• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Damn, $.15 is way higher than what we pay.  You using candles at night?  

Neal

Whole house is LED's, which I think helps.  If we stick around this house, we are getting new stove/fridge/dishwasher/nuker this summer, which would help even more. 

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

$400/year more for DirecTV's middle package with 2 boxes then it was for gas and electric for our house. 

The AC and heat run pretty constant and we aren't shy about using the gas fireplace in the winter. 

That doesn't include internet or a landline...

We we're over 250 or some shit for TV and internet a month.  Wife would fight with them every month about them jacking up the bill, sit there on phone, getting put on hold, transferred.. fucking crooks. Then you have sit through their commercials telling you how great they are. 

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

30714027_2055811811300605_9146445874397626009_n.jpg

I can't believe guys are still doing  burnouts in the parking lot.  Something breaks or lose control. They put your ass in jail now.

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I just picked up a Roku to give it a test run.  If I can pick up the local hockey channels, gonna tell cable to suck it.  Can't wait to see how they fuck me on their stand alone Wifi rates.  :wall:

I use Directv Now. Check them out, or Doing, or PS Vue.  YouTube TV might work too.  I get all the hockey channels including nhl network.

6 hours ago, Cold War said:

Cable / insurance companies are the worse for penalizing you for being a long loyal customer. 

I switch insurance companies every year.  The old companies always go up.  Soon as I get the notice I have the agent shop it.  They get paid more for new customers so they are happy to do it.

30 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I use Directv Now. Check them out, or Doing, or PS Vue.  YouTube TV might work too.  I get all the hockey channels including nhl network.

I switch insurance companies every year.  The old companies always go up.  Soon as I get the notice I have the agent shop it.  They get paid more for new customers so they are happy to do it.

I've been with the same company for 10+ years for house and auto. A few years back I tried to shop around, the rates were horrendous. They (the agent) said new customers join up, then weeks later make a claim for a leaky roof. So the new customers pay an increased premium. I always live by the idea that insurance is for when shit hits the fan. I dent my truck I fix it, my roofs 20+ years old I put a new one on. I roll/flip/stove/total my truck, or a tree falls and lands in my living room, then I'd pick up the phone.

I'll have to have them shop around again, I'd love to reduce my rates a bit.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I've been with the same company for 10+ years for house and auto. A few years back I tried to shop around, the rates were horrendous. They (the agent) said new customers join up, then weeks later make a claim for a leaky roof. So the new customers pay an increased premium. I always live by the idea that insurance is for when shit hits the fan. I dent my truck I fix it, my roofs 20+ years old I put a new one on. I roll/flip/stove/total my truck, or a tree falls and lands in my living room, then I'd pick up the phone.

I'll have to have them shop around again, I'd love to reduce my rates a bit.

:bc:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

We were just talking about this last night.  Any company can take your money, if they aren't going to pay out when you need them doesn't matter how cheap.

My buddy was telling me his house up north flooded.  First they tried to tell him he didn't live there, so it wasn't covered. Told them his adult son lives there  year round. Then it changed to he had no sump pump Ryder.  If he had no sump pump it would of been covered, but since he had one with no additional coverage they would not. Told the asshole, you sold me the policy, why wouldn't you make sure I was covered?

They promptly sent him a cancellation letter after 20 years  of paying them for nothing.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

USAA banks on that cause they aren't the cheapest most of the time.  

They sure do.  I was absolutely flabbergasted when I decided just to shop around a bit after being loyal to USAA for ten fucking years.  I felt violated!!  I closed all my accounts with them after that.  Well, all but my childs universal life policy that my wife is MAKING us keep for her.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

My wife used to be a realtor. When USAA gave her a lead they would take 20% of her commission. One time she referred her customer to them and they still wanted the 20%. After that she didn't even want their leads anymore.

22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

USAA banks on that cause they aren't the cheapest most of the time.  

12 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

My wife used to be a realtor. When USAA gave her a lead they would take 20% of her commission. One time she referred her customer to them and they still wanted the 20%. After that she didn't even want their leads anymore.

I'm happy with them. When you make the claims I've had to in the past.....

5 hours ago, Snake said:

Dar9WTXU0AAKvub.jpg

I wonder if they told him he was flying low and I wonder if he replied, I know? 

• Haha 1