where so many people ( losers ) want to kill their innocent fellow Americans?

THAT is the question!  THAT is what we should be asking ourselves.  THAT is what we should be trying to resolve.  

Once upon a time.......it all started when parents decided everyone should get a trophy/medal for showing up to the pee wee field.

• Thanks 1

I like the long drawn out conversation. When I posted a National post article showing what works here. Why our rules would have avoided most of the mass shootings. 

There is also an article that explains what Australia did. They bought 600,000 weapons, changed their rules etc. 

Haven't had a mass shooting since. Suicide rates dropped considerably too. 

Don't forget we can always offer thoughts and prayers to the dickless whiners who are deemed to unstable to own guns.