Check your account email address ×

Truck Tires

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

I'd get a lariat but nothing higher. Too much stuff to go wrong in the long run. I've had a few electronic issues with both trucks, don't need any extra accessories to have to fix

Ya i use to say that. Lane keeping and adaptive cruise basically make them self driving now. Power running boards are nice as well and you dont get the build up of ice in the winter. Seats are also better when you go up to an ultimate.

Just now, Steve753 said:

Ya i use to say that. Lane keeping and adaptive cruise basically make them self driving now. Power running boards are nice as well and you dont get the build up of ice in the winter. Seats are also better when you go up to an ultimate.

Other than the seats and maybe powersteps I don't think I'd want the rest. 

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

Other than the seats and maybe powersteps I don't think I'd want the rest. 

Ya i thought that way too. Another thing i like is i dont have to adjust my headlights anymore, they adjust with the load in the bed. Theres also a built in scale for payload. I got extended warranty. I might keep this one for awhile. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Nokian makes excellent winter ❄️ tires.  Thing with true winters is putting them on around Thanksgiving and taking them off around Easter.  Due to the softer compound heat will destroy them.  So, the question is do you want winter and all season tires or just the best 'all season' tire you can purchase? 

post your specific size and what type you'd want and I'll pm you later.  ;)

I have some other work to do this afternoon... quality time with the leaf blower.  :lol:

IMG_20231028_120456998.jpg

IMG_20231028_120506828.jpg

Just put a mulching plate on your mower and chop 'em up.

6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Just put a mulching plate on your mower and chop 'em up.

I suck them up into the bags with my riding lawn mower close to the house. 

8 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

And the wind blows them right back!

nope... we just had an entire week of rain.  they're packed tight and it was a pain in the ass.  I've been blowing into the woods here since we built in 2006 and have a good track record.  it's the Red Oak leaves that hang on the tree until January that suck to clean up in Spring.

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

LTX MS2... they're not cheap but quality and safety isn't cheap either.  There's a few other tires worth considering as well but I have shit to do... then F1 qualifying is on.

I will look into those along with the other ones that were suggested. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

nope... we just had an entire week of rain.  they're packed tight and it was a pain in the ass.  I've been blowing into the woods here since we built in 2006 and have a good track record.  it's the Red Oak leaves that hang on the tree until January that suck to clean up in Spring.

Ticks overwinter in leaf litter.

20 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I will look into those along with the other ones that were suggested. 

what kind of truck and what size?

if there's a better option for you for a bit less I'll give you my two cents... plus I realize you need to save money to upgrade to at least a nine year old sled so... :lolz:

10 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

even a c or d would be better than a pmetric car tire.  

that's because 'modern truck buyers' want a nice soft cushy ride on their way to bed bath and beyond or to get their toe nails done and bush waxed.  same with f'ng composite leaf springs.  until you get into a 3/4T these days you aren't getting a load rated tire.  then again, the P-metric OEM shit started in the late 80's early 90's so this isn't anything new.  the price difference between P's and LT's has also gotten quite significant.  

28 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I chop 'em up to 1/2" pieces first with Gator Blades then bag them with my 54" Rider.

Thats basically what my rider does with mulching blades. One less step.

30 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Thats basically what my rider does with mulching blades. One less step.

In my case I need the small chips to cover a section of drain tile to prevent freezing. I have 55 Maples in the area I mow so plenty of leaves. I live in the National Forest.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what kind of truck and what size?

if there's a better option for you for a bit less I'll give you my two cents... plus I realize you need to save money to upgrade to at least a nine year old sled so... :lolz:

'13 F-150 supercrew with 265/70/17. I'm not going to upgrade sleds, that way I can hang out on snowmobile forums belittling people for buying new ones that are larger than 500cc....:lol:

2 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

'13 F-150 supercrew with 265/70/17. I'm not going to upgrade sleds, that way I can hang out on snowmobile forums belittling people for buying new ones that are larger than 500cc....:lol:

in that case... the tires you have on it now are just fine and you should keep using them  :sad:

that's a shitty size to pick... do you haul anything like a greasy triple ass dragger, or any fat chicks? 

I'll get back to you... ;)

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

in that case... the tires you have on it now are just fine and you should keep using them  :sad:

that's a shitty size to pick... do you haul anything like a greasy triple ass dragger, or any fat chicks? 

I'll get back to you... ;)

I wish:(

19 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

LTX MS2... they're not cheap but quality and safety isn't cheap either. 

It's what I run on my wives rig.  Closest all season to a snowtire when it comes to ice traction.  Makes it up my ridiculous driveway when most cars without snows won't.

17 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

nope, I blow em right into the woods. 

IMG_20231028_143005501.jpg

Me too.  Sold off my lawnmower and got rid of all my grass.  Just woods and landscaping now.  I have to move 30* the leaves you just did though.  

16 hours ago, Steve753 said:

And the wind blows them right back!

It is pretty easy to keep them contained.  Just blow a little ways in.  Just did mine wet as well.  They are not coming back.