Check your account email address ×

John Dee

Message added by Doug,

John Dee has now pasted away on Nov. 14

• Platinum Contributing Member

To ALL that that took the time to send well wishes and prayers, from the bottom of my heart I am grateful.
I’m so blessed to have so many wonderful people that have my back.
The attached pictures show what happened. Cutting the grass Saturday afternoon, I believe the roll bar on the mower got hung up on a branch of the old apple tree, causing the large branch in the pic to crash down onto my head. I ended up with a 7 cm gash on the back of my head, a crushed C7 vertebrae and small brain bleed.
The gash got stapled yesterday at Portage. The C7 will heal on its own, with the help of a cervical brace for the next 4-6 weeks. The brain bleed remained small, so I’m out of the woods with that.
Should be going home in the next day or two.
So I’m a very lucky man!
Thanks again to all of you.❤️

IMG_1870.jpeg.53e4b6c27bb7595f54ac7c9b8b0c76ec.jpegIMG_1869.jpeg.a5baf9318761e9c7b3935714c37de093.jpeg

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Bontz said:

Holy Crap!  And yeah, a bit ironic in how that "safety feature" was the culprit.  I'm glad he's OK - that's the main thing.  

Yep, my ROPS kit is in the corner of my garage, I've seen to much shit happen with those things getting caught on things. If you're on a slope that steep that you think you will roll you shouldn't be on that slope

• Like 2

Just now, poopooforme said:

Man that guy has had some bad luck.  Geesh.  Simply out mowing the lawn...  Hope he has 13 lives cause I think he has used 9 or so....  Good to hear he's gonna be ok.

I was going to say the same thing!

19 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Man that guy has had some bad luck.  Geesh.  Simply out mowing the lawn...  Hope he has 13 lives cause I think he has used 9 or so....  Good to hear he's gonna be ok.

Friend thought he had a bout with cancer last year??

• 2 months later...

What a huge loss for all who loved & followed John. We have been fans of his for many years. The original John Dee Snow Central was waited for all season, every season! John was the first reporting snow conditions to the snowmobiling masses online. Accurate, honest & kind. We all followed his suit. Thank you for all the years you gave us. 
Our sympathies to Nora, his daughter, his family & friends. 
❤️ All of us at Western UP Trail Reports

IMG_2174.jpeg.01241eeed37e57da216b52ea68f6070b.jpegIMG_2176.jpeg.547a810d13a6eba30414304625c3a51b.jpegIMG_2173.jpeg.93d2bb56ffaa45bc26cb0507fd973afc.jpeg

IMG_2175.jpeg

• Sad 4

• Doug featured and unfeatured this topic

When he started pushing the UP, northern Sconnie, specifically off trail areas like the Chequamagen Forest went nearly trackless some years.  I loved it as I had a cabin up there and it went from narry a flake of snow unturned to fresh powder every weekend!  
His forecasts were as generous as anyone’s (I always used to say if we got half of what he predicted the whole Midwest would be under 3’ of snow by February!) but never missed one, too much fun thinking what could be, and many times what made me decide to leave earlier to avoid driving through snow…

• Like 1