Check your account email address ×

Wtf is with the 840 poo

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

That's how good they are!

I said it before it will be funny when a 0.2c hose clamp causes these issues for the poo. I checked all mine and things seem fine had to push the PTO side one on a tiny bit and put the clamp over the barb. It is pretty stupid they can't come up with a better clamp. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I said it before it will be funny when a 0.2c hose clamp causes these issues for the poo. I checked all mine and things seem fine had to push the PTO side one on a tiny bit and put the clamp over the barb. It is pretty stupid they can't come up with a better clamp. :dunno:

Yeah it's bizarre they use so much cheap shit for stuff. Fucking bean counters. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah it's bizarre they use so much cheap shit for stuff. Fucking bean counters. 

That doo carnage was from a connecting rod bolt backing out that wasn't torqued properly. Was a big issue for the my17 850s but I guess there wasn't enough cat and poo fags to jump all over it like a pile of school girls. 

He had 3 weeks of down time waiting for a motor. That's the only issue I have if something catastrophic like that happens. 

Edited by Reevester

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Meh, I still like skidoo who am I kidding. They make great sleds. But I'm on a poo trend for the time being...

I was a Polaris lover til I wasn’t.  I hate to see anyone lose valuable riding time, regardless of brand.  And I could be happy on any brand these days as long as I’m not walking...

31 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I can feel it in my back just looking at it!

X2....getting visuals of a piston and connecting rod jettisoning through the hood too!  :lol: 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Post up a pic of a crack with a hole in it and maybe you'll have a leg to stand on till then shut you're dirty cock washer, faggot. :bc:

i guess Z notty has not been around much lately since awful needs something else to fill his days with :lol: 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I was a Polaris lover til I wasn’t.  I hate to see anyone lose valuable riding time, regardless of brand.  And I could be happy on any brand these days as long as I’m not walking...

X2....getting visuals of a piston and connecting rod jettisoning through the hood too!  :lol: 

Yep, my poo love will end the day this thing takes a shit. :lol:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Reevester said:

And crow doesn't taste good. :lol:

buddy just seized his crank on an xcr 850 oil line popped off PTO side. FML. 

Oh shit. This little clamp issue is going to cost poo big time. 

16 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I feel for the guy!

Eating Crow.jpg

Edited by irv

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dang. Every 850 should be inspected to confirm the check valves arent plugged and the oil lines are tight. 

Polaris should contact every owner immedately and schedule an inspection.   

Yep, an ounce of prevention> pound of cure.

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dang. Every 850 should be inspected to confirm the check valves arent plugged and the oil lines are tight. 

Polaris should contact every owner immedately and schedule an inspection.   

Mine has 8hrs on it now so I have a feeling the valves are all fine but I'll be looking at bottom ones and mag side when I get home for the clamps and hoses pushed over the barb. 

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

That sucks.  Thank God for the 4 year and multiple backup sleds.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

32 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That sucks.  Thank God for the 4 year and multiple backup sleds.

Did Polaris not wash their hands of the Dragon fiasco once a certain amount of money had been spent on warranty repairs? The 4 yr doesn't mean anything if your sled has had warranty work and a certain amount of money has been spent on it already. The warrant has a dollar value, once that is spent, you are SOL, or at least that is what I remember reading what some owners were being told about their Dragons. 

5 minutes ago, irv said:

Did Polaris not wash their hands of the Dragon fiasco once a certain amount of money had been spent on warranty repairs? The 4 yr doesn't mean anything if your sled has had warranty work and a certain amount of money has been spent on it already. The warrant has a dollar value, once that is spent, you are SOL, or at least that is what I remember reading what some owners were being told about their Dragons. 

No that isn't it at all. It was a 4 years or 3k miles.  Then they retracted to 4 year no limit.  

5 minutes ago, irv said:

What can go besides the engine really.  I'm sure Poo will cover it.  Quite happy with the other two I own and one (2012) was rebuilt.  

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

No that isn't it at all. It was a 4 years or 3k miles.  Then they retracted to 4 year no limit.  

I'm not sure about that, Kev? I remember reading multiple stories about Polaris washing their hands with them. Everyone knew they were just looking for any excuse to deny and deny they did. I am not sure what is in these articles, but I think it touches on it? https://www.polarisfiles.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3188 https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/298-iq-chassis/466399-i-now-hate-polaris-good-job-guys.html

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What can go besides the engine really.  I'm sure Poo will cover it.  Quite happy with the other two I own and one (2012) was rebuilt.  

Read above. If this turns into another Dragon fiasco, then don't assume you are FULLY covered for 4 yrs.

3 minutes ago, irv said:

I'm not sure about that, Kev? I remember reading multiple stories about Polaris washing their hands with them. Everyone knew they were just looking for any excuse to deny and deny they did. I am not sure what is in these articles, but I think it touches on it? https://www.polarisfiles.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3188 https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/298-iq-chassis/466399-i-now-hate-polaris-good-job-guys.html

Read above. If this turns into another Dragon fiasco, then don't assume you are FULLY covered for 4 yrs.

Concern level is zero right now.  Get out and ride and have fun.

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Concern level is zero right now.  Get out and ride and have fun.

I imagine it is, I'm just telling you not to overthink things and think you are good to go for 4 years with unlimited mileage. :news: