Check your account email address ×

Wtf is with the 840 poo

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

Yeah big difference. I sure wouldnt be at 15lbs at those elevations.

That is awesome! I dont know what chopper rides cost, but was under the impression it was more like $3-4k.

All of the chopper rides I've been involved in were under $600.  I think they charge $500/hr and go off the engine hours.  These guys are fast.  They land and do the hook up themselves.  They drop the sled right on the trailer or even on a sled deck if that is what you have.  They drop the harness and all.  You drop the harness off at the heliport when you go pay the bill.  

• Like 2

Polaris hasn't had a good first year motor over 700 cubes probably ever.  At least not a twin.  The valved 800 triple triple was solid, but that was a) Fuji and b) adding valves to a motor that was largely worked out already.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

well another guy I ride with blew a rod on his 850 this morning they are working on towing it out right now . less than 200 mi 

Yep.  Seems like the vast majority of the failures also have oil lines pipping off the check valves.  Speculation is case bonding sealant is plugging the check valve and not letting oil to the bearings. I think you posted that yesterday too.   The one I read about today was a center bearing check valve had popped the oil line off.  Most are the PTO bearing check valves.  .  

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Polaris hasn't had a good first year motor over 700 cubes probably ever.  At least not a twin.  The valved 800 triple triple was solid, but that was a) Fuji and b) adding valves to a motor that was largely worked out already.

Who has has had a good big bore twin that wasnt designed by another company except the etec? Even that tech was bought by skidoo

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep.  Seems like the vast majority of the failures also have oil lines pipping off the check valves.  Speculation is case bonding sealant is plugging the check valve and not letting oil to the bearings. I think you posted that yesterday too.   The one I read about today was a center bearing check valve had popped the oil line off.  Most are the PTO bearing check valves.  .  

Fucking pathetic. This is a massive failure. These motherfuckers need to be sued. The consumer is not the fucking field tester. 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Fucking pathetic. This is a massive failure. These motherfuckers need to be sued. The consumer is not the fucking field tester. 

It is pathetic.  This engine is the most advanced snogo engine Polaris has ever built and they can't even get the case halves sealed together properly.  Unbelievable.

I use case sealant all the time.  I put it on and wipe 90% off with my finger.  How freaking hard is that?  

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I have seen a bunch of those pics on the 850 facebook page. That would make sense if its clogged and making them pop off. Not good

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

C-tec 800 has been fine 

Yah....underperformaning flame thrower is awesome. Fucking ctec is a joke. Slowest lowest hp worst performing 800 out there. If I had one I'd be praying for it to self destruct

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

It is pathetic.  This engine is the most advanced snogo engine Polaris has ever built and they can't even get the case halves sealed together properly.  Unbelievable.

I use case sealant all the time.  I put it on and wipe 90% off with my finger.  How freaking hard is that?  

Meth mouth retards making 13$ an hour

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yah....underperformaning flame thrower is awesome. Fucking ctec is a joke. Slowest lowest hp worst performing 800 out there. If I had one I'd be praying for it to self destruct

Meth mouth retards making 13$ an hour

The Suzuki’s mills were still the best but from a reliability standpoint the ctec has been fine 

Just now, f7ben said:

Your 

Owned!

i had a 2010 CFR 1000... I have a soft spot for these sleds. And a hard spot too!

always thought The 1000 was lazy. Wanted to do the pipe and timing mods. Supposed to be able to get around 190 hp out of it then the 1000 would be a bladt

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

Owned!

i had a 2010 CFR 1000... I have a soft spot for these sleds. And a hard spot too!

always thought The 1000 was lazy. Wanted to do the pipe and timing mods. Supposed to be able to get around 190 hp out of it then the 1000 would be a bladt

They are not rev happy motors