Check your account email address ×

Shooting at Texas Church

Should be a public disclosure for all mass shootings that lists any and all medications they might have been on.    Fucking loser, rot in hell.  Can't believe Greg thinks "Kates Law" is a big fucking joke smh.  All well and good until its your daughter shot down by a 5 time deported loser.  Dude should already be dead if there was any real justice in this country.

15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Should be a public disclosure for all mass shootings that lists any and all medications they might have been on.    Fucking loser, rot in hell.  Can't believe Greg thinks "Kates Law" is a big fucking joke smh.  All well and good until its your daughter shot down by a 5 time deported loser.  Dude should already be dead if there was any real justice in this country.

Why not apply Kate’s law to everyone? Or is the pain of having a family member murdered more when the assailant is Mexican?  

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Why not apply Kate’s law to everyone? Or is the pain of having a family member murdered more when the assailant is Mexican?  

So start a petition.  The law was linked to illegal immigrants and mandatory minimum jail sentences if you continually break our laws.  Which would have protected Kate Steinle if Obama and the fucking liberal assholes in these sanctuary cities didn't have their heads so far up their asses, and actually cared about protecting the public.

• Platinum Contributing Member

How does a guy who got a dishonorable discharge, court marshaled and spent a year in confinement for assaulting his wife and kid legally buy a gun?   Appears lied on his form yet the govt never caught it?   What is the use of background checks?

Kelly was court-martialed in 2012 for two counts of Article 128 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, assault on his spouse and assault on their child, Stefanek said. Kelley received a bad conduct discharge, confinement for 12 months and a reduction in rank, she said. The Air Force did not provide a date of the discharge.

When Kelley filled out the background check paperwork at the store, he checked the box to indicate he didn't have disqualifying criminal history, the official said. He listed an address in Colorado Springs, Colorado when he bought the rifle, the official said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/devin-kelly-texas-church-shooting-suspect/index.html  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

How does a guy who got a dishonorable discharge, court marshaled and spent a year in confinement for assaulting his wife and kid legally buy a gun?   Appears lied on his form yet the govt never caught it?   What is the use of background checks?

Kelly was court-martialed in 2012 for two counts of Article 128 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, assault on his spouse and assault on their child, Stefanek said. Kelley received a bad conduct discharge, confinement for 12 months and a reduction in rank, she said. The Air Force did not provide a date of the discharge.

When Kelley filled out the background check paperwork at the store, he checked the box to indicate he didn't have disqualifying criminal history, the official said. He listed an address in Colorado Springs, Colorado when he bought the rifle, the official said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/devin-kelly-texas-church-shooting-suspect/index.html  

Yep.  Clearly this weapon was gotten by circumventing the laws.  

"......but if we had proper background checks..."

I'm glad I wasn't hatched.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  Clearly this weapon was gotten by circumventing the laws.  

"......but if we had proper background checks..."

I'm glad I wasn't hatched.

Lying on the form should be automatic loss of gun privileges.   Another question is did his DL match what he filled out on the form?   My FFL dealer is absolutely adamant that they must match EXACTLY.  I once got turned down at Cabela's for a shotgun because I put down my new address (recently moved) and had yet to get my DL updated to the new address.   Town was even the same but different street and they said no and would not let me start the form over.  

Whatever was in place and failed needs some serious looking into. This is unbelievable that a guy who was dishonorably discharged for domestic abuse didn’t pop any flags. If it turns out the dealer fudged some paperwork, they should be facing murder charges. I am at the point where I am ok with the whole system being overhauled. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Whatever was in place and failed needs some serious looking into. This is unbelievable that a guy who was dishonorably discharged for domestic abuse didn’t pop any flags. If it turns out the dealer fudged some paperwork, they should be facing murder charges. I am at the point where I am ok with the whole system being overhauled. 

I think most are.  Problem is, what kind of "overhauling" could have prevented this?  Or any of them?  I honestly don't know where the overhaul could start because of that fact.  The only thing I can see any of it doing is punishing those who own and purchase legally.  And while the left feel 2nd Amendment repeal and gun owner "lists" and/or turn in and confiscation is the answer, like most of their "answers', it's completely absurd and will NEVER happen.  

22 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The reality is a person this deranged isn't going to not kill because he gets turned down at the local gun shop.   I do agree we still need to see what failed inside the current system we have and if someone intentionally overlooked his background needs to be charged severely.  

Edited by Highmark