Check your account email address ×

Shooting at Texas Church

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think most are.  Problem is, what kind of "overhauling" could have prevented this?  Or any of them?  I honestly don't know where the overhaul could start because of that fact.  The only thing I can see any of it doing is punishing those who own and purchase legally.  And while the left feel 2nd Amendment repeal and gun owner "lists" and/or turn in and confiscation is the answer, like most of their "answers', it's completely absurd and will NEVER happen.  

If not a gun then a truck.   If not a truck then a bomb.   We have to look at the cause not the method.  

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Are you saying it's time for "sensible truck laws"?  

:lol:

And pressure cookers and fertilizer and fuel oil and......

One has to wonder if the glorification of violence in our society isn't really coming home to roost.   

Honestly the see something say something isn't going to work when it comes to mental health.   There probably isn't one person in the country that doesn't know someone who if they went on a rampage wouldn't say "that doesn't shock me from him/her."  I know 2 people that it wouldn't shock me.  What possibly could be done legally to people who don't openly discuss a rampage like this?    Nothing.  

Edited by Highmark

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And pressure cookers and fertilizer and fuel oil and......

One has to wonder if the glorification of violence in our society isn't really coming home to roost.   

Honestly the see something say something isn't going to work when it comes to mental health.   There probably isn't one person in the country that doesn't know someone who if they went on a rampage wouldn't say "that doesn't shock me from him/her."  I know 2 people that it wouldn't shock me.  What possibly could be done legally to people who don't openly discuss a rampage like this?    Nothing.  

Only person Id question is ben and moto, if a guy at your work was saying the shit they spew here would you say something?

4 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Only person Id question is ben and moto, if a guy at your work was saying the shit they spew here would you say something?

Moto doesn't say half the shit Ben does.   He actually has come down off the "kill em all in the revolution" that he use to.  Honestly Ben is all talk but no question I don't think anyone here would disagree that he seems most unhinged.  :lol:  

What is saying something going to do any good?   Should that justify a warrant to look into that person and we are kidding ourselves if we think LE has the resources to do so.   Its a slippery slope because people who simply don't like someone could make shit up.  Reality is threats have to have been made for action to occur and probably can't be done on someones words alone.   There has to be hard evidence.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, MiSledder said:

So, every shit talking couch-tool spewing hate needs to be reported?  See.  I just don't even see that as a proper ID indicator.  

Honestly, I just don't see what can be done.  Highmark's comments are worthy of thought.  Glorification of violence has got every nut-job with a grand in his pocket dreaming of glory via Black Ops and other media.  This tool is just another disenfranchised internet shut-in that finally had to show people that hs is "somebody".  

How do we protect against this?  No idea.

17 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

You better call the cops

I wonder how that call might sound.  

Faggot Pussy:  "Hey, Mr. Officer....there is a random person on the internet claiming to be an Antifa operative and declaring his hatred for all things in capatalist America and thretening to organize and overthrow the govenment and kill all cops........can you do something?"

Officer: "What is Antifa?  [laffs]"

:lol:

oewwww.gif

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So, every shit talking couch-tool spewing hate needs to be reported?  See.  I just don't even see that as a proper ID indicator.  

Honestly, I just don't see what can be done.  Highmark's comments are worthy of thought.  Glorification of violence has got every nut-job with a grand in his pocket dreaming of glory via Black Ops and other media.  This tool is just another disenfranchised internet shut-in that finally had to show people that hs is "somebody".  

How do we protect against this?  No idea.

Oh I absolutely blame a great deal of whats happening today on video games and movies

4 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Oh I absolutely blame a great deal of whats happening today on video games and movies

There are better ones than this....I just lost interest.

Remember, this clown was an Air force supply guy that couldn't "hack it".  I mean.....AIR FORCE SUPPLY!!  Handing out 1000 count sheets and pastries!!!  

Facebook page has his AR and "bad bitch" comment.  :lol:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Should be a public disclosure for all mass shootings that lists any and all medications they might have been on.    Fucking loser, rot in hell.  Can't believe Greg thinks "Kates Law" is a big fucking joke smh.  All well and good until its your daughter shot down by a 5 time deported loser.  Dude should already be dead if there was any real justice in this country.

What a moron.  Wants a medication registry but not a gun registry.  

