Check your account email address ×

Omfg what an absolute pile of fucking faggots on this site

f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

I’ve never seen lower than -38f while riding but the weather said it hit -40 that night. Those temps are no joke 

We had no choice, we were in the middle of a ride, so it was duct tape on the cheeks, gauntlets, extra layers, etc.. That was 04 pre Klim days in that heavy ass but warm and dry Reima gear.  I don't think the best Klim gear is as warm as that stuff was.  

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I’ve never seen lower than -38f while riding but the weather said it hit -40 that night. Those temps are no joke 

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

It was -22 in Jack Vegas one morning.

Said if the sled don't start we ain't working to get them going.

Fucking thing fired right up.

These days, -10f or lower on the camp thermometer, I'm usually scratching my nuts and wondering whats on Netflix, unless there's somewhere we absolutely gotta get to.  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't recall ever feeling like "you know what'd make this ride better?  A heated seat."

Seems to me like it'd just make the seat all wet and sticky.  I like the seat slick so it's easier to move around in the twisties.

No doubt you like to slide your ass on stuff!

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

Look at this whiz bang track tightening tool , it tells me when my track tension is just right derrrrpppppo

Ive even had to adjust my tension on the trail once derrrr but never again with this sweet LL Bean tension adjuster derrrrr

What in the fuck happened to sledders that this type of fucking commentary passes for acceptable. Jesus tap dancing Christ 

Lmao owned 

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Ah the two queers keeping their clams warm. Isn't that sweet.

Yeah I choose to keep my big baby batter makers warm when it's cold out thanks  :lol: 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, HSR said:

I don't think many guys do much wrenching anymore. Seems like more and more use their dealers and are just add good oil and good gas kinda riders. Some have admittedly had troubles with the good gas part with dire consequences. Heck I've read of a guy installing a Polaris "fix kit" on a perfectly good running motor and paying the dealer to do it. BIZARRE!!!!! It blew up then.

Just not the same kinda crowd as the old days. Now helmets are the new oil topic!!!!!! Or how warm my paper thin Klim suit is!!!

But...but.... What oil should use in my 1976 Ski-Doo????? 

Is " @The Chemist " a member on here????? :lol::lolz::lol2:

@Bontz

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

These days, -10f or lower on the camp thermometer, I'm usually scratching my nuts and wondering whats on Netflix, unless there's somewhere we absolutely gotta get to.  :lol: 

And I thought I was the only one who did that!LOL

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

We had no choice, we were in the middle of a ride, so it was duct tape on the cheeks, gauntlets, extra layers, etc.. That was 04 pre Klim days in that heavy ass but warm and dry Reima gear.  I don't think the best Klim gear is as warm as that stuff was.  

Reima gear was the shizz back in the day. We set out on a -30*f morning on a saddlebag trip one day. The high for the day was -17*. Frozen snot and beard FTMFW!

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Reima gear was the shizz back in the day. We set out on a -30*f morning on a saddlebag trip one day. The high for the day was -17*. Frozen snot and beard FTMFW!

I still have that jacket, you ain’t kidding. 

1 hour ago, T1R9sledder said:

We'll be out. Planning on more rides out the camp...snow permitting that is:bc:

We’ve been branching out last couple seasons to more rides out your way.  Finally got up to the county last winter for the first time in years. :bc: 

IMG_7085.jpeg

IMG_7083.jpeg

IMG_7084.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anler said:

When Scott bought out Reima the first year was basically Reima designed gear,, then Scott fucked the company up and Reima name faded away.  I have a Scott coat with the Reima brand name on it and it's still the best coat I wear when it's gonna be cold.

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I still have that jacket, you ain’t kidding. 

We’ve been branching out last couple seasons to more rides out your way.  Finally got up to the county last winter for the first time in years. :bc: 

IMG_7085.jpeg

IMG_7083.jpeg

IMG_7084.jpeg

Cool we're hoping to ride east of I95 more. Less traffic over that way...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HSR said:

When Scott bought out Reima the first year was basically Reima designed gear,, then Scott fucked the company up and Reima name faded away.  I have a Scott coat with the Reima brand name on it and it's still the best coat I wear when it's gonna be cold.

Sucks because Reima was good and not super expensive. I still have some of that old gear and my old Sorel boots from the same timeframe. Sold my SkiDoo leathers though :lol: @DriftBusta :taunt:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Sucks because Reima was good and not super expensive. I still have some of that old gear and my old Sorel boots from the same timeframe. Sold my SkiDoo leathers though :lol: @DriftBusta :taunt:

I had a Reima coat that I bought in the late 90’s…she was heavy but warm and durable…about 7-8 years ago I found a smoking deal on a Scott jacket that I still have…top notch quality.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I got rid of my Reima gear for Mach z leathers. Ive had Klim for a long time. 

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I got rid of my Reima gear for Mach z leathers. Ive had Klim for a long time. 

Yeah even my Klim gear is dated but still good except for the toe of the boots where the material has cracked

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I had a Reima coat that I bought in the late 90’s…she was heavy but warm and durable…about 7-8 years ago I found a smoking deal on a Scott jacket that I still have…top notch quality.

Now-a-days it can be tough to find a decent deal even at the Snow Show

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yeah even my Klim gear is dated but still good except for the toe of the boots where the material has cracked

Ive updated my jackets twice since original purchase. Gloves every couple of yrs. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Now-a-days it can be tough to find a decent deal even at the Snow Show

Everything has turned into the favor of online sales.  Even at Hay Days, it used to be you could get year old stuff at a discounted price, but not anymore.  Thankfully I can get discounted stuff through my niece's husband - my Klim BOA's were one of the most recent purchases (2 years) ago and those things are awesome!!  I may look into a new jacket since my current one is 9 years old and it's still one of those jackets that too many people seem to have (Klimate Jacket).  Twice, I've had to catch guys walking out or in the parking lot, wearing my coat instead of theirs. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Everything has turned into the favor of online sales.  Even at Hay Days, it used to be you could get year old stuff at a discounted price, but not anymore.  Thankfully I can get discounted stuff through my niece's husband - my Klim BOA's were one of the most recent purchases (2 years) ago and those things are awesome!!  I may look into a new jacket since my current one is 9 years old and it's still one of those jackets that too many people seem to have (Klimate Jacket).  Twice, I've had to catch guys walking out or in the parking lot, wearing my coat instead of theirs. 

:lol: The older the gear the amount of twinsies get's lower. I hate having the same thing as someone else let alone multiple people. Part of the reason why I only update when I have to, short of gloves or Helmet

Edited by Skidooski
  • Like 1