Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

I've never done a turkey in the smoker before.  So this will be a learning experience for me. Hopefully I don't fuck it up. I've also got one for the deep fryer. Plus a Dearborn ham and a pork loin in case I do fuck the one up in the smoker:lol:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I've never done a turkey in the smoker before.  So this will be a learning experience for me. Hopefully I don't fuck it up. I've got any one for the deep fryer. Plus a Dearborn ham and a pork loin in case I do :lol:

I tried that shit a few years ago.  I fucked it up bad.  It was so fucking dry that gravy couldn't fix it.  Dog food.  Use a pan of water and keep it full.

4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I've never done a turkey in the smoker before.  So this will be a learning experience for me. Hopefully I don't fuck it up. I've also got one for the deep fryer. Plus a Dearborn ham and a pork loin in case I do fuck the one up in the smoker:lol:

how many lbs is your bird?

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

make sure you are smoking at 275-300

17 minutes ago, Doos said:

Pull it when breast hits 155 or so. Let it rest 30 min then enjoy.

What I read said 275* for 8-12 hrs or until inner thigh temp is 180*

5 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

What I read said 275* for 8-12 hrs or until inner thigh temp is 180*

Thighs are more forgiving, since the white meat is more prone to drying out I'd pay closer attention to breast temp. 

Just lost the turkey , was struggling for temp all morning and hanging around 260 .....wanted to be more around 275. I went out and bumped the vents open a bit more. 15 minutes later I went to check it and the smoker was over 600 degrees and when I opened it the fire ball that shot out was impressive :lol: charred that motherfucker

We salvaged 90% of it and its fucking delicious but my god I was pissed 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Just lost the turkey , was struggling for temp all morning and hanging around 260 .....wanted to be more around 275. I went out and bumped the vents open a bit more. 15 minutes later I went to check it and the smoker was over 600 degrees and when I opened it the fire ball that shot out was impressive :lol: charred that motherfucker

:wtf: too bad you didn't have that on video, I bet the air was blue with the shits a fucks coming from your mouth :lol: but I do feel your pain 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol::lmao: