Check your account email address ×

Catalyst HP

22 minutes ago, Snake said:

UFOs

White, 18 year old, blond, virgin liquor store owners

600 class riders leading the pack :lol:

want to do five laps around the land of 10,000 corners?   I'll be on a 500 and probably lap you.... ;)

don't be fooled by the map... many have. 

it's a great workout even on a light tight woods sled... can't imagine it on a 888lb tank. 1884441832_goathills.png.75cc258fe3d3cbb896bb34962d387ff5.png

Screenshot_20231227-114130.png

41 minutes ago, Snake said:

UFOs

White, 18 year old, blond, virgin liquor store owners

600 class riders leading the pack :lol:

As I’ve said 1000x

The mythical TIGHT and TWISTIES. A fantasy land were men with slow sleds and tiny balls rule the roost. I’ve never been there but I heard it exists. 

Reality is the guys riding 600s pull up a minute or 3 after everyone stops for a piss and a beer. They always take more gas at the pump and the only thing they might actually have going for them is some reliability but in all actuality probably not. 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

As I’ve said 1000x

The mythical TIGHT and TWISTIES. A fantasy land were men with slow sleds and tiny balls rule the roost. I’ve never been there but I heard it exists. 

Reality is the guys riding 600s pull up a minute or 3 after everyone stops for a piss and a beer. They always take more gas at the pump and the only thing they might actually have going for them is some reliability but in all actuality probably not. 

Last year we hit fresh trails and nobody could keep up to me on an f3 600

owned 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HSR said:

He doesn't ride a 500 :news: They do have some nice big bore kits for them though. Just sayin'

I'm betting it's quicker faster and better handling than the trappers sled :bc:

Yes he does.  And I bet it ain't quicker or faster, and I bet its tits on a bull moose useless once the snow is more than a foot or two.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

How many people ever got by us when we were on a ride to P Farms? Or camp to Jackman, or up to the border? Or.................

You always read about these 600 500 class heroes, you never see them... :lol:

No one.  Edited for accuracy.  :lol: Here's where they always start getting over their skis in these conversations.

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yes he does.  And I bet it ain't quicker or faster, and I bet its tits on a bull moose useless once the snow is more than a foot or two.

No one.  Edited for accuracy.  :lol: Here's where they always start getting over their skis in these conversations.

you and snake ride tuna trawlers... 

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

We ride what we want.  Weren't we having this discussion earlier?

IDK, probably with someone else who doesn't value your opinion :lol:

buddy has a Doo 900R, have ridden it, goes well, sucks donkey balls in the Twisties 

how many times a day do you have to move the handlebars on those interstates you guys call trails?  

I'd rather ride in the truck than on those all day long

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

want to do five laps around the land of 10,000 corners?   I'll be on a 500 and probably lap you.... ;)

don't be fooled by the map... many have. 

it's a great workout even on a light tight woods sled... can't imagine it on a 888lb tank. 1884441832_goathills.png.75cc258fe3d3cbb896bb34962d387ff5.png

Screenshot_20231227-114130.png

10,oooo corners aye ? 

looks like I gots more Corners  :lmao:

526B7EC5-20C3-4AB9-B50E-35EED5F60FB3.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

But that isnt You riding ....kinda pointless  post no? :dunno:

:lol:

actually it is me... Zach just does all the PR stuff and I handle the racing.   don't tell anyone... ;)

but seriously, if you think snake could keep up in any type of terrain race on his 1975 Cadillac Coupe Deville... he couldn't :roflcrying:

• Platinum Contributing Member

Been a long time since any mfg shocked the snowmobile world with HP/performance numbers nobody else could match cc for cc.   Probably the biggest was the F7 and really hasn't been any anomaly like it since. 

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

10,oooo corners aye ? 

looks like I gots more Corners  :lmao:

526B7EC5-20C3-4AB9-B50E-35EED5F60FB3.jpeg

doesn't even come close to showing how tight it is irl... it's all day handlebar turning.

one of these days I need to borrow a Go Pro and attach it to the front bumper... 

Screenshot_20231227-134239.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Been a long time since any mfg shocked the snowmobile world with HP/performance numbers nobody else could match cc for cc.   Probably the biggest was the F7 and really hasn't been any anomaly like it since. 

I beg to differ. We have the MOST powerful 2 strokes ever offered by any manufacturer in history. 850 turbo.

Just now, HSR said:

I beg to differ. We have the MOST powerful 2 strokes ever offered by any manufacturer in history. 850 turbo.

You are missing my point.   I'm saying where a single mfg dramatically out performs the others in a cc category that they all participate in.   The 2 850 Turbo's currently offered compete well against each other.   In 03 NOTHING in the 700cc class could touch the f7.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

You are missing my point.   I'm saying where a single mfg dramatically out performs the others in a cc category that they all participate in.   The 2 850 Turbo's currently offered compete well against each other.   In 03 NOTHING in the 700cc class could touch the f7.  

Ok I getcha there :thumbsup:

Back then there was more competition I guess, now it's just Poo and Doo one upping each other each year and Cat,,,,,, well they are just trying to stay relevant with silly sales pitches.

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

CFR 800ho was like that but just never caught the hype 

30 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm saying where a single mfg dramatically out performs the others in a cc category that they all participate in.

19 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'd say the Sidewinder pulled it off nicely.... :poke:

How so? What sled did it outperform in its category?

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I'd say the Sidewinder pulled it off nicely.... :poke:

But it was stand alone anyway.   The others we are talking about had competition that just couldn't keep up. 

Maybe you could say the Apex when the 1200 Doo came along.   Stock for stock the Doo wasn't very competitive against the Apex and it had 200 cc's on it.   The 1100 NA cat was also a turd by comparison. 

Do should have and could have made the 1200 a 170 HP NA beast. 

Edited by Highmark