Check your account email address ×

Wtf is with the 840 poo

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

That team is on tinker toy sleds.  They ride so nice with a little shock work.  I think they got a pretty good deal on them.  

That is just a great design when dialed in

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That team is on tinker toy sleds.  They ride so nice with a little shock work.  I think they got a pretty good deal on them.  

yeah i really liked Drew's xcr. If I could do it again I probably would have gotten the XCR instead of the assault. 

Just now, Anler said:

yeah i really liked Drew's xcr. If I could do it again I probably would have gotten the XCR instead of the assault. 

It's an amazing sled to ride.  The only real challenge for Iron Doggers is the center shock.  There are some super nasty square edged terrain they must travel through.  Like river and creek embankments and ice ledges on the rivers.  Like water skipping rivers with 12"-18" banks to hit on the other side. The center shock just takes a pounding.  If you make it stiff enough with valving and a heavy enough spring it can take the punishment but all that load is transferred to the cross shaft and rails.  All the Poo guys on XCR's are using the steel cross shaft from a Cat SnoX sled.  Most are using solid rails from Polaris Racing.  

Almost every team on the ProRide chassis will have center shock issues during the race.  

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It's an amazing sled to ride.  The only real challenge for Iron Doggers is the center shock.  There are some super nasty square edged terrain they must travel through.  Like river and creek embankments and ice ledges on the rivers.  Like water skipping rivers with 12"-18" banks to hit on the other side. The center shock just takes a pounding.  If you make it stiff enough with valving and a heavy enough spring it can take the punishment but all that load is transferred to the cross shaft and rails.  All the Poo guys on XCR's are using the steel cross shaft from a Cat SnoX sled.  Most are using solid rails from Polaris Racing.  

Almost every team on the ProRide chassis will have center shock issues during the race.  

yeah but I am not that hard core. :lol:  :bc:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

48430016_10118349802011564_8572714388778

16 hours ago, Turf said:

Once again a second hand account. Not the owner posting the actual shit. Why don't the actuall owners post this shit.

16 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

they do prob is not much to see except a puddel in tbe pan under clutch untill the dealer pulls motor . then it is shipped to poo for inspection  . I am telling you Polaris knows oil lines,are poping off the pto crank side . diff opinions on why but it is happening all over the west right now .

I am pretty sure they have or are,releasing a bulliten on this oil line issue .

some say they think it is to much sealant blocking the passage creating back presure blowing the line .

others think some of the bearings are installed incorrect and moving and blocking passage creating presure blowing off line 

no matter it ends up taking out the crank .most are going down with less,than 20 hrs,on them.  my buds had just under 11 hrs on it 

are you ok with it now @turf or is polaris going to have to post picks for you  ?

18 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Has anyone heard of an oil line coming off a 15-18?

Indy Dan hasn't. RKT hasn't. Northstar hasn't.

It's a 850 issue. Smoke and mirrors......

no pree 850 for sure . p.o. some what running cover 

yes I know  as of this morning know 2 850 that blew a line off .

this is happening all over . why in the fuck do you think poo  put out the update?

it is the sealant or the Bering blocking the port causing back presure blowing the fitting right out of the case not s one hose clamp bull shit.

even sleds that did not fully gernade who cought the leak in time  are getting motors pulled and sent in to poo ASAP .

why do you think they are doing this? 

they at least have 2 decades of practice at this bull shit .

Edited by Ez ryder

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

yes I know as of this morning know 2 850 that blew a line off .

this is happening all over . why in the fuck do you think poo  put out the update?

it is the sealant or the Bering blocking the port causing back presure blowing the fitting right out of the case not s one hose clamp bull shit.

even sleds that did not fully gernade who cought the leak in time  are getting motors pulled and sent in to poo ASAP .

why do you think they are doing this? 

they at least have 2 decades of practice at this bull shit .

Does anybody read before they post?

33 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Yea, that 15-Current line is just Polaris CYA trying to tamp down the hysteria. 

I've never heard of this before this year.  But I'm not saying there wasn't an isolated incident here or there.  

2 minutes ago, Reevester said:

200 miles and oil lines are all still on. Needs a track tightened and belt deflection adjustment. Thing is a rocket and a dream to ride. 

Awesome! I am hoping this thing turns out to be all it was hyped up to be. I really want one!

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Reevester said:

200 miles and oil lines are all still on. Needs a track tightened and belt deflection adjustment. Thing is a rocket and a dream to ride. 

Nice....ride it like you stole it! 👊🏻🍺

• Like 1

So here is the latest. Guys are looking closely at their oil lines and many are reporting that the ring clamps are not tight and you can easily just pull the oil line hose right off. Some guys are tightening the ring clamps and some are using small zip ties. 

Maybe its not plugged up check valves after all. The saga continues  

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

So here is the latest. Guys are looking closely at their oil lines and many are reporting that the ring clamps are not tight and you can easily just pull the oil line hose right off. Some guys are tightening the ring clamps and some are using small zip ties. 

Maybe its not plugged up check valves after all. The saga continues  

I checked all mine last week and they seem fine. The PTO side I needed to push the clamp over the barb. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Polaris hasn't had a good first year motor over 700 cubes probably ever.  At least not a twin.  The valved 800 triple triple was solid, but that was a) Fuji and b) adding valves to a motor that was largely worked out already.

The 2015+ 800HO was and is a great 800. Every liberty big bore before that and maybe the 850 now, has not been however

7 hours ago, thewayout said:

The 2015+ 800HO was and is a great 800. Every liberty big bore before that and maybe the 850 now, has not been however

Hey even though my Assault motor self destructed, I had over 5000 trouble free miles on the two Axys’s I owned.  I really think I just got some bad gas, because it blew up literally just a few miles after I had just filled up.  It’s a great motor imo, I just wish they were cheaper to fix.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

And just like that.  Two sleds rescued from the back country this morning.  This is Johnsons Pass.  Neal, Joel and Preston all went back there with me in 2013.  

Which model of Arctic Cat were they, and what happened ?