Check your account email address ×

Bhent Airways , first flight

32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I wouldnt expect you to wreck anything riding girl sleds and with a car that has never left the cold storage :lol: look at my super fast 440 !!!!111111111

:z:

12 minutes ago, Edmo said:

What's the insurance cost for a small plane? 

Id hate to have to pay what he's paying for insurance for all those "mishaps" he's had :lol::lmao:

19 minutes ago, Edmo said:

What's the insurance cost for a small plane? 

I would imagine I'll pay upwards of $3000 for my first year assuming a hull value of 100k or less if I end up with a hi perf retract and that should come down by 50% after I get some time in type and my instrument rating 

Edited by f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I love the panel in this mooney 20E ....this plane checks every box for me aside from the cramped back seat. 

That was cool...where do Mooneys fall in the price range? 

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

That was cool...where do Mooneys fall in the price range? 

Pre-j model would be 50k plus or minus for a nice example with a mid time engine. I saw a C model sell that looked in decent shape on ebay for 27k last week. 

A 201J which is a bit  more room with some cleaned up lines will be 70k up to 120k or so.

Then you have the m20k , bravo and ovation etc and a few other niche plains like rocket 300 etc. Those can go from 150k on up to several hundred thousand

A mooney is a great traveling machine by all accounts .....a little stiff on controls and will float down the runway if you dont nail your speeds but there isnt a more efficient flyer out there.

Even the early Pre-J model planes will cruise at 170mph on 8gph .....that is damn impressive. I may well end up with one

http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_1294954_65+Mooney+M20E+Super+21.html

This is a plane I would be going to see if it was 6 months from now. If I could pick that up for 50k .....spend 15k on the panel and put an electroair ignition on it I would have myself one hell of a nice plane for 70g's. It would do everything I need it to and for less money than I am willing to spend. Solid 175mph IFR platform for short money that would operate as reasonably as any complex

A guy could get away with out spending a penny on that panel if he wanted 

Edited by f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

172 takes off with no flaps!!!

I'm at the end of the runway of a pretty busy airport for small planes at work all day , lots of cool stuff , largest being a few high end private jets .  There's one particular twin engine prop plane , maybe a beechcraft , I'm not sure but the fuckin thing sounds totally different than all the other ones , I dunno if the guy has headers on it or if he just has the throttles smashed into dash at all times but it sounds awesome :lol: 

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I'm at the end of the runway of a pretty busy airport for small planes at work all day , lots of cool stuff , largest being a few high end private jets .  There's one particular twin engine prop plane , maybe a beechcraft , I'm not sure but the fuckin thing sounds totally different than all the other ones , I dunno if the guy has headers on it or if he just has the throttles smashed into dash at all times but it sounds awesome :lol: 

Im looking at a turbo prop king air right now. Bunch of rich people going to ireland

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, f7ben said:

I fly again on the 5th.....going to try and average about 2-3 times per month.....I cant afford to do much more then that at the moment 

Cutting into your drinking time??? :lol:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I fly again on the 5th.....going to try and average about 2-3 times per month.....I cant afford to do much more then that at the moment 

How long is it going to be before you solo?

I've been watching a few of Matt's videos lately.

1 minute ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

You need a reason? Did you find god?

Hardly ....I just wanna see what it feels like. As soon as I want to drink again I will .....for the moment I just dont feel the urge for some odd reason 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

How long is it going to be before you solo?

I've been watching a few of Matt's videos lately.

I've watched all his vids .....love them. I'd also love to have an a36 while I might be able to swing purchasing one I wouldnt want the bills trying to keep it in the air 

• Like 1