Check your account email address ×

El Niño 2023/2024 - winter is canceled

AK440

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

@Not greg b - no way!!  That can't happen with all this KLymuT CHaInJ!!

Last year we had zero snow until the day before Christmas. The year before that we had no snow until December 30. We were about a week behind usual.  Most of our big snow starts about now. December is always a crap shoot over here 

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Last year we had zero snow until the day before Christmas. The year before that we had no snow until December 30. We were about a week behind usual.  Most of our big snow starts about now. December is always a crap shoot over here 

Yep - same here, other than I'll admit the warmer temps lasted longer this year than recent years (but not the first time we've experienced that).  Cold/seasonal temps are now here and ice is back and growing, and colder temps and snow are in the forecast.  

24 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yep - same here, other than I'll admit the warmer temps lasted longer this year than recent years (but not the first time we've experienced that).  Cold/seasonal temps are now here and ice is back and growing, and colder temps and snow are in the forecast.  

Yeah it’s supposed to start snowing tomorrow. We have just enough snow to not ride. As soon as we get a few more inches I will be in the trails. I am hoping tomorrow night possibly 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:dunno:

IMG_20240106_072950072.jpg

Wow.:lol2: You got a whopping 1/2” of snow. Better go out and ride before it all melts. 

Nor easter just picked up pace here. Started flurrying hour ago or so, but it's snowing now. Calling for 8 to 12 but with 4 to 48 is my prediction... 

The great lakes are really warm, so if the storm tracks more inland we'll get buried by lake effect after it passes. 

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

Went for the first ride today. Just enough to ride if. About 4-5 inches of snow. Supposed to get a good dumping early next week so I should be able to put on some good miles next weekend. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

At least he owns a sled and can ride when it does snow

Derp. Too stupid to see I posted photos of my last two rides. 

Do they let you drive a car being on the spectrum? 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/the-great-lakes-reached-record-low-ice-cover-new-years-day-180983535/#:~:text=The Great Lakes kicked off,-Sentinel's Caitlin Looby.

Record high CO2 in the atmosphere created by humans burning fossil fuels since the industrial revolution. Record low ice cover on the Great Lakes. 🧐

Yeah… just natural cycles because the Native Americans 10,000 years ago liked to roll coal all the time in their F-350 diesels while herding buffalo.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AK440 said:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/the-great-lakes-reached-record-low-ice-cover-new-years-day-180983535/#:~:text=The Great Lakes kicked off,-Sentinel's Caitlin Looby.

Record high CO2 in the atmosphere created by humans burning fossil fuels since the industrial revolution. Record low ice cover on the Great Lakes. 🧐

Yeah… just natural cycles because the Native Americans 10,000 years ago liked to roll coal all the time in their F-350 diesels while herding buffalo.

Native Americans act like they are environmental people but they aren’t. Every reservation they have is a garbage littered shit hole. And don’t give me they are poor or repressed. It cost zero dollars to clean up your shit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2024 at 12:42 PM, AK440 said:

Wow.:lol2: You got a whopping 1/2” of snow. Better go out and ride before it all melts. 

is that what it is? 

thought it was volcanic ash  

thx for the info 

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

Buffalo farts cause global warming it's a good thing we wiped them out now we're good to go 

more buffalo were killed by the coal rolling steam locomotive than bullets ... fyi 

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

is that what it is? 

thought it was volcanic ash  

thx for the info 

more buffalo were killed by the coal rolling steam locomotive than bullets ... fyi 

Hell yeah

9 hours ago, AK440 said:

great lakes ice coverage has only been monitored for the last 50 years.

• Thanks 1

WTF?! Farmers are now climate change believers as well.

https://farmpolicynews.illinois.edu/2024/01/el-nino-record-heat-2024/#:~:text=Despite a crushing winter storm,Olivia Rudgard%2C and Brian Kahn.

Fucking dumbasses, Don’t they know to consult the world renowned climate experts on this site? 

C6596BDC-9106-42EF-B4E8-9D256466FD64.png

Edited by AK440

On 1/6/2024 at 6:41 PM, AK440 said:

Derp. Too stupid to see I posted photos of my last two rides. 

I saw the pics you downloaded off the internet and posted as your own.  Nice try.  Enjoy sitting at home in the dark starting at snow and not being able to ride.

15 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I saw the pics you downloaded off the internet and posted as your own.  Nice try.  Enjoy sitting at home in the dark starting at snow and not being able to ride.

Now I know you are a lying piece of shit. Prove those weren’t my pictures. 
Post up the link where I “downloaded” those from. :news:

If you write freedom sledder with your urine on 3' of snow and post the picture then I will believe you and join you and Greta on the crusade.  Brother