Check your account email address ×

El Niño 2023/2024 - winter is canceled

AK440

There are going to be a bunch of snow check owners pissing and moaning about the lack of snow this winter. https://myfox8.com/weather/blog/noaa-releases-2023-2024-winter-outlook/

The crying is going to be wide spread as A shitload of guys way overpaid for their ‘24 sleds and a group of guys that never even rode their late delivery ‘23 sleds. What a recipe for disaster! High prices, crazy high interest rates, unsold sleds at dealers, gas prices going up and then no fucking snow. Looks like Yamaha got out at the right time. 

Edited by AK440

I have a sled ordered.  Mountain sled to boot.  I would like a bunch of snow but not getting too butthurt if it's low snow and the new sled sits.  Light snow years are part of it and we're probably over due for a crap winter or two, it's been so good that people forget that it's not the norm.  I'll stay busy with sleds and winter activities regardless, I would like to do a bigger trapping effort this year.  And I have fan cooled sleds.  It usually works out the same for our trails anyway, low snow gets the swamps to freeze.  Significant early snow causes huge delays in trails getting groomed.  My deer herd or lack there of could use a serious break, they got crushed last winter absolutely wiped out

Everything is expensive, that's a whole can of worms.  No sense pissing and moaning, it is only going to get worse so enjoy these times while you can.

Do I care if people piss and moan on the internet about snow, no.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if the amount of acorns in my yard is an indicator it's going to be cold a/f

no shit, I have a garden cart full of the uncircumcised ones from sweeping the deck, not counting all the ones on the lawn.  when the wind blows it sounds like someone is knocking on the door.

Anyone looking for some??  free, just pay shipping

Edited by krom

28 minutes ago, krom said:

no shit, I have a garden cart full of the uncircumcised ones from sweeping the deck, not counting all the ones on the lawn.  when the wind blows it sounds like someone is knocking on the door.

Anyone looking for some??  free, just pay shipping

I can fill five gallon buckets all evening long, come back the next day and start the process again.  It sounds like a shooting range in our yard.  They also hurt when you get tagged from 50-60ft in the air.  

The deer and squirrels eat the white oak nuts shortly after they hit the ground and save the red oak nuts for last.

At times I just take a shop vac out in the yard and suck them up to put in the trash due to the slope of our hill, as they're like walking on f'ng marbles.

IMG_20230921_172527993_HDR.thumb.jpg.0cc8fa16f51b95154b86b5d341b7235d.jpgIMG_20230921_172531397_HDR.thumb.jpg.7ae330312354251a58c461411de59c84.jpg

25 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Same around here. My apple trees had the most apples I've seen in them as well.

and probably a shitload of bees and wasps along with it. 

at our old house I had a 30ft dual trunk apple tree, absolutely gorgeous when it blossomed but a pita wasp hazard from September onwards.

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and probably a shitload of bees and wasps along with it. 

at our old house I had a 30ft dual trunk apple tree, absolutely gorgeous when it blossomed but a pita wasp hazard from September onwards.

They were bad for a couple weeks but they moved on.

• Like 1

• AK440 changed the title to El Niño 2023/2024 - winter is canceled
1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I can fill five gallon buckets all evening long, come back the next day and start the process again.  It sounds like a shooting range in our yard.  They also hurt when you get tagged from 50-60ft in the air.  

The deer and squirrels eat the white oak nuts shortly after they hit the ground and save the red oak nuts for last.

At times I just take a shop vac out in the yard and suck them up to put in the trash due to the slope of our hill, as they're like walking on f'ng marbles.

IMG_20230921_172527993_HDR.thumb.jpg.0cc8fa16f51b95154b86b5d341b7235d.jpgIMG_20230921_172531397_HDR.thumb.jpg.7ae330312354251a58c461411de59c84.jpg

I would leave them and grow new trees 

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Deal.

I'll pay that for one month.

That is the monthly lease rate. 36 months. You do the math.

Had a weird day here in Gods Country.  Two runaways were in our yard, soaking wet and mud from head to feet. Brought them in after contacting law enforcement, and fed them. Two 12 year old native girls. Sheriff Deputy came and brought them home. Was glad to be off work as I don't know if the outcome would have been as good.

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Perfect. Cheaper than a lawn mower. I am hauling my big ass enclosed trailer back to Minnesota. I am sure we can fit a lot of corns in that thing. 

when, I'll fire up the shop vac and you bring the 55gal drums, rake and beer... as it's your turn to buy.  :lol:

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Deal.

I'll pay that for one month.

is he throwing in a cover and some oil for that much? 

$1275... maybe $1280

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

That is the monthly lease rate. 36 months. You do the math.

Had a weird day here in Gods Country.  Two runaways were in our yard, soaking wet and mud from head to feet. Brought them in after contacting law enforcement, and fed them. Two 12 year old native girls. Sheriff Deputy came and brought them home. Was glad to be off work as I don't know if the outcome would have been as good.

That was a 1 time payment for the whole works.

You aren't good at this negotiating stuff.

13 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

That was a 1 time payment for the whole works.

You aren't good at this negotiating stuff.

I own the sled. It is my final offer. 36 monthly payments, then $7,000 buy out. If you go past 2000 miles, there is a $150.00 per mile charge for every mile over. Win win for me. Otherwise I will use it as my better halves sled.  As I will anyways. Grow up!