Check your account email address ×

Daughter fine after surgery...Dog at the Vet Now

• Platinum Contributing Member

So I take Sadie out to the state park this afternoon for some well needed exercise for both of us and some mental health time for me......and it was going good for awhile. We were on our way back to the truck and Sadie was doing her thing and running around like a maniac when she bolted down a hill into some brush and I heard a yelp....first thought was a porcupine but no quills as she came back but she was limping so I thought maybe she just tweaked a paw or leg and then I saw the blood dripping into the snow and thought ah fuck....look on her chest and she is sliced open so I get on the horn with the wife and tell her to get the vet coming to the clinic and I scoop up Sadie and run her back to the truck.  Dr. Rob shows up and takes a look and says he'll call me when he is done....just got off the phone with him and she is OK..said he was able to get his whole hand in there and he found some wood pieces. Good news is that whatever it was it ran along her rib cage and didn't penetrate....stitches, drain and picking her up later tonight.....SMH.

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

Jesus!  Scary as shit I’ll bet.  Glad she is ok.  

Title was a bit confusing though...cuz, don’t you have a human daughter also?  

Look in the random photo thread. :lol:

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Jesus!  Scary as shit I’ll bet.  Glad she is ok.  

Title was a bit confusing though...cuz, don’t you have a human daughter also?  

19 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Gonna get some good antibiotics I bet.  Sheesh.  Good luck to a speedy recovery Sadie!

Neal

17 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Yikes  Hope all turns out good :bc:

Thanks gents....I was a little freaked out because it looked pretty damn deep and I wasn't sure if it had penetrated her rib cage or anything. 

I had a dog who ran over some razor wire one time sliced her belly wide open . was like a 45 min drive to closest vet with my wife loosing her mind . she was fine after a shit load of stitches and a few weeks in the cone of shame . that happened when she was like 2 she lived to be 16

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Here she is this morning looking sad and her stitches with the drain sticking out...Dr.Rob did a great job and glad he was available for emergency service.:thumbsup:

5EE5474A-AB71-4EEF-ADB5-CF0D58F7CA2D.thumb.jpeg.6b2f1b1688164c7aee3f32398175298a.jpeg7F7C8C13-A18A-4BA2-8758-AC5716CCE51F.thumb.jpeg.ea0a4c821b773d4771e25da0ca4ec8cc.jpeg

She will be as good as new in no time...its amazing how resilient dogs are most of the time. :bc:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Jesus!  Poor thing.  Did you ever find out what she ran into/across?

Dr. Rob found some pieces of wood in there so I'm guessing she caught a stick just right and ran it right  into herself...fluke deal for sure but had it penetrated into her chest cavity I could have lost her right there and that would have killed me.

29 minutes ago, DAVE said:

She will be as good as new in no time...its amazing how resiliant dogs are most of the time. :bc:

Yessir....the biggest challenge now is to keep her calm until she heals up.:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yessir....the biggest challenge now is to keep her calm until she heals up.:thumbsup:

Im surprised they didnt give you a cone for her head so she wouldnt try to eat her stitches. :dunno:

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Dr. Rob found some pieces of wood in there so I'm guessing she caught a stick just right and ran it right  into herself...fluke deal for sure but had it penetrated into her chest cavity I could have lost her right there and that would have killed me.

Glab she's ok.

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Glad she's OK Jim.  She looks like a very active dog.  

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Im surprised they didnt give you a cone for her head so she wouldnt try to eat her stitches. :dunno:

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Glab she's ok.

Thanks fellas and he gave me a cone but didn't think she would need it and so far so good. He suggested a kids t-shirt and tie it in the back.....worked well and caught the drainage form the drain.:thumbsup:

• Like 1