Check your account email address ×

BRP to cut sled production 30%

Just now, krom said:

beat me to it...

Mild winter wreaks havoc on BRP snowmobile sales, as Ski-Doo maker cuts production 

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/brp-reports-q4-profit-revenue-121320516.html

If @AK440 wasn't too busy battling climate change he would have beaten both of us.  

:)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

And Jim say acat is doubling their production this year.

Won’t be hard. Everything cat built last year across both lines would probably be less than BRPs 10% cut

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

And Jim say acat is doubling their production this year.

BRP won't realy be hurt that much by this, they know the business well, and are obviously planning for it.  But AC on the other hand, does anyone think they'll even sell as many units as this year?...

Textron finally let them spend on new products after far too long, only to release them into the worse market in over a decade. Wonder how the board is going to react to orders falling so short of expectations?

16 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Won’t be hard. Everything cat built last year across both lines would probably be less than BRPs 10% cut

BRP's cut in sled production, is more sleds than AC's has built in a year since the 03 firecat

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, krom said:

BRP won't realy be hurt that much by this, they know the business well, and are obviously planning for it.  But AC on the other hand, does anyone think they'll even sell as many units as this year?...

Textron finally let them spend on new products after far too long, only to release them into the worse market in over a decade. Wonder how the board is going to react to orders falling so short of expectations?

BRP's cut in sled production, is more sleds than AC's has built in a year since the 03 firecat

My buddies Poo/Doo dealer ship is 1/13 of last year for snowchecks. Our cats are 5 times what they did.

We checked more 600 Catalyst Ms last year than their total snowchecks this year.

8 or 9 months ago I watched the CEO of BRP being interviewed on BNN. He was pounding his chest with glee as he stated all was good with sled production and sales. Said the clientele is on the higher end of the food chain and a slowdown would affect them minimally. I LMAO as weeks prior their were non current sleds sitting in the local dealer's yard. And even more after this winter. They also have non current Sea Doos. Times have changed

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

8 or 9 months ago I watched the CEO of BRP being interviewed on BNN. He was pounding his chest with glee as he stated all was good with sled production and sales. Said the clientele is on the higher end of the food chain and a slowdown would affect them minimally. I LMAO as weeks prior their were non current sleds sitting in the local dealer's yard. And even more after this winter. They also have non current Sea Doos. Times have changed

Nobody on the higher end of the food chain (money or brains) would ride a cat polaris and ski doo and buy the doo

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rkm said:

My buddies Poo/Doo dealer ship is 1/13 of last year for snowchecks. Our cats are 5 times what they did.

We checked more 600 Catalyst Ms last year than their total snowchecks this year.

I'm not surprised you did more last year than they did this year, or that they didn't do many/any this year, doo or poo didn't release anything earth shattering  new, and have lots of leftovers in the field, while AC released the 858.

If they are 1/13th of normal, and you are 5x that you are about half of their normal year.  Is that enough to gain market share in your area?  Does it bring your number up to higher than it was in '18?

Edited by krom

1 hour ago, Tripleflipper said:

BRP still sold more sleds this season than they did pre COVID.

They are cutting 30% to be proactive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

BRP still sold more sleds this season than they did pre COVID.

They are cutting 30% to be proactive.

Its reactive when you have 25+ non current sleds sitting at every dealer…

1 hour ago, krom said:

I'm not surprised you did more last year than they did this year, or that they didn't do many/any this year, doo or poo didn't release anything earth shattering  new, and have lots of leftovers in the field, while AC released the 858.

If they are 1/13th of normal, and you are 5x that you are about half of their normal year.  Is that enough to gain market share in your area?  Does it bring your number up to higher than it was in '18?

This is their lowest snowcheck year ever. By a lot. Our local numbers are pretty consistent. We always have snow. Last year the lack of Polaris inventory was offset by more Doo deliverys.

We will gain on Polaris but I think Doo will stay strong. Polaris customers are pretty upset with quality, customer service and resale. More snowchecks than in MY18 but not MY19. Alphas sold well for us.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

beat me to it...

Mild winter wreaks havoc on BRP snowmobile sales, as Ski-Doo maker cuts production 

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/brp-reports-q4-profit-revenue-121320516.html

If @AK440 wasn't too busy battling climate change he would have beaten both of us.  

:)

I’ve been saying for months this will be the lowest snowcheck year since the early 80’s. Good! Fuck the OEM’s for continuing to raise their prices and screw over their customers. Prices are and have been unsustainable for years. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AK440 said:

I’ve been saying for months this will be the lowest snowcheck year since the early 80’s. Good! Fuck the OEM’s for continuing to raise their prices and screw over their customers. Prices are and have been unsustainable for years. 

gee thx... 9_9

9668029_27c5c.gif

24 minutes ago, AK440 said:

More people need to break out their dad’s credit card and get and up those Sno check numbers. With all the carry over this year will be the issue, not the price of the sled. I would be more concerned about the dealer network than the big companies. I see a lot of dealers dropping out and selling something else 

42 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

More people need to break out their dad’s credit card and get and up those Sno check numbers. With all the carry over this year will be the issue, not the price of the sled. I would be more concerned about the dealer network than the big companies. I see a lot of dealers dropping out and selling something else 

The only single line snowmobile dealers this would impact is Yamaha. They already pulled out. All the others are diversified enough not to be greatly impacted as they sell ATV, UTV, and other power sports machines and often different lines. 

4 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Its reactive when you have 25+ non current sleds sitting at every dealer…

BRP is the only one?

No one predicted this shitty winter.

The production cut will include leftovers in its factor.

BRP has been at the top for 20 years with this leadership.

4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

BRP is the only one?

No one predicted this shitty winter.

The production cut will include leftovers in its factor.

BRP has been at the top for 20 years with this leadership.

No polaris too. The writing was on the wall as soon as the used toy market was flooded and the bubble popped. There’s still a fuck ton of 23 leftovers out there too, BRP was still trying to push more units down their dealers throats a month and a half ago.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, AK440 said:

The only single line snowmobile dealers this would impact is Yamaha. They already pulled out. All the others are diversified enough not to be greatly impacted as they sell ATV, UTV, and other power sports machines and often different lines. 

You would be surprised how many will drop them like heart beat 

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

There allotment sold out. Seen two truck loads of 25's already shipped.