Check your account email address ×

Truck Tires

I'm looking at putting tires on my F-150 before winter and wondering what specific brands have been good for everyone since its been awhile since i tire shopped. Prefer something good in snow and occasionally mud. It has michelens currently that are just ok.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I like Cooper tires as well, not the cheapest not the most expensive, a good tire at a good price.. General makes some good tires too. Been putting those on a lot of SUV's we get in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Falken wildpeaks at3 my first set lasted 60k and with proper rotation they never got choppy, pretty even wear. Just mounted my second set. I plow my properties with them as well...predictable 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I like Cooper tires as well, not the cheapest not the most expensive, a good tire at a good price.. General makes some good tires too. Been putting those on a lot of SUV's we get in.

Coworkers son has those red lettered generals on his black tundra looks pretty sweet.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Falken wildpeaks at3 my first set lasted 60k and with proper rotation they never got choppy, pretty even wear. Just mounted my second set. I plow my properties with them as well...predictable 

i put them on my Ram a year ago, and so far so good.  Waaaaaayyy better than the stock garbage.

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

i put them on my Ram a year ago, and so far so good.  Waaaaaayyy better than the stock garbage.

Why they don't put E load range tires on anything with the tow capacity of a modern pickup is crazy.

The Tires improved the towing feel a lot.

Just now, SkisNH said:

Why they don't put E load range tires on anything with the tow capacity of a modern pickup is crazy.

The Tires improved the towing feel a lot.

even a c or d would be better than a pmetric car tire.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

prices on all tires is insane but duratracs, especially the commercial ones , are off the charts

Yeah I noticed.  My truck has 20s and they were like 1800ish installed.  Just checked, they are 395 plus tax, mounting, etc..

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

prices on all tires is insane but duratracs, especially the commercial ones , are off the charts

I just put 4 of the new duratrac rt on my dually, $1400 hope the new ones work as good as the originals 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

I'm looking at putting tires on my F-150 before winter and wondering what specific brands have been good for everyone since its been awhile since i tire shopped. Prefer something good in snow and occasionally mud. It has michelens currently that are just ok.

Get on Tire Rack and read their track test results.  They test in all conditions and compare tires in groups of 3-4.  If you’re looking for good winter tires you can search by triple peaks and compare.  If the selection is not what you’re looking for you can look at snow, wet, and ice traction by tire.  

I’m running Michelin Cross Climate’s on both my AWD vehicles.  Not trucks but gives you an idea.  I start by searching for triple peaks and go from there.   

Edited by SnowRider
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

I just ordered 6 for my dually. Few sizes larger than stock. I got talked into Toyos on my last truck. Didnt last long with the heavy towing i do. Ive ran Duratracs for quite a few years.

9 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I just ordered 6 for my dually. Few sizes larger than stock. I got talked into Toyos on my last truck. Didnt last long with the heavy towing i do. Ive ran Duratracs for quite a few years.

no doubt they do well. i sell a ton of them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

no doubt they do well. i sell a ton of them. 

Just looked them up on tire rack to see what they look like and it says discontinued/limited to stock on hand. Not sure if that's just for my size or what.