Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

Morning! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and at the moment it's a little frosty. It's supposed to get up to 57 deg today and better than the cold,windy and snowy day we had yesterday. 

It's gorgeous out here finally:bc:. Around 12 degrees already with no wind and nothing but sun!  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I put our dock in yesterday also. Took a pic of 1 of our black squirrels.

Sounding like it is going to be a while before I get ours in? Latest is May 12 and possibly the 31st?? Being retired, this spring I was really hoping to get an early jump on things before the official park opening normally on in and around May 15th. 

WP_20190621_20_47_33_Pro.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Docks are in......I have some work to do on the pontoon so it won't be going until next week. I'll put the fishing boat in next weekend and go chase some panfish.

15570101_2020042612154501.jpg

19 hours ago, snoughnut said:

I put our dock in yesterday also. Took a pic of 1 of our black squirrels.

4FF63357-54A2-4491-AFFB-C81826552357.thumb.jpeg.b3e5013332246e64efcb50677948d9ef.jpeg2D5CD375-D573-47A1-8C19-F8D375931334.thumb.jpeg.a5b028f8502e3c12067d79f8f0b53edd.jpeg

Looking good guys. Your places are beautiful.  Our lake is just opening up around the edges. We had an incredibly cold January so it will be a little late opening up this year. Hoping for May 6-8th. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning! It's overcast and going up to 50 deg today. It looks like another day of yardwork before the rain comes. 

We're supposed to see sun this afternoon and tomorrow morning before the clouds and rain more back in.

49 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning! It's overcast and going up to 50 deg today. It looks like another day of yard work before the rain comes. 

Just started spitting out here. Depending on what news/weather you watch, it could be 4 days of rain or 3? Finished up my paddle yesterday, did a bit of yard work, went for a bike ride and visited our trailer park neighbors for a bit. I guess today, and for the next 3-4, will all be spent inside mostly? >:(

1 hour ago, irv said:

Just started spitting out here. Depending on what news/weather you watch, it could be 4 days of rain or 3? Finished up my paddle yesterday, did a bit of yard work, went for a bike ride and visited our trailer park neighbors for a bit. I guess today, and for the next 3-4, will all be spent inside mostly? >:(

It says rain here 3-4 days as well. A buddy gave me 5 paddles yesterday. Two of them are pretty old so were doing one of those for his cabin. Once this crap is over and the yard sales start I'm gonna be busy looking for more lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, smokin george said:

It says rain here 3-4 days as well. A buddy gave me 5 paddles yesterday. Two of them are pretty old so were doing one of those for his cabin. Once this crap is over and the yard sales start I'm gonna be busy looking for more lol

Mine turned out decent. The varnish/urethane was already over half missing and the rest was peeling. I sanded everything up good with a belt sander then applied an ipswhich pine stain (sp?) then 2 coats of clear urethane. A couple small runs in a couple of places but you need to look at it hard to see them. Good enough for my for a paddle that spends its life in the side locker. Thanks for the info, George. :bc:

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Mine turned out decent. The varnish/urethane was already over half missing and the rest was peeling. I sanded everything up good with a belt sander then applied an ipswhich pine stain (sp?) then 2 coats of clear urethane. A couple small runs in a couple of places but you need to look at it hard to see them. Good enough for my for a paddle that spends its life in the side locker. Thanks for the info, George. :bc:

Awesome

It's mild out and been raining since the middle of the night. I've been hiding in the garage lol and goofing around with some cutting/sanding. I made a homemade pizza peel for a friend so she can slice pizza on it and use it as a serving plate then spent some time sanding some paddles.

20200430_130852.jpg

20200430_131218.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Only 3 bike rides this year and I'm at almost 80 miles of seat time.

How many miles do you normally ride in a week?

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

Morning! Sun/cloud mix today and going up to around 62 deg today. 

That's our weather forecast for tomorrow. :bc: