Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

dude .....let me help you. I am sold on these ....I have been using mine steady for a year and a half and its just a great cooker for cheap money

https://www.amazon.com/Char-Griller-16620-Kamado-Charcoal-Barbecue/dp/B00GJEPTJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488047540&sr=8-1&keywords=akorn

And then you go to buy one in Canada.....

https://www.amazon.ca/Char-Griller-16620-Kamado-Charcoal-Barbecue/dp/B00GJEPTJS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1488047941&sr=8-2&keywords=Kamado+Charcoal

Not interested in the charcoal units. I need a set and forget unit. Its the bisket  feeder that screwed up. The infrared sensor is not reading the motor arm function. I cleaned it but no change. I'll have to call Bradley on Monday.

Just now, Blackstar said:

And then you go to buy one in Canada.....

https://www.amazon.ca/Char-Griller-16620-Kamado-Charcoal-Barbecue/dp/B00GJEPTJS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1488047941&sr=8-2&keywords=Kamado+Charcoal

Not interested in the charcoal units. I need a set and forget unit. Its the bisket  feeder that screwed up. The infrared sensor is not reading the motor arm function. I cleaned it but no change. I'll have to call Bradley on Monday.

Holy smokes on the price difference :yikes:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

Holy smokes on the price difference :yikes:

Not sure how pricing is on Amazon.com but Amazon.ca is kinda fucked here. You have to compare their prices against retail stores because sometimes they are way more money.

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Not sure how pricing is on Amazon.com but Amazon.ca is kinda fucked here. You have to compare their prices against retail stores because sometimes they are way more money.

damn dude ...that is insane. I found mine at the big box store as a display model for 220$ last year

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

how was it prepared you fucking asshole !!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

Going on the grill with hickory for 1 hour at 325 and flipping halfway through. Served with side of potatoes, should be good bipolarhooknosefaggot!!!!!!!!!!1#;7411!!!!1!!!!!!!!!1!

• Like 1

Just now, dz246 said:

Going on the grill with hickory for 1 hour at 325 and flipping halfway through. Served with side of potatoes, should be good bipolarhooknosefaggot!!!!!!!!!!1#;7411!!!!1!!!!!!!!!1!

did you rub it? inject it ? marinade it? soak it in brine? 

or are you just going straight up ?

Just now, f7ben said:

did you rub it? inject it ? marinade it? soak it in brine? 

or are you just going straight up ?

I bought a pre marinated one..... AhahahAhahahahaha!!!!!!!111!!!!1

:fuckyou:

:lol::bc:

Just now, ckf said:

I just put the brined chicken breast on Royal Oak Lump charcoal with a couple of chunks of apple wood. Is that going to be enough info @f7ben  :lol:

I'm telling you.....if you tried that wet cure recipe I posted and let it soak for 5 days and then smoked.......you'd never do it another way again

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I'm telling you.....if you tried that wet cure recipe I posted and let it soak for 5 days and then smoked.......you'd never do it another way again

I had to use what I had to work with for now. I was looking at it on Amazon when you mentioned it earlier, I'll order some and give it a try :bc: 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

:lol: so you cheated

Yes!!! :lol:

I was going to buy some ribs, but didn't like the ones in the case. I wasn't happy with the last Tyson ones I cooked. Hope they get the Smithfield brand ones back.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I had to use what I had to work with for now. I was looking at it on Amazon when you mentioned it earlier, I'll order some and give it a try :bc: 

Its a damn good start to what I'm after ....I think I will end up adding a few things like maybe some honey and apple juice but as far as the base its solid and 5 days is the key

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dz246 said:

Yes!!! :lol:

I was going to buy some ribs, but didn't like the ones in the case. I wasn't happy with the last Tyson ones I cooked. Hope they get the Smithfield brand ones back.

I've had good luck with the Smithfield ribs :bc: