Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Market is cookin' today on jobs report. Woo Hoo!!!!     :happy:

One of the commentators said if the China Deal goes through, you'll be lookin' at 30K Dow. 

Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     :happy:

No, no CNN fake news has it right.  :lol:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/04/investing/dow-stock-market-today/index.html

6 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Market is cookin' today on jobs report. Woo Hoo!!!!     :happy:

One of the commentators said if the China Deal goes through, you'll be lookin' at 30K Dow. 

Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     :happy:

Lol 

17 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Markets up bigly.  I need to reduce my 401k percentage or I'm going to go over the annual $19,000 contribution limit.

401k contribution should automatically stop at that point.  I have to manage mine fairly close to both max out the contribution as well as the match because the match only happens if still contributing.  Miss the old days when they trued up end of the year the remainder of the match but at least there is no max to to the match.      

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

401k contribution should automatically stop at that point.  I have to manage mine fairly close to both max out the contribution as well as the match because the match only happens if still contributing.  Miss the old days when they trued up end of the year the remainder of the match but at least there is no max to to the match.      

That's the problem, I still have to be contributing to get the match so need at least 5% going in every pay check.

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

That's the problem, I still have to be contributing to get the match so need at least 5% going in every pay check.

gotcha.  last year was the first year we stopped the true up.  Some people fucked up didn't read the change and maxed out first or second quarter this year and missed out on 2-3 quarters match because they didn't read the docs.  Esp bad given the mediocre year to date performance of the market. At least if the market was off to the races they might have made up for it.  

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

gotcha.  last year was the first year we stopped the true up.  Some people fucked up didn't read the change and maxed out first or second quarter this year and missed out on 2-3 quarters match because they didn't read the docs.  Esp bad given the mediocre year to date performance of the market. At least if the market was off to the races they might have made up for it.  

Markets up around 16% ytd, hardly mediocre.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Markets up around 16% ytd, hardly mediocre.

most of which was early in the year recouping what was lost in Q4.  Since then it's been bouncing in a range.   Since the start of 18 it's been not doing a lot.   Sure you could cherry pick times to make the numbers look good but trends not been anything more than mediocre over that period.  It's not good,  it's not bad it's meh.  

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

:lol:

My apologies.....2 years of treading water. That's called a bear market.

If it weren't for the trade pump and manipulation last week we are down over the past 24 months

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

Sideways for going on 3 years. Pretty mediocre

Thats incorrect.  Its been up and down, but 18000 to 27000 which is roughly what has happened since Trump came on, is 50% from where I come from. In less than 3 years.

25 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats incorrect.  Its been up and down, but 18000 to 27000 which is roughly what has happened since Trump came on, is 50% from where I come from. In less than 3 years.

and yet still less than obama through most of that time :news:  

MW-HN812_SP500O_20190721170202_NS.png?uu

17 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

and yet still less than obama through most of that time :news:  

MW-HN812_SP500O_20190721170202_NS.png?uu

Nothing I said was incorrect.  The market under Obamas early years was returning to previous highs under Bush.  Trump has had over 50 all time high market closes in that time and the longest bull market in history continues under his watch.  Works for me.

Edited by DriftBusta

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Nothing I said was incorrect.  The market under Obamas early years was returning to previous highs under Bush.  Trump has had over 50 all time high market closes in that time and the longest bull market in history continues under his watch.  Works for me.

The thing that is always overlooked is the number of companies, especially banks that went under during Bushes time that were no longer part of the market.  Trump also has the advantage of trillion dollar deficits, and no spending caps or refusing to fund the government from the Republicans, and the Democrats are always willing to spend. Lets hope the bull market continues.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

The thing that is always overlooked is the number of companies, especially banks that went under during Bushes time that were no longer part of the market.  Trump also has the advantage of trillion dollar deficits, and no spending caps or refusing to fund the government from the Republicans, and the Democrats are always willing to spend. Lets hope the bull market continues.

Theres a million ways to frame the discussion.  :bc:  Spending does have to get out of control.  We’ll see what happens in term 2.