Sled thread

Snake

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No....there is a reason it has new pistons

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

And a pile of scrap aluminum monoblocks as well

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Zactly...and I'd bet those were just the last pair of "fresh" slugs dropped in it.  I'd bet there's a half dozen old ones sitting on the bench.  I'd almost go with a first year etec instead of that Poo mil.  Almost.

He also proceeded to tell me that his sled is valued at 6000 and mine is worth 3500...I guess what I really should do is just tell him to try and sell his for 6 and buy one like mine for 3500...have at it. :thumb:

38 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

He also proceeded to tell me that his sled is valued at 6000 and mine is worth 3500...I guess what I really should do is just tell him to try and sell his for 6 and buy one like mine for 3500...have at it. :thumb:

Oh I love those kinda guys that "expain" to you what your sled is worth and why it is worth that. :lol: Even if you agreed with them...they'd come out and beat your agreed upon price up again.  Craigslist fuck-wads.

41 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I traded my last one in. Listed it for what I thought was reasonable and no calls. None. My tolerance is low for assholes anyway so probably worked out for the best.

Yeah...I just sold my last one to a buddy that parts them out.  Not worth the hassle.  But it had 5k on it.  Mine has less than 1000!  The literal "sweet spot" for used sled.  Everybody wants/needs to finance now.  An easy $300 a month for 48 is better than the 7-10k for a low mileage "used" one I guess.  Not to me though.

...and people can't figure out why sleds are approaching $20k now.  Hey...all "easy monthly payments"!  

52 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...I just sold my last one to a buddy that parts them out.  Not worth the hassle.  But it had 5k on it.  Mine has less than 1000!  The literal "sweet spot" for used sled.  Everybody wants/needs to finance now.  An easy $300 a month for 48 is better than the 7-10k for a low mileage "used" one I guess.  Not to me though.

...and people can't figure out why sleds are approaching $20k now.  Hey...all "easy monthly payments"!  

It's the same reason why truck prices are so high. These dumb asses buy on the payment not the OTD price.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

It's the same reason why truck prices are so high. These dumb asses buy on the payment not the OTD price.

Yep.  Easy monthly payments....FOREVER.  My last sled and truck I bought had the seller ponying up big $$$$ to the bank to get the titles free and clear.  In fact...the dude on the sled paid the bank in front of me over half of the cash I gave him....then they asked me if I wanted to take out a loan for it.  I seriously laughed.