Check your account email address ×

2024 Lynx Race Sled

• Platinum Contributing Member

@lynx_snowmobiles just released its 2024 Lynx Rave RS 600RS E-TEC race sled for the upcoming season. Check out the radical new rCTRL rear suspension design and new Radien RS chassis. Videos in our stories. 

#snowest #snowmobile #snowmobiling #lynxsnowmobiles

IMG_2140.thumb.jpeg.440eef22df26e022602d9070aecf4523.jpegIMG_2139.thumb.jpeg.526613561106d7c2a898ba70729b4a0b.jpegIMG_2138.thumb.jpeg.8d4011a9c355d88dbaf94ba94cca0b7a.jpegIMG_2137.thumb.jpeg.fa8413b12aba72d84b6eaa6ebf2df96e.jpegIMG_2136.thumb.jpeg.3224315780310d008487570fe8336cde.jpegIMG_2135.thumb.jpeg.d0cc62fbd197e1ad0eb6339954bdbad9.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HSR said:

Looks like they bought all the Polaris left over short tunnels from the original Axys days :lol:

Never understood why Polaris didn't do that.  That being said.  They should hurry up and import that thing here!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doug said:

Sharp looking sled.  Kind of a different looking rear suspension and tunnel the way suspension is mounted. 

Very nice.  Already looking forward to the 25 Lynx product announcements.  146" 900 turbo R please.

25 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Very nice.  Already looking forward to the 25 Lynx product announcements.  146" 900 turbo R please.

Friend had a Rave 2 years ago that spent some time on.  With the uncoupled suspension and bungee cord type front limit strap reminded me of an Assault.  Both needed more rider input as far as rider position for trail riding.  Easy to pull the ski's off the ground which is great for a 50/50 off trail sled.  Just wasn't the sled for me as I prefer a more planted sled in the corners.  Other guys the Rave will fit them perfect 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Doug said:

Friend had a Rave 2 years ago that spent some time on.  With the uncoupled suspension and bungee cord type front limit strap reminded me of an Assault.  Both needed more rider input as far as rider position for trail riding.  Easy to pull the ski's off the ground which is great for a 50/50 off trail sled.  Just wasn't the sled for me as I prefer a more planted sled in the corners.  Other guys the Rave will fit them perfect 

Thats the thing with uncoupled, I don't mind the tradeoff, and you get used to it.  When you need traction in 4' of powder, you learn to appreciate it.  I like the high, narrow firm seat and high end suspension bits.  They're getting to be stupid money though.

they've been doing the add on plastic slab over the back of the skid for a few years now... no need to replace the tunnel if it gets hit.  and yes, Polaris could have and should have done something similar with the Balers.

https://www.brplynx.com/gb/en/we-are-lynx/blog/the-champion-returns.html

lynxmy22-blog-ravers-rear-chassis.jpeg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

41 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

they've been doing the add on plastic slab over the back of the skid for a few years now... no need to replace the tunnel if it gets hit.  and yes, Polaris could have and should have done something similar with the Balers.

https://www.brplynx.com/gb/en/we-are-lynx/blog/the-champion-returns.html

lynxmy22-blog-ravers-rear-chassis.jpeg

All sleds should come with modular rear tunnel clips and running boards.  I mean wtf.  Shouldn't have to rebuild it from the frame up after a hit that is often so isolated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats the thing with uncoupled, I don't mind the tradeoff, and you get used to it.  When you need traction in 4' of powder, you learn to appreciate it.  I like the high, narrow firm seat and high end suspension bits.  They're getting to be stupid money though.

Had no problem with my Assaults and using more rider position to make them handle.  Keeps you active riding and can be used to your advantage.  

What I've been doing last 3-4 years is passing my sled down to my wife.  I know she would not appreciate the handling habits of an Assault so I've been staying with a 136/137 VR1 or XCR.  Last couple years she prefers a VR1.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Never understood why Polaris didn't do that.  That being said.  They should hurry up and import that thing here!

The race werks kit on the baler looked that lynx racer. I don’t know if Doug ever sold any. He had a couple hay balers at haydays probably 10 years ago he had built 

Edited by Not greg b

16 hours ago, Deephaven said:

they won't for several reasons... 

first one being it's a 600 SX sled, second being other than the launch year in north America the sales of new Lynx models is down.    

their 600 Enduro XC sled... that's the sweet spot imo but you'll never see those here either.  

Had my first glimpse of a Lynx last weekend....

Liked what I saw & enthusiasticly waiting to see their full line up at SAM's Snow Show at The Big E, in Springfield on the 18 + 19 this month.

Like the sharp colors, but they don't match my suits...

IMG_20231028_143125146.jpg

IMG_20231028_143137123.jpg

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

It's a reasonable Doo not made for midgets.  They need to sell that instead of the other Doo garbage 

Hey they make these things called risers, and you can even buy taller seats.  I know!  Amazing.  :lol: 

28 minutes ago, Doug said:

That's why I've gone to a black suit.

Like Johnny Cash or... ?

One reason dark colours have this effect is that they draw the eye away from the body to the head, hands and feet, making you appear taller and slimmer. They also help hide any bumps or bulges. By contrast, lighter colours emphasise your contours, as these are more likely to produce shadows in light-coloured clothing. Actually, though, if you want a slimming effect, the best method is to wear the same solid colour from top to toe. The single colour creates an illusion of length and prevents your body looking as if it has been divided in two at the waist.

:)

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Doesn't help the knee room.  Midget machines.

I have the same problem with Polaris footwells.  Don't know if they made them larger than the Axis on the VR1 chassis, but thats the only sled I've ever gotten my feet stuck in the footwells, and it happened twice on the same sled.  I have normal size 10 feet, not cornfield lummox size 15 and I still had trouble with my Klims getting stuck in there.