Check your account email address ×

Catalyst HP

28 minutes ago, Rod said:

Yeah sucked how much power it had and how long it lasted 

Honestly, I have never been interested in anything bigger than a 600. No need for me. Speed means next to nothing on all but the lakes and the last few years, they have been so rough that you can't open em up anyway. 

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Honestly, I have never been interested in anything bigger than a 600. No need for me. Speed means next to nothing on all but the lakes and the last few years, they have been so rough that you can't open em up anyway. 

It's not the top speed I like of a bigger sled, more the thrill of acceleration out of a corner or in a straight stretch. Some may even call it a "RUSH" :lol:

600's just don't have it.

• Gold Member

a proper setup 600 is fine for most of the rocky tight NE trails I ride. 

Ive been the only 600 in a pack of 850s for a 200 mile ride, I never had a problem keeping up. Really more about rider. 

That said the 800/850 is more fun and easier to go fast hands down. 

• Like 1

Just now, EvilBird said:

a proper setup 600 is fine for most of the rocky tight NE trails I ride. 

Ive been the only 600 in a pack of 850s for a 200 mile ride, I never had a problem keeping up. Really more about rider. 

That said the 800/850 is more fun and easier to go fast hands down. 

I learned from the one season I had my 650 XCR ... it's just not enough for the type of riding we do.  Like you said, when in the tight trails ... awesome sled!!  In fact, I would take that 650 over any of my 800/850's.  But everywhere else, it just flat out lacks.  Not much for grunt and when out in the open areas of lakes, rivers, forest roads and fields, when the bigger sleds are cruising at 80mph or more, the smaller sled is winding out and sucking down gas.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I learned from the one season I had my 650 XCR ... it's just not enough for the type of riding we do.  Like you said, when in the tight trails ... awesome sled!!  In fact, I would take that 650 over any of my 800/850's.  But everywhere else, it just flat out lacks.  Not much for grunt and when out in the open areas of lakes, rivers, forest roads and fields, when the bigger sleds are cruising at 80mph or more, the smaller sled is winding out and sucking down gas.

Lol.  One guy we ride with is on a 650.  Great sled but when we get on some of the RR grades or forest roads he says it's tongue was hanging out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

Lol.  One guy we ride with is on a 650.  Great sled but when we get on some of the RR grades or forest roads he says it's tongue was hanging out.

He would be better off on the heavier, lower powered ,better handling, more efficient 600 Catalyst!!!!

Oh, and another thing, you're driving too fast, not needed.

All things I learned on FS:thumbsup:

The 'rush' of slamming the flipper on 200 plus hp over a small rise to get it to launch is the only reason I need to own what I do.

Please continue the discussion on these 'daughter sleds'... :lol:

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Media sleds will be stating to be built on January 8th. Full production models will start around the 25th of January. Demos are planned. I will stick with the proven 600. Best 2 stroke motor by far. 

Best 2 stroke even though it's all new and untested, lol

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

The Poo 650 came about because they could not compete with a 600. 

Wrong.  The Pol 600 held its own against the competition. Check the numbers closely.

Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 6.47.08 PM.png

Edited by CaddisFly
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, CaddisFly said:

Wrong.  The Pol 600 held its own against the competition. Check the numbers closely.

Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 6.47.08 PM.png

Whatever you say. Reliability wise, that motor was a total turd. Like all Polaris these days.

5 hours ago, HSR said:

Yup , releasing a new engine in a new chassis with the lowest hp in the class is an epic fail. Who wants to pay top dollar for the lowest hp with a company that has failed historically with a new chassis.

15 grand for 123 hp isn't gonna save them. Girls sled ffs.

Exactly 

And dumbass faggot retard know nothing clown doesn’t realize how light a Polaris is compared to the piggy new catalyst. A 146 850 assault fully loaded weighs less than a 600 catalyst. What a massive failure by cat 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Whatever you say. Reliability wise, that motor was a total turd. Like all Polaris these days.

Reliability wise the Liberty 600 VES is one of the best from anyone. Basically the same for almost 20 years when it came out with carbs. Even modified to a 660 proved to be a very solid motor.

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

Reliability wise the Liberty 600 VES is one of the best from anyone. Basically the same for almost 20 years when it came out with carbs. Even modified to a 660 proved to be a very solid motor.

It’s like he’s so ducking stupid he doesn’t think people here have a wide amount of experience with every platform and motor, the 600ves rivaled anything Suzuki made let alone cats ctec garbage 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

Not what I've had to pull out of the woods. 

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Media sleds will be stating to be built on January 8th. Full production models will start around the 25th of January. Demos are planned. I will stick with the proven 600. Best 2 stroke motor by far. 

I your opinion, what makes it the best by far?

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Tell me where you are , I’m going to come choke the worthless life out of you. You are too stupid to be allowed to live. You get the mag lights 

• Haha 2

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Just now, f7ben said:

It’s like he’s so ducking stupid he doesn’t think people here have a wide amount of experience with every platform and motor, the 600ves rivaled anything Suzuki made let alone cats ctec garbage 

Well what do we know :lol:

Just now, f7ben said:

Tell me where you are , I’m going to come choke the worthless life out of you. You are too stupid to be allowed to live. You get the mag lights 

Right next door Bitch! You will be dead before you get out of your shitty vehicle!

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

:lol:

I'm expecting a report for this!!!11111!!!!!!!1111!!!11!!!