Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Gold Member
On 12/11/2023 at 9:03 AM, ckf said:

Another Monday, another 6 to 8 inches of heavy wet snow.

Nice. Hope it stays cold. I might head up to my buddys rental opening week to drop sleds etc. Be nice to go for a rip. 

Edited by EvilBird

10 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Nice. Hope it stays cold. I might head up to my buddys rental opening week to drop sleds etc. Be nice to go for a rip. 

A1DDC925-FE74-4189-A245-893526ABC10A.jpeg

Are you riding out of Island Pond this winter?

There is a lot more snow once you get to a bit of elevation. Nicole's parents have been getting twice as much snow as IP up near Newark Pond. I think that they are about 600 or 700 feet higher than us.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, ckf said:

Are you riding out of Island Pond this winter?

There is a lot more snow once you get to a bit of elevation. Nicole's parents have been getting twice as much snow as IP up near Newark Pond. I think that they are about 600 or 700 feet higher than us.

Ya half the time probably. My Dad will be up there renting along with some buddies . 

I usually bring my Sled home so I can ride Woodford midweek . 

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Funny story....
I brought my brand spanking new trailer with me to get my truck fixed today because after that I went to pick up the new snowmachine I bought. We'll I had to take the trailer off the truck and leave it in the parking lot while the truck got repaired. Wouldn't ya know it the wind kicks up and blows my brand fucking new trailer into a car! Insurance? Well the trailer and car were not connected so we decline coverage.

Fuckin cunts!  :lol:

• Sad 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Funny story....
I brought my brand spanking new trailer with me to get my truck fixed today because after that I went to pick up the new snowmachine I bought. We'll I had to take the trailer off the truck and leave it in the parking lot while the truck got repaired. Wouldn't ya know it the wind kicks up and blows my brand fucking new trailer into a car! Insurance? Well the trailer and car were not connected so we decline coverage.

Oh WTF! I hate insurance companies! I swear they have a telephone book of excuses to not pay.. Sorry Brad..

Hey if you need someone to toss a leg over that spare sled, hit me up!! I'm currently sled less..Haha

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Funny story....

Fuck Bro that sucks man sorry :sad:

We had high winds the other day and I ran out like 3 am freaking cus i didnt think i blocked the trailer. thise fuckers are like sails 

10 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Fuck Bro that sucks man sorry :sad:

We had high winds the other day and I ran out like 3 am freaking cus i didnt think i blocked the trailer. thise fuckers are like sails 

Oh yeah they are.  Had a clamshell top blow off some years back, friggin thing traveled about 300 feet, across the street into a field and destroyed it.  I didn't have the rubber straps attached, and it just sheared the front mounting bolts and off she went.  :lol: 

• Sad 1

Black Hills trails would usually be opening this weekend but there’s no snow anyways so I’m not missing anything.

Its 80 and sunny here in Scottsdale though!

No barefeet pics like Karen! :lol:

2NQquca.jpg

A few pics from the flight.

Nebraska Sand Hills

rt0f2NG.jpg

Rockies west of Denver. I wanted to rip up that powder. :lol:

ZE9xw8I.jpg

Teddy Roosevelt Lake just NE of Phoenix

0Lr8krV.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, SSFB said:

Black Hills trails would usually be opening this weekend but there’s no snow anyways so I’m not missing anything.

Its 80 and sunny here in Scottsdale though!

No barefeet pics like Karen! :lol:

2NQquca.jpg

A few pics from the flight.

Nebraska Sand Hills

rt0f2NG.jpg

Rockies west of Denver. I wanted to rip up that powder. :lol:

ZE9xw8I.jpg

Teddy Roosevelt Lake just NE of Phoenix

0Lr8krV.jpg

Enjoy :bc:

• Thanks 1

Just now, ckf said:

Not good. It's been raining pretty steady up here with temps in the low 50s. The snowpack that we have was from heavy wet snow too.

The way it has been raining all morning I would be surprised if it is the only one. 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

The way it has been raining all morning I would be surprised if it is the only one. 

We were forecast to get 2 to 3 inches of rain between last night and today. There must be at least that much water equivalent in the snowpack that we had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

We were forecast to get 2 to 3 inches of rain between last night and today. There must be at least that much water equivalent in the snowpack that we had.

Did you lose all your snow?

The wife scored 2 pallets of luxury vinyl flooring (3100 sq ft) at an online auction and after all said and done works out to $1.68/sq ft CDN. Our builder was there picking up some stuff he bid on and told her about it. Anytime money is saved is a good thing

• Like 3

5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

We went to Colebrook this afternoon to run some errands. The Connecticut was running fast but staying within the banks. A few of the smaller rivers were spilling over a bit, but nothing serious that I could see.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ckf said:

We went to Colebrook this afternoon to run some errands. The Connecticut was running fast but staying within the banks. A few of the smaller rivers were spilling over a bit, but nothing serious that I could see.

check out u local on FB. All kinds of vids from all over mid-up state.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ckf said:

Right now there is no access in or out of Rangeley, ME. Rt 16 in Stratton has washed out, Rt 4 is closed due to high water and RT 17 to Rumford is the same way.

Oh and the nice snow base they had is almost gone and there must be huge trail repairs needed.

It was looking so good.

• Sad 2