Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member

Sitting at Toronto airport. We will be out of here before the worst of it comes later this evening.

+11 when we left the house at 730am.

Hope the hydro stays on. We left my son to take care of the place.

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Sitting at Toronto airport. We will be out of here before the worst of it comes later this evening.

+11 when we left the house at 730am.

Hope the hydro stays on. We left my son to take care of the place.

A freezing rain warning just issued for here now. >:( https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on11#143336769772267043202001110503ww1171cwto

Have a great trip, Blackstar. :bc:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, irv said:

A freezing rain warning just issued for here now. >:( https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on11#143336769772267043202001110503ww1171cwto

Have a great trip, Blackstar. :bc:

Calling for 1/2 inch of freezing rain over night in Kitchener.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Calling for 1/2 inch of freezing rain over night in Kitchener.

Hopefully everything changes, yet again, and it misses us. Not looking forward to being without power for any length of time. The genny is full of gas and I have almost 5 gals of backup gas just in case but I'd rather not get into all that. 

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

was almost 65 today,  shorts tee shirt and flip flops.  this would be great the rest of winter but it's turned windy so i am sure it is now cold

Its not. still 52. Supposed to be just as warm tomorrow. That being said tommorows rain and ice is supposed to be snow in Aroostick

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

was almost 65 today,  shorts tee shirt and flip flops.  this would be great the rest of winter but it's turned windy so i am sure it is now cold

actually just looked , 61 now

9 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

starting to think this year is gonna be a lost year for most of riding areas in Maine huh ? was 54 in Houlton and tons of mud with water overflowing. 

Tough to say. It is only mid January

10 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

starting to think this year is gonna be a lost year for most of riding areas in Maine huh ? was 54 in Houlton and tons of mud with water overflowing. 

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/6566bb9fb5f502b13171a293a8baf1a5eed84cc5f1d783292c699e6382fc75ae

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smokin george said:

Morning! We got another 2-3" last night and they say more Fri/Sat. 

We got a dusting. Seen some pics on FB from the Haliburton SC and they showed lots of standing water/puddles/mud when they were out grooming. We need cold before any snow or a ton of snow to pack it down/soak it up but I don't think neither are suppose to happen anytime soon? 

I decided to install my son's new brakes on his XLT yesterday. I purchased them before Christmas along with my new battery for my Vector but the incentive to get things done, sled wise, just wasn't there. 

56 minutes ago, irv said:

We got a dusting. Seen some pics on FB from the Haliburton SC and they showed lots of standing water/puddles/mud when they were out grooming. We need cold before any snow or a ton of snow to pack it down/soak it up but I don't think neither are suppose to happen anytime soon? 

I decided to install my son's new brakes on his XLT yesterday. I purchased them before Christmas along with my new battery for my Vector but the incentive to get things done, sled wise, just wasn't there. 

We usually wait till the TMSC opens up their trails before we head out from here. I just did a little run on the trail behind us to check it out and it has set up pretty good. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smokin george said:

We usually wait till the TMSC opens up their trails before we head out from here. I just did a little run on the trail behind us to check it out and it has set up pretty good. 

Lots slowly opening up east of my camp now. Pumped to get up there tomorrow. :bc: