Check your account email address ×

Serious question on gun control

ckf

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ummm...we had a guy where i worked who was an addict....he was bringing in 1200$ a week at his job.....and was caught knocking off variety stores to feed his habit....its not so cheap i think. :lol:

$7-10 a bindle down here. Compare that to $100 for the same kind of high out of a OxyContin. Yeah. It’s a lot cheaper 

Edited by spin_dry

35 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve worked in forensic counseling for 25 years. Black market weapons are cheaper than they’ve ever been on the street. Good quality stuff as well. It’s possible to get a decent piece in an hour. The main reason is production of firearms has doubled since 2008. Straw purchases are funneling enormous amounts of firearms on to the street level. The gun companies love it. The nra loves it. The gop loves it. Illegal firearms has become a multi billion dollar industry with politicians and gun makers in the fold. 

Similar to prescription opioids. Pharmaceuticals know there market is in the black market. 

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

So heroin production is zero in the USA but somehow it’s everywhere so how can that be

You really are an uneducated buffoon. Yet feel your perspective is relevant. 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

$7-10 a bindle down here. Compare that to $100 for the same kind of high out of a OxyContin. Yeah. It’s a lot cheaper 

Im no expert on drugs....but do you become violently ill if you stop taking oxy?

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

But thpin thinks limiting gun production will get guns off the streets yet heroin isn’t produced in the US at all but he says it’s cheap and everywhere so I’m trying to see his logic here oops

45 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Neither left out registration . that I'm opposed to.without it mandatory background checks are not enforceable

Registration of specific arms isn't required for a buyer's/seller's card.  Make and model of weapons are optional.  The exchange, ID of buyer's/seller's card, and date are all that need to be logged.

Next.

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

He’s trying to figure out this strange metaphor that he stuck his dick in. Just let him figure it out. Should be kinda funny 

13 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ummm...we had a guy where i worked who was an addict....he was bringing in 1200$ a week at his job.....and was caught knocking off variety stores to feed his habit....its not so cheap i think. :lol:

You can buy a bag of heroin for about $10. Problem is with heroin once you get addicted that $10 bag doesn't cut it. It can go to a $200 a day habit pretty quick. That's the hook, cheap awesome high that turns into a nasty destructive addiction. It's a drug dealers dream. 

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Im no expert on drugs....but do you become violently ill if you stop taking oxy?

Yes. The same receptor sites in the brain are effected by both opiates and synthetic opioids. The only difference is that pharmaceutical companies can patent opioids as their own invention. 

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

But thpin thinks limiting gun production will get guns off the streets yet heroin isn’t produced in the US at all but he says it’s cheap and everywhere so I’m trying to see his logic here oops

I've been around, I'm not dumb enough to think making guns illegal makes them go away. 

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

You can buy a bag of heroin for about $10. Problem is with heroin once you get addicted that $10 bag doesn't cut it. It can go to a $200 a day habit pretty quick. That's the hook, cheap awesome high that turns into a nasty destructive addiction. It's a drug dealers dream. 

That was my point...so its not cheap

These all sound decent on the surface...but allow me to play devils advocate why they either pose problems or will fail or already have failed.  Answers in RED

3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

There are a few things we can, and should do.

1. National gun buyers card/permit renewable every two years.  To obtain one a deep background check, and a mental health evaluation are required.  Ok, but America refuses to do a voter ID system....so, now it's  guns instead?  Fact is, most already go through a background check and it still hasn't helped if there are no flags to see.  And on the mental health part, I've addressed that in this thread, who decides what is "good" and "bad" in these evaluations?  We all have some type of mental "quirks" so, do we just list everyone?  Who administers these "evaluations"?  Local, State, Fed?  How does that get funded?  I think the "mental evaluation" idea, while somewhat plausable is a non-starter.

2.  All purchases, dealer and private go through background/buyers permit check.   Ok, but again, already the law.  And if there are no "flags" then...it is what it is.  I say we do something about the gunshow loopholes though.  Even if it is just a retroactive check after purchase.  But then, how does that get funded and administered?

3.  Limit feed/magazine size to 5 shells.  Already been done, don't thing it did anything plus, so many magazines already out there  Hell...I bet I have 50-60 of them.  Not a bad idea though.  But, the rate of fire is only slightly interruped by a reload.  What it may do is allow a "hero" to take advantage of those few seconds and stop the shooting.  We are short of heros here in America.  Cowardice is our new system.

4.  Criminalize bump stocks, cranks, and other mechanical assisted rate of fire devices.  "Bump stocks".  This is a term that tells me somebody doesn't know about guns.  Fact is, a rate of fire that is more rapid usually results in less targets being hit.  The Vegas shooter used his well (although I would have opted for a lower angle of fire) but this is rare.  And the truth is, just as many casualties would have probably been achieved with single squeezes.  Bump stocks are gay though...and so are any stupid rigging system especially since these bolts and carriers in civillan models aren't designed to work well with the heat during rapid fire.  I carried full auto and can't ever remember using it.  It's a lot more innefective than most (that don't know shit about guns) would like to believe.

5.  Require secure gun storage, criminalize negligent storage of weapons.    I agree.  If you have guns and can't secure them from your 5 year old or teen, you should pay the price here.  How are children killing each other accidentally with dad's loaded .45 or six bangers?  Idiocy.   How did the mother in CT not know her son had issues?  But bought him an AR anyway?  Idiot...she deserved her fate.

6.  Spend federal dollars to install mag and bag entry for all schools in the US.  Ok, it's being adopted by many schools already.  But the argument for arming some teachers works better for me.  This wouldn't have helped in this last disaster either.  He showed up at the end of school and forced his way in.  

7.  Spend federal dollars on national (optional per district) sentinel programs.  I can only imagine the ways this would be rejected by the left...and right.  Non-starter

Neal

3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

8.  Add a Gun Violence Restraining Order which allows any person with standing, to indicate a flag on a buyer's permit.  I think this is already part of the sreening but not sure.  And how many of these "restraining order" people are looking to buy a gun?  Most already have one..or access, which is part of our problem.  Sheer numbers.

Neal

6 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Registration of specific arms isn't required for a buyer's/seller's card.  Make and model of weapons are optional.  The exchange, ID of buyer's/seller's card, and date are all that need to be logged.

Next.

Neal

While I think that’s all a great idea, it’s not going to effect the amount of firearms making it to the street level via straw purchasing. That’s the big loophole. 

10 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Mexico might as well be the usa....after all the libs see no reason for a wall

Just now, DAVE said:

That was my point...so its not cheap

In the end it's not, but even a grade school kid can get $10. That's all it takes.

I remember in the 80's and 90's crack dealers sold $5 rocks. I bought a 1985 zl900 from this motorsports dealer on the Southside. These sharp dressed black guys came in and bought new motorcycles with $5 and $10 bills. The guy that owned that place new his market well. :lol:

• Haha 1