Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

It'll be a gamble:

Will Trump get impeached? Probably. Will it sustain in the senate, I don't think so.  

Will the China deal go through? I believe it eventually will. 

If these issues resolve positively, the market will probably hit 30 Gs. 

It's all a gamble I'm taking. 

If Trump gets in again, I think the market will keep going. However, the economy will cycle down, at some point. It ALWAYS does. 

It's all a gamble. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

It'll be a gamble:

Will Trump get impeached? Probably. Will it sustain in the senate, I don't think so.  

Will the China deal go through? I believe it eventually will. 

If these issues resolve positively, the market will probably hit 30 Gs. 

It's all a gamble I'm taking. 

If Trump gets in again, I think the market will keep going. However, the economy will cycle down, at some point. It ALWAYS does. 

It's all a gamble. 

It,s at a high now. Why don't you pull have out. You know it is going to recede a little , and when it does it will ruin your week

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

It,s at a high now. Why don't you pull have out. You know it is going to recede a little , and when it does it will ruin your week

If you can't handle a 25% correction best to exit or never really enter markets.

I'm maintaining my public portfolio while adding to my private one.  20.5% YTD and 9% respectively.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

If you can't handle a 25% correction best to exit or never really enter markets.

I'm maintaining my public portfolio while adding to my private one.  20.5% YTD and 9% respectively.  

I agree, but pops checks it daily and then has a meltdown on down days. I wasn't offering that advice from a financial perspective. it was a medical one.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I agree, but pops checks it daily and then has a meltdown on down days. I wasn't offering that advice from a financial perspective. it was a medical one.

Well his Contrafund is up 25% YTD so Danoff himself may meet him personally at the elevator on his next Fidelity visit.:lol:

My plan does not change heading into retirement.

• Haha 1

That only gets sketchy for people with finite resources at or near retirement, those conversations are never easy.  

How do REITS work in Canada tax wise?  Some REITS and MLPs here in the states are really complex tax wise, in that much of your dividend is return of principal, which can have a significant tax impact down the road, because  you have to reclaim your cost basis.  Not sure I worded that exactly perfect, just that some investors get a surprise kick in the ass down the road.  

Well his Contrafund is up 25% YTD so Danoff himself may meet him personally at the elevator on his next Fidelity visit.:lol:

My plan does not change heading into retirement.

MFS Midcap and Midcap value are some of my pet favs right now.  Kicking ass for a long time.

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That only gets sketchy for people with finite resources at or near retirement, those conversations are never easy.  

How do REITS work in Canada tax wise?  Some REITS and MLPs here in the states are really complex tax wise, in that much of your dividend is return of principal, which can have a significant tax impact down the road, because  you have to reclaim your cost basis.  Not sure I worded that exactly perfect, just that some investors get a surprise kick in the ass down the road.  

ROC (return of capital) for the most part that investment later gets taxed as capital gain once original principal has been returned.