Check your account email address ×

The Story of Snowrider

f7ben

Just now, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Im gonna do some poking around on computer wheni goto dealer on monday.

I was there when the BUDS was hooked up and it said 2008 GTX 1200 .....the guy who owns the BUDS was like WTF. He had no clue how or why aside from maybe an error keystroke when it had been into a dealer before.

I was 100% renegade. Clean tunnel and no provision for mounting any of the 2up seat options that were on the touring sleds 

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: I did enjoy working on it but Indiana is a nightmare to register a boat in requiring a title and the boat had never been titled having been manufactured and sold in Colorado. 

I had to do the same thing on a Hobie&trailer I bought in Fl and brought to IL.  FL didn't require a title or registration. Thankfully I bought it from a lawyer down there and he helped me get the right paper work to trade it in.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

The sled in question is the one in Analers avatar. In that picture it is putting Bussmans new cat 800 back on the trailer. Sure seems cobbled up to me :lol: 

I was all set to tell everybody I’ve known this story about StupidRider all along and was glad you finally shared it but now I’m on his side you shadetree broke ass fuck. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Woodtick said:

I had to do the same thing on a Hobie&trailer I bought in Fl and brought to IL.  FL didn't require a title or registration. Thankfully I bought it from a lawyer down there and he helped me get the right paper work to trade it in.

Yah....its a mess sometimes 

Just now, bussman said:

I was all set to tell everybody I’ve known this story about StupidRider all along and was glad you finally shared it but now I’m on his side you shadetree broke ass fuck. :lol: 

:lol: I was all fine just letting it die but the motherfucker has to bring it up from time to time and throw shit in my face like "prototype" or this check bouncing bullshit 

well fuck it....we might as well rehash it I guess 

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

I just pissed a little.:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He wasnt lying....I brought it up to my buddies place who has buds and it indeed showed 2008 GTX 1200 .....obviously there is no such thing as a GTX 1200 or any 1200 from 2008. Not sure how or what happened with that VIN. Maybe it was a prototype but I doubt it. I am more inclined to think that the VIN got screwed up in someones BUDS system at the dealer. 

The tunnel was a 137 and it had the factory rivets in the chaincase so it had never been changed 

I highly doubt "prototypes" ever get sold to the public these days.   

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I highly doubt "prototypes" ever get sold to the public these days.   

I doubted that too but that is what Snowriders dealer put in his head and he has been going with it since. It was 100% identical to every renegade I have ever seen and I have no doubt that is what it was 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah....its a mess sometimes 

He was a great seller. Let me use it under his paper work because of the problems of getting it reregistered In IL. Then sent paper work to the dealer I was trading it in at( a year later) releasing ownership with the FL bill of sale. :bc:

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I doubted that too but that is what Snowriders dealer put in his head and he has been going with it since. It was 100% identical to every renegade I have ever seen and I have no doubt that is what it was 

Unless they made a spring model that year which I don't recall.   Its not a prototype.   The different companies do vin's different and someone should be able to tell us how that correlates in BUDS.   I'm also suspicious that BUDS can change a vin.   If it can that's a shitty thing to have in the software.   I assume the vin in BUDS matched the tunnel? 

Edited by Highmark

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I live right across from one of the biggest recreational lakes in the state. That day it was weds afternoon at 4pm or so and the only launch parking lot was packed. The lake is always busy to the point you cant get in the lot and park. I knew right then I never wanted to have a boat in this state 

No Boating= call the moving van. 

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lol: Three dealers laughed st the pile of shit and ran the vin and wondered WTF it was. Simonar, Len Eberts, and Ecklunds.  

And everyone here laughs at your feeble attempts to be anything other than a lying pussy :lol:

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lol: Three dealers laughed st the pile of shit and ran the vin and wondered WTF it was. Simonar, Len Eberts, and Ecklunds.  

Nobody gives a fuck and everybody thinks you are a whiny little cunt.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Can you tell me what exactly made it a pile of shit in your words aside from the VIN issue and the blown fuse which you caused?

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Unless they made a spring model that year which I don't recall.   Its not a prototype.   The different companies do vin's different and someone should be able to tell us how that correlates in BUDS.   I'm also suspicious that BUDS can change a vin.   If it can that's a shitty thing to have in the software.  

Buds is just diagnostic...brp uses it for all their powersports.

Also I didnt sell this idiot a sled claiming that a dealer would love to have it on trade in. I sold it exactly as the ad states that i have posted. It was clean and as described and ran great

1 minute ago, bussman said:

So Donna Brazille’s book caused so much SnowBeavis butthurt it led to this thread? Damn she’s good. :lol: 

I wasnt gonna let that motherfucker back in the door without answering for his Brazile absence.....apparently he decided to lash out and get himself owned x10 :lol: 

1 minute ago, bussman said:

So Donna Brazille’s book caused so much SnowBeavis butthurt it led to this thread? Damn she’s good. :lol: 

This is spectacular for sure.  Slinger is gonna have to really step his game up when he comes back.  I mean, to have to follow this shit show?  Dayam!