Check your account email address ×

Sled thread

Snake

48 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

So is it considered a SnoPro or regular ZR440?

I've always called the 97 and older sleds just a regular ZR440, but that is what they raced back in the pre-98 Sno-Pro days.  

45 minutes ago, bussman said:

This may be one my favorite sleds I've ever had. If I was under 6 foot and less than 200lbs I'd still have it. Man that 440 was strung high. 

4eFuEJ0.jpg

98 or 99?  

I think the old 2000 and 2001's were the most confidence inspiring sleds for me to ride.  98/99 should be basically the same feeling.  I felt like I could out handle and outride any other sled on those machines!

44 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I've always called the 97 and older sleds just a regular ZR440, but that is what they raced back in the pre-98 Sno-Pro days.  

98 or 99?  

I think the old 2000 and 2001's were the most confidence inspiring sleds for me to ride.  98/99 should be basically the same feeling.  I felt like I could out handle and outride any other sled on those machines!

Those 90's zr's were great handling trail sleds. 

59 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

98 or 99?  

99'.   Had that composite tunnel and bellow exhaust valves. Loved it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, bussman said:

This may be one my favorite sleds I've ever had. If I was under 6 foot and less than 200lbs I'd still have it. Man that 440 was strung high. 

4eFuEJ0.jpg

Yessir...looks like this one. :thumb:

IMG_3367.thumb.PNG.8ff8d071477aea87edf35602fd4bb68d.PNG

On 9/2/2017 at 8:01 PM, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Box stock, they were rockets back in their day. It's to bad they were a 1 year only engine. Should have put that engine in the zx chassis and shit canned the 700  

The old 670's were rotary valve engines. Skidoo was trying to keep up with the new tech and relieve some of the horrible throttle pull by moving to Reed induction and flat slides. Those old rotary valve engines we're tough as hell tho. 

3 hours ago, Anler said:

The old 670's were rotary valve engines. Skidoo was trying to keep up with the new tech and relieve some of the horrible throttle pull by moving to Reed induction and flat slides. Those old rotary valve engines we're tough as hell tho. 

The 670HOs we're/are faster than the ZX 700s. Would have been even faster if they put the 670HO engine in ZX chassis

13 hours ago, Anler said:

Set of 3 VM 48 Round slides really give the thumb a work out but so does the 535#'s and old sit down style  :lol: 

28 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Set of 3 VM 48 Round slides really give the thumb a work out but so does the 535#'s and old sit down style  :lol: 

Oh fuck yeah. Funny a couple years ago I bought my kids an old Yamaha sno scoot. It only had 1 round slide. The kids quit riding it because it made their thumbs sore. I'm like, you fucking pussies! :lol:

31 minutes ago, Anler said:

Oh fuck yeah. Funny a couple years ago I bought my kids an old Yamaha sno scoot. It only had 1 round slide. The kids quit riding it because it made their thumbs sore. I'm like, you fucking pussies! :lol:

:lol: You can always cut a few coils off the spring then hope then slide returns back all the way shut. That always makes things interesting  :3gears:

16 hours ago, Anler said:

It didn't take much to massage those 670's into stump pulling beasts.   They were good from the factory but a 501 rotary, 1/2" removed from the Y pipe, head work and some carb tricks really got them running.   

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It didn't take much to massage those 670's into stump pulling beasts.   They were good from the factory but a 501 rotary, 1/2" removed from the Y pipe, head work and some carb tricks really got them running.   

Yup, for about $500 bucks you could really have a trail ripper with those. 

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I had that demonic sled for one season, I couldn't get back on a ZR chassis fast enough :lol: 

it only took a little time to set the f7 up to do basically everything better than the zr ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I had that demonic sled for one season, I couldn't get back on a ZR chassis fast enough :lol: 

rode with a guy who had an 02 ZR and an 03 F7,  after a couple rides on the F7 he went back to his ZR because he thought it wanted to toss him 

54 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

rode with a guy who had an 02 ZR and an 03 F7,  after a couple rides on the F7 he went back to his ZR because he thought it wanted to toss him 

He thought right, the key to getting the sled stable at the high speed snomobahns of Ontario and Quebec was to soften the front springs. I remember a guy at a gas stop asking me in Hornepayne, Ontario how my sled handled and I told him it was good and he was like mine isn't, I told him to soften the springs up to where mine were, up to that point he had been tightening them... it was mid-March.

Fuck the 03 Firecat 700 :fuckyou:  :lol: 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

it only took a little time to set the f7 up to do basically everything better than the zr ....

Bullshit.  The ZRs handled and rode way WAY better.  Firecats were fast in a straight line.  Big whoop.  I knew 3 guys who spent all season trying to get their 03 Firecats to handle as good as their ZR's.  They never got there.  Long skinny track and different geometry, they turned like shit, and rode like shit.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

x2  The coupled skid on the 02 ZR was the best handling sled I ever rode at the time, and I had an 01 ZR.

• Thanks 1

Bro had a 98 670 formula z and was bragging about his sled to anyone who would listen. I ended up buying a 98 xc 700 shortly after him,and he proceeded to keep laying the smack down. So one day we lined up like 8 times....he he finally shut his yap:lol:. I then proceeded to kill his buds mach1:lol:.. bro ended up re gearing his 670,and then he was able to hang till 60ish. .then it was lights out again :lol:

2 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Bro had a 98 670 formula z and was bragging about his sled to anyone who would listen. I ended up buying a 98 xc 700 shortly after him,and he proceeded to keep laying the smack down. So one day we lined up like 8 times....he he finally shut his yap:lol:. I then proceeded to kill his buds mach1:lol:.. bro ended up re gearing his 670,and then he was able to hang till 60ish. .then it was lights out again :lol:

The early XC700s were monsters.  If memory serves, they detuned them after their first year.