Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well the other thing I forgot to add is (Jones guidance) you never put more than 30% of your investible assets into an annuity.  So you lock in your gains on a portion, as a hedge.  Honestly, talk to your guy, because you’re a perfect candidate.  If he recommends more than 30%, take all your money and find a new guy.  Fuckin banks love to sell the shit out of annuities, like all your assets.  The commissions are great.  Thats podunk bullshit.  Rates have actually come down lately, lower payouts since the low interest rate environment now.  Theres a bunch of different annuity types too, but if the markets have you stressed out, its something to consider.  Talk to your guy about them.

IMO, REITS have their highs and lows too.  Think Jelly Bean chart-which shows which investment types perform the best in any given year.  Give a different color to each investment type and different types perform at the top each year.  Don’t have one in front of me, but I believe REITS have had a few years where they took it on the chin.  Also the tax consideration here in the states has to be looked at.  Going off the top of my head, but many times those distributions are at least partly return of principal.   Don’t get me wrong, I love them too.  Just not for everyone. 

Inception returns are 12-13% even through 2008, but not all are equal so dd is paramount.

Another record setter today.:bc:

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Yes that's fucked, and it's looking at it from a very elementary point of view.

Why did ya' have ta' agree so quickly??  Couldn't ya' have said " No Znotty, you're OK ".   :dunno:

On 1/16/2018 at 11:21 PM, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It will hit 30K on that hope and hype. Then correct to the mean. Nothing spectacular. It isn't based on faulty practices just over-exuberance. That really isn't a bad thing. The red flags that do exist are overvaluation of good products as a whole. It is the equivalent of saying Apple had a record year in sales, so lets bump their price up 20% when only 10% is justified. The key is not that they overvalued the price per say, the key is they had a a record year. The speculating on what that means for next year is the over-exuberance that is pumping this sucker through the roof. The financial statements are still strong across the board. It is still hard to say for certain that the market isn't worthy of the price it currently has. It all depends on this year. If growth shows the results promised, that sucker is worth every penny of 30K. 

On 1/17/2018 at 9:59 AM, Zambroski said:

We'll go through a half dozen corrections before it starts to level out.  Right now, we are rising up quickly out of the last administration forcing companies to hold onto their money and not put it into growth.  I don't even see indicators yet showing a real correction better than 10%.  Most are seeing us hitting 30k before any correction. 

But, I won't trust anything I read or see 100% again.  Day trading information for us "regualar Joe's" is designed to fuck us and I lost big time during the last fuck up because I was told "not to sweat it" as we spiraled into shitsville.  Banks will never again see a dime of interest from me.  And if I can find a way to duplicate what my FA can gain (tap into real time information) they'd be gone too.  Well, maybe not.  I suck at trading.  :lol:

Nope no one said this. 

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Inception returns are 12-13% even through 2008, but not all are equal so dd is paramount.

Another record setter today.:bc:

Love it.  You won’t hear any Democrats who are happy though.  :lol:. Up 246 and change on the day so far.  Could hit 27500.  Could I said, we sure don’t want Kev to accuse me of promising anyone....

53 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Nope no one said this. 

You have been chirping for over two years that me and a half dozen other guys have predicted it. For a guy who’s always accusing everybody else of lying, you’re a liar. One guy said it.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Love it.  You won’t hear any Democrats who are happy though.  :lol:. Up 246 and change on the day so far.  Could hit 27500.  Could I said, we sure don’t want Kev to accuse me of promising anyone....

You have been chirping for over two years that me and a half dozen other guys have predicted it. For a guy who’s always accusing everybody else of lying, you’re a liar. One guy said it.

Even then it was not a full bold statement.:lol:

More like, I can see it happening, wouldn't surprise me.

18 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Just bought 50k in a variety of REITs

Good stuff. :bc:

Take a good look at Skyline and Centurian.

They will be immune to a market correction and still deliver north of 10% for the long haul.

