Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

23 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Thanks.  I just read that overview.  Looks similar to some of the REIT's I'm already in..  I definitely like the annualized return.  I have that on my radar now.  Thanks.  

Yes except there private.  Take a look at the chart on page 11 to see what the private index did for the past 35 years.:bc:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.waisc.com/docs/2013/Presentations/Vancouver/1320-PeterFigura.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjfqZW039DkAhXBup4KHUyUDKQQFjASegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3rCmRJUlW5_iDwgYGIhDHl&cshid=1568478999340

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The REIT's I'm currently in are private as well.    I will read through that link.  Thanks.  

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So can a US citizen buy shares of this REIT?  

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't know.  There must more similar opportunities down in the land of opportunities.:bc:

Just an FYI to what I'm doing going forward.

Roger that. 

From where I sit, it seems like investing in a REIT in Canada may be a lot safer than a similar REIT in the states.  In Canada, lots of kids go to University.  In Canada you don't have near as many complete shithole slum apartments.  In Canada you don't have near as many people (% wise) on public assistance.

As I read that closer it may just be the difference between Private and Publicly traded REIT's.  I have a bit of money in private REIT's now.  I would like to invest more, for all the reasons listed on those two links you posted.  The securities firm where I have a majority of my money limits my REIT holdings to 33% of portfolio value.  That is probably good but I would like some more private REIT's.  I'm currently looking at ways to work around that, like opening another account with another securities firm.  

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Roger that. 

From where I sit, it seems like investing in a REIT in Canada may be a lot safer than a similar REIT in the states.  In Canada, lots of kids go to University.  In Canada you don't have near as many complete shithole slum apartments.  In Canada you don't have near as many people (% wise) on public assistance.

As I read that closer it may just be the difference between Private and Publicly traded REIT's.  I have a bit of money in private REIT's now.  I would like to invest more, for all the reasons listed on those two links you posted.  The securities firm where I have a majority of my money limits my REIT holdings to 33% of portfolio value.  That is probably good but I would like some more private REIT's.  I'm currently looking at ways to work around that, like opening another account with another securities firm.  

Why would they limit that?  Mind you that's actually the target limit I'm striving for.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Why would they limit that?  Mind you that's actually the target limit I'm striving for.

It's just their policy.  REIT's are considered Alternative Investments.  I can only leverage 33% of my portfolio on Alternatives.  

I'm gonna open a brokerage account this coming week and do a little playing on the side.  Obviously there will be no limits there.  

42 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Expected returns.  I wonder how they fared predicting this past decade.

https://www.canadianportfoliomanagerblog.com/ask-bender-expected-returns-for-the-vanguard-asset-allocation-etfs/

Let's guess members TNW!!  This is fun!!!

Benny No Penny...…………….$250,000.00.

Awful Mouthful...……………..$150,000.00.

Arctic Crusher...………………..$4,500,000.00. 

AK Shortpants……………………$600,000.00.

Louis Ck...……………………………$350,000.00.

Joelle...…………………………………$150,000.00. 

Steve Amherst...………………….$875,000.00. 

Kivalo……………………………………$150,000.00.

Sledgey………………………………….$500,00.00.  

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

A little low on AC.  Way high on everyone else.  

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

A little low on AC.  Way high on everyone else.  

Steve already said he was worth just under a mill. 

Sledgey owns a big farm. Maybe his TNW is up there.

Kivvie is a captain, so he must have some money by now...…….he's 39 or somethin.

Awffy has a house, and some land up country, and a Outlander 1000. 

OK, maybe I'm high. I don't know, just guessin'.

Benny makes big bucks, and has a house or two. He must have some equity on these things. 

17 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

The REIT's I'm currently in are private as well.    I will read through that link.  Thanks.  

You rubes!  I use a Sealy mattress!

No these look like interesting tools.  I've become an investment nerd (mostly with agriculture tools, covering with put and call futures options, ect.). There is some fun stuff out there.  Now I just need the starting bankroll to play with!

Neal

9 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Where's Barb, and yourself.

3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You rubes!  I use a Sealy mattress!

No these look like interesting tools.  I've become an investment nerd (mostly with agriculture tools, covering with put and call futures options, ect.). There is some fun stuff out there.  Now I just need the starting bankroll to play with!

Neal

Do yourself a favor and stay away from options.  :bc: 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Can I lose money faster with options than inverse leveraged etfs?

If so sign me up!!!!!11

Yes. :lol:  i had a buddy who thought he could play the option game.  He lost a boatload.  They wont let us trade them at EJ at all, too much risk.

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yes. :lol:  i had a buddy who thought he could play the option game.  He lost a boatload.  They wont let us trade them at EJ at all, too much risk.

I worked with an electrician who turned 9k into 64k in just 2 years playing stocks. He literally had zero clue what he was doing. Got his account option approved and bet it all on apple making a 5% move to the upside on a 30 day contract. He lost every nickel :lol:

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I worked with an electrician who turned 9k into 64k in just 2 years playing stocks. He literally had zero clue what he was doing. Got his account option approved and bet it all on apple making a 5% move to the upside on a 30 day contract. He lost every nickel :lol:

Easy come easy go. 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Ouch.  The better moves if want to increase the risk reward are to look for smallcap, midcaps that have big jumps.  Parcel out funds you can afford to lose and play with that.  I have a couple clients who do ok doing it that way, and even they occasionally pick losers.  Everytime I try and get cute or go with a hunch even years back before Inhad the license I seem to get burned so I just stick to fundamentals now,