Check your account email address ×

What’s up with BRP stock?

Rod

17 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah and hes got a place on Congamond now.  I asked Him how that works myself he just shrugged it off. :dunno:Affluent lifestyle I guess, I'm not on that level  .  :lol:

I didn't know that part, I'm not on that level either.  :lol: I don't think he's involved in the day to day anymore, and I heard Meg is out of the business completely.  Maybe they have good managers and run things remotely who knows.  I didn't hear any of this until boat season was over, so I never asked Matt about it.  But I see him almost every weekend, and we shoot the shit all the time. He and I are the only 2 Cranchi owners in the marina, and he's much of the reason I bought one.  As it is, Matt runs the Norwich store, and i think Tom is back running the Vernon operation.  Guys gotta be 80 now.  Like I said, I still don't get it.  Tom and Chris and their wives were really good friend with my parents back when they had boats, even went on Chris and BBs honeymoon with them.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mainecat said:

At 24 k even wealthy people are looking to other outdoor activities. Horrible investment but yeah you would make it Thurston Howell.

Since when has buying a snowmobile been considered an investment?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Mainecat said:

24k for a sled is why.

handful of sleds sell for 20.  a sled for 12k is better than a top of the line sled sold 15 years ago.  

toys are sitting and its going to get worse.  i wish i didn;t buy a new one for this season because next year there will be deals to be had but i committed to it in the spring.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

toys are sitting and its going to get worse.  i wish i didn;t buy a new one for this season because next year there will be deals to be had but i committed to it in the spring.

I agree and hope you are correct!  Haven’t bought a sled in three years, and the miles are racking up on the three I have… (over 30k between the three of them)

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dsupercat said:

Since when has buying a snowmobile been considered an investment?

Right after you take a hit off the bong.

The drop in stocks comes as no surprise.

They just announced a new 1000sdi Mach Z.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

handful of sleds sell for 20.  a sled for 12k is better than a top of the line sled sold 15 years ago.  

I'll give ya 10 grand and take that new Backcountry off your hands  :dunno:   :lol: 

22 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Local dealer has full line of Polaris, BRP, CF moto, etc., and a shit ton of inventory.  I drive by it every day, and I see the same 10-15 BRP pontoon boats all wrapped just sitting there, along with at least 100 crates of all kinds of other shit.  I honestly don't see how that works as a business model.  But the local camp trailer/motorhome dealer, same story.  These people pay cash for all this inventory that is sitting there depreciating?

Nope, it's worse than that - they borrow.  And, it ain't at 2% APR, neither.  I used to be in the business, and we routinely charged 19.8% APR on floor planning (inventory financing) from day 1.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/30/2023 at 6:25 PM, Rod said:

I think a 24 cat 800 RR is around 10 grand more than my 2020 was and it’s the same sled 

The base model catalyst is more money than my 2019 800rr was. Same as your 20 with a shitter engine in it 

4 hours ago, p51mstg said:

Nope, it's worse than that - they borrow.  And, it ain't at 2% APR, neither.  I used to be in the business, and we routinely charged 19.8% APR on floor planning (inventory financing) from day 1.  

Floor planing is 18% right now after our substacies run out.  had a meeting with a customer today and we decided it was cheaper for them to order less at a higher up front cost vs ordering more for a lower up front cost risking interest on units that take longer to sell. 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 6:46 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

how quickly we've forgotten the gotta have it covid spending spree where sales were through the roof, credit didn't matter and adm or paying full retail was awesome.  I'll shed zero tears for anyone.

couple years ago beyond that there were rebates, golden tickets and only suckers paid full price.

IDK what it is some of you want tbh... It's like many of you have severe ADD

this was at a local high volume Polaris dealer last week... 

IMG_20231124_160315812_HDR.jpg

What a smoking deal! Gotta buy 2 at that price. 

I’m laughing at all the chumps who snowchecked ‘24 sleds this year. They’d paid ridiculously inflated prices just to get fucked. It’s hilarious! Last spring guys were saying don’t buy. The OEM’s are raising prices out of greed, don’t support them. I hope snorkels were included with ‘24 snowchecks as they are so underwater. 

On 12/1/2023 at 12:48 PM, Voodoo said:

Right after you take a hit off the bong.

The drop in stocks comes as no surprise.

They just announced a new 1000sdi Mach Z.

Send 550 a message and let him know about the 1000.

• Haha 1