Check your account email address ×

Wtf is with the 840 poo

We will see at the end of the season. Right now there just hasnt been enough snow to beat the fuck out of them. They sold the shit out of that thing tho and gave a 4 year warranty for anyone who ordered one. :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

I didn't think he was water cooling it either?  I can't really see an intercooler in that pic but I'm no expert on Silber turbos.  Kyle typically keeps it under 7lbs of boost for reliability.  Poo 2 strokes don't like lots of boost.   I will ask him what he's doing with this one.  

Poo's need a better fuel pump above 15LBS boost. The stock pumps cant handle it. Otherwise they are fine, obviously depending on size of the domes.

Just now, Legend said:

Poo's need a better fuel pump above 15LBS boost. The stock pumps cant handle it. Otherwise they are fine, obviously depending on size of the domes.

I think anyone considering 15lbs of boost would be made aware of this if they didn't already know. 

7 minutes ago, Legend said:

The point I am getting at is the poos can handle the boost.

Yea probably so.  The guys around here with turbo 2 strokes keep the boost fairly low mainly for reliability.  It gets expensive to chopper a sled out of the mountains when you blow one up.  

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea probably so.  The guys around here with turbo 2 strokes keep the boost fairly low mainly for reliability.  It gets expensive to chopper a sled out of the mountains when you blow one up.  

I hear that. I had a poo go down right on the edge of the wilderness zone out by Cooke City a few years back. Took me and 2 other guys 3 days to get it out. Stripped that POS down as much as we could to get it out. Was no possible way to get it out whole without a chopper.

What kind of elevation is the riding up there? Do guys get up real high, or can you get good snow down lower? Our riding is all above 8k. So need the high boost.

Personally I'd rather run 4 lbs of boost and ride at 3k feet. Easier to breathe.

15 minutes ago, Legend said:

I hear that. I had a poo go down right on the edge of the wilderness zone out by Cooke City a few years back. Took me and 2 other guys 3 days to get it out. Stripped that POS down as much as we could to get it out. Was no possible way to get it out whole without a chopper.

What kind of elevation is the riding up there? Do guys get up real high, or can you get good snow down lower? Our riding is all above 8k. So need the high boost.

Personally I'd rather run 4 lbs of boost and ride at 3k feet. Easier to breathe.

Our riding is all fairly low altitude.  Most of our trailheads are within 500' of sea level.  A few trailheads are above 1000'.  Most of our riding is well below 5000'.  The riding area closest to where I live (10 miles to the trailhead from the house) the parking lot is at 900'.  The tallest peak is 6200'.  We can easily ride to 5200'.  NA sleds are wheezing bad above 4000'.  I typically clutch for the higher altitude I plan to ride that day and use the Ethanol Switch to keep from over revving down low.  

Around here tree riding is the most fun.  Treeline is about 1500' so we often just ride down low.  Getting up above the trees and into the gullies and on the glaciers is super fun too.  

22 minutes ago, Legend said:

I like 20lbs of boost at 1200'

A chopper ride is typically $500-$700 depending on how far back you are broken down.  At $200 per clutch belt it just makes more sense to get the sled to an open area and call in the GPS coordinates.  I

I've been part of 4 different chopper rides over the years.  Twice the chopper had the sled back to the trailer before we got back.  Chopper rides go with the territory.  No one wants to shell out $500 for a downed sled but it's also no fun to ruin everyone's trip because of one breakdown.  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You wouldn't mind back country riding if you didn't ride such tanks...............      

Dude...I'm always one wrong move away from being in bed for 2 weeks with my back. In just trying to get through another 10 years of being able to work without needing surgery. 

Fuck digging sleds out of snow 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

Dude...I'm always one wrong move away from being in bed for 2 weeks with my back. In just trying to get through another 10 years of being able to work without needing surgery. 

this

16 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Our riding is all fairly low altitude.  Most of our trailheads are within 500' of sea level.  A few trailheads are above 1000'.  Most of our riding is well below 5000'.  The riding area closest to where I live (10 miles to the trailhead from the house) the parking lot is at 900'.  The tallest peak is 6200'.  We can easily ride to 5200'.  NA sleds are wheezing bad above 4000'.  I typically clutch for the higher altitude I plan to ride that day and use the Ethanol Switch to keep from over revving down low.  

Around here tree riding is the most fun.  Treeline is about 1500' so we often just ride down low.  Getting up above the trees and into the gullies and on the glaciers is super fun too.  

Yeah big difference. I sure wouldnt be at 15lbs at those elevations.

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

A chopper ride is typically $500-$700 depending on how far back you are broken down.  At $200 per clutch belt it just makes more sense to get the sled to an open area and call in the GPS coordinates.  I

I've been part of 4 different chopper rides over the years.  Twice the chopper had the sled back to the trailer before we got back.  Chopper rides go with the territory.  No one wants to shell out $500 for a downed sled but it's also no fun to ruin everyone's trip because of one breakdown.  

That is awesome! I dont know what chopper rides cost, but was under the impression it was more like $3-4k.

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

me to I refuse to let them do surgery on my back I know way to many guys who got fucked way worse after the knife. 

shoot me full of shit in my spine good to go untill I bend over to pick up a pencil or some other random shit