• Like 1

Wow, can't believe another 27300 high.  I do dislike that the Fed cut rates again, I don't think it was necessary.  Also impacted my cash sitting at Wealthfront and drove down my interest.

I've got a couple of REIT's  MFA and ORC.  I would not recommend ORC but MFA is good.  Great dividends!  My T is finally positive and getting that Div as well. 

Looking for the next individual equity, what do you all like?

19 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Seems you need to do a min of 150k to buy into a private reit. 

No, its 50K for Skyline, 25K for Centurian, unless you don't qualify under either of the two scenarios.  Most will qualify under the second scenario Offering Memorandum, shit even retired MIL did.:bc:

To be an Accredited Investor you would need to meet one of the requirements below:
  • a) an individual who, either alone or with a spouse, beneficially owns financial assets having an aggregate realizable value that before taxes, but net of any related liabilities, exceeds $1,000,000; (or)
  • b) an individual whose income before taxes exceeded $200,000 in each of the 2 most recent calendar years or whose income before taxes combined with that of a spouse exceeded $300 000 in each of the 2 most recent calendar years and who, in either case, reasonably expects to exceed that net income level in the current calendar year; (or)
  • c) an individual who, either alone or with a spouse, has net assets of at least $5,000,000;
To be an Eligible Investor under the Offering Memorandum Exemption you would need to meet one of the below requirements:
  • a) an individual who, either alone or with a spouse has net assets of at least $400,000; (or)
  • b) an individual whose income before taxes exceeded $75,000 in each of the 2 most recent calendar years or whose income before taxes combined with that of a spouse exceeded $125,000 in each of the 2 most recent calendar years and who, in either case, reasonably expects to exceed that net income level in the current calendar year

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No, its 50K for Skyline, 25K for Centurian, unless you don't qualify under either of the two scenarios.  Most will qualify under the second scenario Offering Memorandum, shit even retired MIL did.:bc:

To be an Accredited Investor you would need to meet one of the requirements below:
  • a) an individual who, either alone or with a spouse, beneficially owns financial assets having an aggregate realizable value that before taxes, but net of any related liabilities, exceeds $1,000,000; (or)
  • b) an individual whose income before taxes exceeded $200,000 in each of the 2 most recent calendar years or whose income before taxes combined with that of a spouse exceeded $300 000 in each of the 2 most recent calendar years and who, in either case, reasonably expects to exceed that net income level in the current calendar year; (or)
  • c) an individual who, either alone or with a spouse, has net assets of at least $5,000,000;
To be an Eligible Investor under the Offering Memorandum Exemption you would need to meet one of the below requirements:
  • a) an individual who, either alone or with a spouse has net assets of at least $400,000; (or)
  • b) an individual whose income before taxes exceeded $75,000 in each of the 2 most recent calendar years or whose income before taxes combined with that of a spouse exceeded $125,000 in each of the 2 most recent calendar years and who, in either case, reasonably expects to exceed that net income level in the current calendar year

Right on, thanks, good to go.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Why did ya' have ta' agree so quickly??  Couldn't ya' have said " No Znotty, you're OK ".   :dunno:

Just stop looking at it everyday. You will be fine , but the stress YOU LET IT CAUSE YOU . isn't worth the small amount of excitement you get from it on an up day.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 11/1/2019 at 1:11 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

Good stuff. :bc:

Take a good look at Skyline and Centurian.

They will be immune to a market correction and still deliver north of 10% for the long haul.

National Health Investors (Senior living.   No market growth there with 10,000 baby boomers turning 65 every day.) 

Crown Castle International (Cell phone towers and underground fiber optic lines....yeah not much growth there either. :lol:)  

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

National Health Investors (Senior living.   No market growth there with 10,000 baby boomers turning 65 every day.) 

Crown Castle International (Cell phone towers and underground fiber optic lines....yeah not much growth there either. :lol:)  

For sure there.:lol:

I'm looking at diversifying into more private offerings and building up that side to 33-50% of my overall portfolio. 

15 year returns of 12-14% will be at the top of any long term performance ranking.

• 2 weeks later...