Check your account email address ×

Bhent Airways , first flight

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

12 hours until I fly a plane for the first time.....I actually decided not to drink at all tonight :lol: 

Cool .   My FIL was a commercial airline pilot for 30 years .  I've thought about it on and off over the years as I've always been a bit interested in it .  But my luck with mechanical things combined with mother earths gravitational pull always made me think otherwise in the end lol .   Have fun tomorrow , Sonny .   :bc:

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

Cool .   My FIL was a commercial airline pilot for 30 years .  I've thought about it on and off over the years as I've always been a bit interested in it .  But my luck with mechanical things combined with mother earths gravitational pull always made me think otherwise in the end lol .   Have fun tomorrow , Sonny .   :bc:

Thanks Ronski .....I need a new challenge in life. Indiana is sucking my will to live right out of me 

Also I should add Ron ......all you have to do is call up the local airport....talk to a CFI and schedule a time to go fly. Its a cheap date and you could cross it off your bucket list. Who knows , maybe it will grab you right by the balls and you'll love it

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Also I should add Ron ......all you have to do is call up the local airport....talk to a CFI and schedule a time to go fly. Its a cheap date and you could cross it off your bucket list. Who knows , maybe it will grab you right by the balls and you'll love it

I'm 99% sure that it would , that's probly a big part of the reason why I kind of stay away from it .   I know how I am and 2 weeks in I'd be trying to negotiate a deal on a slightly used L1011 and asking my brother if I can keep it in his yard .  :bc:

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I'm 99% sure that it would , that's probly a big part of the reason why I kind of stay away from it .   I know how I am and 2 weeks in I'd be trying to negotiate a deal on a slightly used L1011 and asking my brother if I can keep it in his yard .  :bc:

you and me both .....maybe we can change though :lol: 

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My buddy always says, "at least 12 hours from bottle to throttle".

Yah....its actually .04 for pilots and 8 hours time according to faa for cpl

I cant imagine trying to booz cruise in a plane lolz.....nowhere to piss

Edited by f7ben

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

How much are they charging you Bhen? 

I'm thinking about giving it a try. I've always loved flying. I got to take the controls of a plane a few weeks ago and it was awesome. :bc:

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

12 hours until I fly a plane for the first time.....I actually decided not to drink at all tonight :lol: 

Hey, leave the 5 thou ya' owe me with Kate, before ya' go!!!   :frech:   

6 hours ago, SSFB said:

How much are they charging you Bhen? 

I'm thinking about giving it a try. I've always loved flying. I got to take the controls of a plane a few weeks ago and it was awesome. :bc:

Its 125$ per hour wet for the c172 and 50 per hour for the instructor. Could do a c150 for 100 per hour 

5 hours ago, polaris550 said:

Hey, leave the 5 thou ya' owe me with Kate, before ya' go!!!   :frech:   

I'll leave her my mag light and she can beat my money out of you with it!!!

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, f7ben said:

Soooo......background checks to fly (pilot) are weaker than buying a gun?  :taunt:

Edited by Highmark