Check your account email address ×

El Niño 2023/2024 - winter is canceled

AK440

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I guess Alaska had climate change for one season too :lol: From your beloved Iron Dog race information

image.thumb.png.87431b896ca81bcdf55b8b303a2fd38d.png

Haha ha ha! OMG, going back 20 years to find something, anything. That year the racers were bashing the officials to let them race. The Iron Dog chose not to. Yeah, there was a lack of snow. It was the effects of climate change. Just like in ‘15. Just like you are seeing out your window right now MORON

16BD9718-F69C-433F-B54E-33A056026646.jpeg

So in other words, what you call climate change ... we call a bad season, which has happened off and on for centuries.  Fuckin' dummy.

If you're gonna be mad just because the majority of us own newer sleds, just say it.  But to keep preaching climate change like this is something new?  You should go get a new batch from your local meth buddy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

So in other words, what you call climate change ... we call a bad season, which has happened off and on for centuries.  Fuckin' dummy.

If you're gonna be mad just because the majority of us own newer sleds, just say it.  But to keep preaching climate change like this is something new?  You should go get a new batch from your local meth buddy.

Be ignorant to what’s going on, I don’t give a shit. I had snow in the ‘02-‘03 winter they canceled the race. The area of Alaska where the course is located was warm and lacked snow coverage. The vast majority of the rest of the course had plenty of snow. The racers were pissed with the officials cancelled the race as the teams said it was still doable. Iron Dog was worried about safety. 

To put it simply you are a fucking idiot to not accept that the climate is getting warmer and continues to do so. What are you going to say next winter when you have shit for snow or the winter after? Why do you think sled sales have continued to decline since ‘97? Kinda hard to ride a sled without snow.

Snowcheck a Boost for ‘25 and show me how wrong I am.  

• Haha 1

its definitely climate change, there have never been low snow years before...

except: 1922,23,24,31 all had less than 2" for the entire year...

In addition to those years, 1927, 30, 32, 49 all had less than 2023

https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/syracuse/most-yearly-snow

All data from the snowiest city in the US (shocking how its in NY and not AK).....

Hell 3 of the 4 snowiest cities in the country are in NY (and the 4th is only 20 miles away)

https://www.foxweather.com/learn/7-snowiest-cities-in-united-states

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

These guys made the best of it today. I'm not sure I've seen boat fishing this late in the year.

Snapchat-821454906.jpg

nice Wallies... do be grateful for climate change and that you're not living in a trailer in Anchorage every day you can.  

d8457a5b-d8df-4314-adb1-60dd73526652_tex

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, krom said:

its definitely climate change, there have never been low snow years before...

except: 1922,23,24,31 all had less than 2" for the entire year...

In addition to those years, 1927, 30, 32, 49 all had less than 2023

https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/syracuse/most-yearly-snow

All data from the snowiest city in the US (shocking how its in NY and not AK).....

Hell 3 of the 4 snowiest cities in the country are in NY (and the 4th is only 20 miles away)

https://www.foxweather.com/learn/7-snowiest-cities-in-united-states

On the bold, after you pull your head out of your ass and look at a chart of rising CO2 directly correlating with the start of the industrial revolution get back to me. 

8 minutes ago, AK440 said:

On the bold, after you pull your head out of your ass and look at a chart of rising CO2 directly correlating with the start of the industrial revolution get back to me. 

Settled science says the land we farm was once covered by glaciers.

My family moved to this part of MN in the 1850's and cleared the glaciers to farm the land.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

My family moved to this part of MN in the 1850's and cleared the glaciers to farm the land.

And your point is? Ice ages have come and gone for 100’s of 1000’s of years. The planet hasn’t had CO2 levels this high since the  Mid-Pelocene warm period. A direct correlation can be shown at the onset of the Industrial Revolution and the rise of CO2 in the atmosphere. 

I’m not the one staring at dirt and snowless ground right now. You are. If you care to better understand why more of these snowless winters are in your future watch this, it’s not terribly long. 

