Check your account email address ×

BRP to cut sled production 30%

11 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Honda fucked themselves building the Fourtrax 300, anyone who bought one of those will never have to buy another 4 wheeler in their lifetime.

In all reality almost everyone knows someone with a fourtrax that has been neglected for the last 30 years and still runs like a top, arguably the greatest off road product ever built.

honda probably holds a lot of those titles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

Yep...How many kids had one of these in the 70's-80's...They sold thousands of them...

attachment.jpg

HONDA 6.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by SlugsOnSleds
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

Bought one for my kids when they were young and they absolutely pounded the shit out of it and NEVER skipped a beat, ever. Pretty much gas and go 

• Like 1

i get the guys saying "jap junk". i just laugh. i see a few xr/xl 600s. i get all of those as they are from my time. last one had messed up throttle cable. wouldn't "snap back" like it should. he had a parts bike and brought the one cable and i fixed it. don't know how many have messed with those siamese carbs...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Honda fucked themselves building the Fourtrax 300, anyone who bought one of those will never have to buy another 4 wheeler in their lifetime.

In all reality almost everyone knows someone with a fourtrax that has been neglected for the last 30 years and still runs like a top, arguably the greatest off road product ever built.

Ours lived a hard life, sat outside most of the time.  I used it for years around my property before buying a new Rancher.  

I have 3 machines now, 88 Fourtrax 300 2x4, 2020 Rancher 420 4x4 solid axle, and a 2023 Sportsman 850.  When I need to drag my driveway, spray weeds, fertilize, or aerate the lawn, guess which one I pick?

Since I have the Sportsman now, this trailer is permanently hooked up to the Rancher.  The sprayer stays on my Fourtrax now.

image.thumb.png.28415dea66e706cf8bb284f1e0954ace.png

• Like 2

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Ours lived a hard life, sat outside most of the time.  I used it for years around my property before buying a new Rancher.  

I have 3 machines now, 88 Fourtrax 300 2x4, 2020 Rancher 420 4x4 solid axle, and a 2023 Sportsman 850.  When I need to drag my driveway, spray weeds, fertilize, or aerate the lawn, guess which one I pick?

Since I have the Sportsman now, this trailer is permanently hooked up to the Rancher.  The sprayer stays on my Fourtrax now.

My dad and uncle both had 4wd early 90s units, my dad sold his probably 10 years ago now but my uncle has his still. Sits next to the shed hardly ever moves but always starts first kick. I changed the oil for him a couple years ago and maybe half a quart came out, still runs like a top and doesn’t smoke a bit. I always had XRs growing up even when I had my CRs, we pulled an 82-84 XR 250 out of the woods behind my dads buddies house where it had sat for probably 15 years changed the oil cleaned the carb and fresh gas and rode it for years until a carney bought it when the county fair was in town. Saw that bike at the fair for 4 or 5 years after too 😂

5 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

My dad and uncle both had 4wd early 90s units, my dad sold his probably 10 years ago now but my uncle has his still. Sits next to the shed hardly ever moves but always starts first kick. I changed the oil for him a couple years ago and maybe half a quart came out, still runs like a top and doesn’t smoke a bit. I always had XRs growing up even when I had my CRs, we pulled an 82-84 XR 250 out of the woods behind my dads buddies house where it had sat for probably 15 years changed the oil cleaned the carb and fresh gas and rode it for years until a carney bought it when the county fair was in town. Saw that bike at the fair for 4 or 5 years after too 😂

Wish mine was 4wd.  It's only 2 wheel drive with turf tires.  Perfect for what I need it for now but wasn't worth a shit in the snow!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I have a 98 Honda 300 2x4 in mint condition that I will not part with.

IMG_20190523_182740.jpg

Edited by awful knawful
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Those 88 300s were fast. They'd probably do 60mph 

8 hours ago, krom said:

Nope.

AC lost market because the competition came out with new product, period.  I was there, we had customers apologizing to us for switching brands saying they just couldn't wait any longer for ac to release a new chassis, or 850.

Nope what? I stated in the Polaris example that revisions and updates need to be made. Cat didn’t do that. Had they refined the Procross and updated it, addressed the problems they would’ve done fine. The Procross is still competitive in sno-x and XC racing and that is pretty amazing for a 12-13 year old sled. All Textron had to do was put new body work on it and give it a new name like Polaris did with their Maytrx and update the ergos a little bit and dipshits wouldn’t have known any better. Then…. THEN the big thing, sell it for less than the competition and make up for it in volume. But Textron was too stupid to do that. 