You know that cars, drugs and fertilizers are all controlled. Talk about gun control and you dummies think hopes and prayers will solve this.

20 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Now 27 dead?

This shit will come back to hammer on the 2nd amendment.

Neal

Nothing will change.

20 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Monthly mass shootings. First world problems are becoming a bitch. 

The odds are much greater that one of us will be killed by a fellow American than we will be by a Muslim terrorist.

WE ARE #1

It's a largely American phenomenon

From 1966 to 2012, nearly a third of the world's mass shootings took place in the United States. A 2016 study looked at 292 incidents in which four or more people were killed. It found 90 of them occurred in America. Put another way: While the United States has about 5% of the world's population, it had 31% of all public mass shootings.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/13/health/mass-shootings-in-america-in-charts-and-graphs-trnd/index.html

16 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

I wonder how many People would have died if the “ poor immigrants “had not been brought into the states and given more advantages than their home country?

If you start with your ancestors that would probably improve the US..

52 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

That seems like a cop out. Parenting, upbringing, personal resilience. Blaming video games is like blaming guns. You don’t shoot some hookers on grand theft auto and somehow say, “Yeah, let’s kill people in a church.” If anything media coverage and sensationalism gives an outlet to exercise crazy behavior. Less than a day after we know this clown’s whole history. Stop showing their picture and saying their name. Take the fame kill aspect out.

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

That seems like a cop out. Parenting, upbringing, personal resilience. Blaming video games is like blaming guns. You don’t shoot some hookers on grand theft auto and somehow say, “Yeah, let’s kill people in a church.” If anything media coverage and sensationalism gives an outlet to exercise crazy behavior. Less than a day after we know this clown’s whole history. Stop showing their picture and saying their name. Take the fame kill aspect out.

I dont think its that simple, video games  glorify killing more than ever, music is worse than ever, movies, pressure rom society, drugs, etc. i think its a combination of things that are causing these kids to snap, to dismiss the endless glorification of killing tho is burrying your head in the sand dontcha think?

Thats my theory, whats one thing these kids have had in comon?

16 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Shitting parenting has been going on since beginning of time, I think we can rule that out, but letting the video game console baby sit is fairly new

Edited by MiSledder

13 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Oh, I don’t know.  Seems like some reasonable validity in the violence exposure and glorifying it via media and games.  How much, we’ll, it depends on the thread in ones head...and how loose it is to begin with.

2 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

I dont think its that simple, video games  glorify killing more than ever, music is worse than ever, movies, pressure rom society, drugs, etc. i think its a combination of things that are causing these kids to snap, to dismiss the endless glorification of killing tho is burrying your head in the sand dontcha think?

Thats my theory, whats one thing these kids have had in comon?

I’d bet he has a good amount of trophies and awards from showing up as a child.  Real life is hard(er).

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, I don’t know.  Seems like some reasonable validity in the violence exposure and glorifying it via media and games.  How much, we’ll, it depends on the thread in ones head...and how loose it is to begin with.

I’d bet he has a good amount of trophies and awards from showing up as a child.  Real life is hard(er).

Im betting he has played alot of war type video games, we'll know soon enougb

1 hour ago, MiSledder said:

Lmao. That's like blaming the game Cowboys and Indians. 

26 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Shitting parenting has been going on since beginning of time, I think we can rule that out, but letting the video game console baby sit is fairly new

But we didn't have a shit load of single parent households in the past like we do now, just one example. Pointing to video games because they didn't exist before is a stretch to say the least.   The fact is that there are alot of people who are socially isolated and have no purpose in life. 

38 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Im betting he has played alot of war type video games, we'll know soon enougb

Um, no. The first video game console I had was in 2012 so we could all sit around during the duty day and play NHL 13 against each other. I was kinda a big deal with my blue line special wristers into the top shelf. 

To your same point about video games being new, is the same specious argument that can be made in that assault rifles are a new thing as well. Do I blame them, no. The rise of mass shootings and assault rifles appear correlated pretty closely. I think you are making a hasty generalization. Culturally we are different as a country than say 50 years ago. Video games seems too simple to me. Just my opinion of course. 

How many times do people get on here and rail about kids being pussies and not being raised right, yet now you are saying that’s not the case? 

Edited by xtralettucetomatoe580