Check your account email address ×

Shooting at Texas Church

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

. Talk about gun control and you dummies think hopes and prayers will solve this.

Obama asked for Gods help in solving this yesterday.  What a dumb fuck...............amirite? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Um, no. The first video game console I had was in 2012 so we could all sit around during the duty day and play NHL 13 against each other. I was kinda a big deal with my blue line special wristers into the top shelf. 

To your same point about video games being new, is the same specious argument that can be made in that assault rifles are a new thing as well. Do I blame them, no. The rise of mass shootings and assault rifles appear correlated pretty closely. I think you are making a hasty generalization. Culturally we are different as a country than say 50 years ago. Video games seems too simple to me. Just my opinion of course. 

How many times do people get on here and rail about kids being pussies and not being raised right, yet now you are saying that’s not the case? 

I was talking about the shooter, not you

Do you guys not read all that I posted? It seems like youre skimming for key words or not reading my entire post

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

That seems like a cop out. Parenting, upbringing, personal resilience. Blaming video games is like blaming guns. You don’t shoot some hookers on grand theft auto and somehow say, “Yeah, let’s kill people in a church.” If anything media coverage and sensationalism gives an outlet to exercise crazy behavior. Less than a day after we know this clown’s whole history. Stop showing their picture and saying their name. Take the fame kill aspect out.

This.  

I would argue the desensitization of the value of life that seems to come out of Hollywood and video games combined with shitty parenting might have some impact.   

19 minutes ago, SSFB said:

But we didn't have a shit load of single parent households in the past like we do now, just one example. Pointing to video games because they didn't exist before is a stretch to say the least.   The fact is that there are alot of people who are socially isolated and have no purpose in life. 

And alot of thise single parebt use a video game console for a baby sitter, really you guys are so quick to dismiss it

If video games, movies, music, society have played no part of todays violence then what is it?  Fancy guns inspire shootings? Why didnt we have this 30 yrs ago?

What do these young kids/men all have in common?

The killer supposedly had sent his MIL threatening texts and she attended a church in that community.   Not sure if she is one of the deceased or wounded.   Sounds domestic in nature.   Unreal that someone would take a domestic situation this far.  

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

And alot of thise single parebt use a video game console for a baby sitter, really you guys are so quick to dismiss it

If video games, movies, music, society have played no part of todays violence then what is it?  Fancy guns inspire shootings? Why didnt we have this 30 yrs ago?

Fucking head issues?

22 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

So if a parent is using a video game to babysit their child then the root problem isn't the video game. Suggesting video games turn people into killers is like the old notion that "Rock and Roll" would turn those kids from the 50s into heathens and degenerates. Are you aware that a guy murdered like a dozen people from the Bell Tower at the University of Texas back in the 60s? Just one example.

Millions of kids play video games, you're taking something that is VERY common and suggesting it's a cause of an issue because they all did it. This is like back in the 50s when they thought Ice Cream caused Polio because sales of ice cream matched levels of polio diagnosis. There's all sort of stuff out there that "matches" or appears to have a correlation but it doesn't mean it's the cause.

5 minutes ago, SSFB said:

So if a parent is using a video game to babysit their child then the root problem isn't the video game. Suggesting video games turn people into killers is like the old notion that "Rock and Roll" would turn those kids from the 50s into heathens and degenerates. Are you aware that a guy murdered like a dozen people from the Bell Tower at the University of Texas back in the 60s? Just one example.

Millions of kids play video games, you're taking something that is VERY common and suggesting it's a cause of an issue because they all did it. This is like back in the 50s when they thought Ice Cream caused Polio because sales of ice cream matched levels of polio diagnosis. There's all sort of stuff out there that "matches" or appears to have a correlation but it doesn't necessarily the causation. 

Wtf are you babbling about? Good god youre a nightmare to talk with, go find a gotcha moment somewhere else, 

"Am I aware" :lol:  

Im saying  its my opinion that violent video games movies and culture plays a factor in these shootings, amounst other things

4 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Wtf are you babbling about? Good god youre a nightmare to talk with, go find a gotcha moment somewhere else, 

Im saying  its my opinion that violent video games movies and culture plays a factor in these shootings, amounst other things

LOL, why, because I can give logical reasons for my opinions and you can't? :lol:

• Like 1

Overall the per capita murder rate in the US is as low as its been since the 1960's.   Gang violence or should I say drug violence is a much larger concern to the country than mass shootings or terrorism.  

There’s been studies on violent video games and violent behavior. The findings are consistent. There’s either no linkage or an insignificant linkage between the two. I’d say it’s a combination of factors. The break up of the family, a rise in narcissism,   young men feeling increasingly more isolated emotionally, accentuation of material possessions over human relationships, and very easy access to cheap firearms. There’s always the mental illness path. Paranoid schizophrenia can be deadly.  

If one can step back from the “evil explanation” and consider this....the amount of internal pain that has to be manifested in someone that would do this kind of thing to other human beings has to be outrageous. I’m not justifying what they did....only wondering out loud. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MiSledder said:

I was talking about the shooter, not you

Do you guys not read all that I posted? It seems like youre skimming for key words or not reading my entire post

My bad man. Misread. 

1 hour ago, MiSledder said:

He disagrees and laid out his case. Not everyone is trying to “get ya”. It’s a discourse... He didn’t sit and call you names, settle down haha. 

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

What a moron.  Wants a medication registry but not a gun registry.  

You know that cars, drugs and fertilizers are all controlled. Talk about gun control and you dummies think hopes and prayers will solve this.

That Canadian gun registration works so well :lol:

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

He disagrees and laid out his case. Not everyone is trying to “get ya”. It’s a discourse... He didn’t sit and call you names, settle down haha. 

Just ignore LillyMomo's deflection attempts. :lol:

14 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Sounds like most of Team Michigan is that way. :snack:

And The Dakotas contingent think they are smarter than everyone else and wise beyond their years.