Now they finally introduce new product AFTER completely missing the COVID sales bubble. Current sleds are sky high in price with inflation, interest rates are sky high and the lower 48 had shit for snow. Their new Cataylist has done shitty in racing and they don’t even race the thing in either sno-x or the Iron Dog. A trained monkey could run Arctic Cat better than the morons in their top administration.  No wonder they keep extending their snowcheck date just hoping, praying to sell something. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Nope what? I stated in the Polaris example that revisions and updates need to be made. Cat didn’t do that. Had they refined the Procross and updated it, addressed the problems they would’ve done fine. The Procross is still competitive in sno-x and XC racing and that is pretty amazing for a 12-13 year old sled. All Textron had to do was put new body work on it and give it a new name like Polaris did with their Maytrx and update the ergos a little bit and dipshits wouldn’t have known any better. Then…. THEN the big thing, sell it for less than the competition and make up for it in volume. But Textron was too stupid to do that. 

Now they finally introduce new product AFTER completely missing the COVID sales bubble. Current sleds are sky high in price with inflation, interest rates are sky high and the lower 48 had shit for snow. Their new Cataylist has done shitty in racing and they don’t even race the thing in either sno-x or the Iron Dog. A trained monkey could run Arctic Cat better than the morons in their top administration.  No wonder they keep extending their snowcheck date just hoping, praying to sell something. 

There's alot of truth in there.

15 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Nope what? I stated in the Polaris example that revisions and updates need to be made. Cat didn’t do that. Had they refined the Procross and updated it, addressed the problems they would’ve done fine. The Procross is still competitive in sno-x and XC racing and that is pretty amazing for a 12-13 year old sled. All Textron had to do was put new body work on it and give it a new name like Polaris did with their Maytrx and update the ergos a little bit and dipshits wouldn’t have known any better. 

Needed a LOT more than a little bit.  Your statement is obviously from someone who has never ridden a modern poo or doo.  They make the procross feel like an ass dragging antique.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Needed a LOT more than a little bit.  Your statement is obviously from someone who has never ridden a modern poo or doo.  They make the procross feel like an ass dragging antique.

Uh huh. 🙄 This coming from a guy who turns his clickers to full soft for riding rough, whooped out trails and couldn’t figure out that his leaky exhaust needed a gasket between the Y and the pipe. :lol::lol2: :lolz:

On the bold, how is it that the Procross still wins races dipfuck? :news:

You can't read.  I have them tight as shit when not in whoops so they don't bottom out incessantly .  Just because you ride like a pussy doesn't mean the rest of us do.

When are you buying a sled?

14 hours ago, krom said:

Nope.

AC lost market because the competition came out with new product, period.  I was there, we had customers apologizing to us for switching brands saying they just couldn't wait any longer for ac to release a new chassis, or 850.

Went from a 2015 Cat 700 XT to a 2019(?) Sportsman 850.  

That Cat was a very good machine, but that Sportsman is way ahead of that Cat.

It is a shame they axed pretty much the entire dirt team out of St. Cloud.  It was a pretty passionate and smart group.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Went from a 2015 Cat 700 XT to a 2019(?) Sportsman 850.  

That Cat was a very good machine, but that Sportsman is way ahead of that Cat.

It is a shame they axed pretty much the entire dirt team out of St. Cloud.  It was a pretty passionate and smart group.

2012ish-textron was the only time Cat was really in the dirt game in my opinion. They offered some really decent machines at good price points then. Even my 08 prowler was a good unit for what it was, fucker would go through anything if you had the diff locked, just had to keep a pile of starter solenoids in the glovebox.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AK440 said:

Lots right in the second paragraph..  But the procross wasn't going to do anything but continue to loose sales..

Poo spent more $$ engineering and tooling their bulkhead castings, than textron did on the catalyst chassis, and maybe more than textron did on the entire catalyst project.

6 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

"ON-DA-CAT"     :dunno:

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

bring back the liquifire 

The Odyssey and Pilot ;)

• Haha 1

i was just gonna ask if anyone has seen the prices. i had a guy come in with a pilot on a trailer. showroom condition, looked never ridden. he paid 8k