Edited by AK440

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

You're a fucking dumbass :lol2:

Why? Explain, I really want to hear how you reason climate change away. While I have zero faith you have the intelligence to string together three coherent sentences I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. 

10 minutes ago, AK440 said:

And your point is? Ice ages have come and gone for 100’s of 1000’s of years. The planet hasn’t had CO2 levels this high since the  Mid-Pelocene warm period. A direct correlation can be shown at the onset of the Industrial Revolution and the rise of CO2 in the atmosphere. 

I’m not the one staring at dirt and snowless ground right now. You are. If you care to better understand why more of these snowless winters are in your future watch this, it’s not terribly long. 

https://youtu.be/wkqDJwTIg_E?si=bl78lIgAUi8gQW6P

We also helped drain Lake Agassiz.

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You’re a hopeless moron as well. How many times are they going to postpone the XC races? Herf was complaining about soft ice in his latest video. Great conditions you’ve got down there. :idiot:

I’m laughing my ass off that you can’t even put on an ice race in Minnesota any more. :lmao::lol2:

28B920B8-D7EF-468E-B46F-CA757EB0D906.png

CDB4279B-3D9C-4FE7-AA87-9D5FCD474827.jpeg

Now that you got your self-nipple twisting in for the night, what are you doing about climate change?

Far more than you are making ignorant posts about it and sticking your head up your ass.

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

It’s hilarious how fucked you are for winter. :lol2:

8753D15B-0919-4AE3-A704-CFBF5D9B1186.png

C56261BA-F43E-4E81-8048-74C6B6FBA13E.jpeg

it's become fairly evident to me we really need a good old fashioned great big meteorite or asteroid to slam into the planet or for a massive volcano to erupt to cover the atmosphere in ash and darkness... to save the planet from turning into a giant frying pan.  preferably the great big meteorite or asteroid would hit a trailer park in Alaska... or maybe a wealthy island in Florida.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

6 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Now that you got your self-nipple twisting in for the night, what are you doing about climate change?

obviously he doesn't ride a two stroke snowmobile... maybe he has a Taiga on order but is waiting for the government to pay for it.  seems AK may be a Lib... :dunno:

43 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You'll get that answer once he gets past the hold music on Greta's climate change hotline.

I doubt you'd be able to carry on an actual face to face conversation with him while he's gargling Al Gore's balls. :lmao:

• Haha 1

Pretty sure there was a time called the late 70s-early 80s when every snowmobile manufacturer went out of business due to lack of snow. My grandfather claims 81, 82 and 83 he never put the plow on his loader at the sawmill. Last year was a bad winter up there and I think they had 70 or 80 inches for the year

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

obviously he doesn't ride a two stroke snowmobile... maybe he has a Taiga on order but is waiting for the government to pay for it.  seems AK may be a Lib... :dunno:

I’m going to be laughing at all the cry baby 2-stroke diehards when they get banned and your only choice is 4-stroke, electric or hybrid. 

3 hours ago, krom said:

@AK440

CO2 is what percentage of the current atmosphere?

how much of that is supposedly human made?

It’s called watching the video I posted.

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

You'll get that answer once he gets past the hold music on Greta's climate change hotline.

Your as dumb as Frankie F7 or Jimwit when it comes to your responses.

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

I doubt you'd be able to carry on an actual face to face conversation with him while he's gargling Al Gore's balls. :lmao:

How much snow do you have? 

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Pretty sure there was a time called the late 70s-early 80s when every snowmobile manufacturer went out of business due to lack of snow. My grandfather claims 81, 82 and 83 he never put the plow on his loader at the sawmill. Last year was a bad winter up there and I think they had 70 or 80 inches for the year

Cool story bro. That was 40+ years ago and Cat went bankrupt and a shit ton of other sled manufacturers went out of business. It’s now ‘23 and Yamaha is shut ing their sled division down. Do you have snow on the ground? Notice a trend?

5322CEF4-C2FA-4891-852A-52426147EA18.jpeg