Check your account email address ×

Cats new engine

Rod

2 hours ago, HSR said:

Operator error obviously. You're an add gas and oil guy as you admitted being scared of a fucking jackshaft bearing FFS. Guys like you HAVE to trade in as you can't maintain shit.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that I've changed out more jackshaft bearings, tracks, rebult motors than you ever have. Scared.   :lol: All my riding buddies have newer sleds because we don't have time for that shit on a 4-5 day saddlebag ride.  I'd also bet I'd still ride circles around your low ambition ass.  :lol:  

2 hours ago, HSR said:

There was a time when you would have had the balls to call out Woolie for fucking up the dinner thread, now the only balls you have are Woolies in your mouth every day. You even thought it was funny:dunno:

As long as the other women are treating you nice at the shelter carry on.

Anything to say about the new Cat 858 or just here to "get along "

Hey not sure if you've noticed, but several more than just Jim are sick of your shit as well.  

2 hours ago, HSR said:

You think I should be nice to him when he's just here to troll me?

Now that is rich.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, HSR said:

And I'm the resident cunt. SMFH 

Nice.

No argument here.  Listen I get it, you have a simple life, low expectations, maybe you're happy, maybe not,  probably lazier than a pet racoon.  But some of us expect a little more out of life and we live it.  That seems to really chap your ass.  Counting other peoples money is really low rent.

Edited by DriftBusta

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

Mixed info on that, but be stupid not to 

I do like the new cat, but man, they're late to the party.  Doo is probably ready to release the G6 chassis.  Always liked how they handled, last chassis just feels small to me though after riding doos for the last few years.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I do like the new cat, but man, they're late to the party.  Doo is probably ready to release the G6 chassis.  Always liked how they handled, last chassis just feels small to me though after riding doos for the last few years.

The G5 is a rehashed G3. Both poo and doo chassis are 2011 based.

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

The G5 is a rehashed G3. Both poo and doo chassis are 2011 based.

Not sure how you could possibly say that, unless we're just taking a picture of the bare frame, in which case, you could say the same thing about the 2012 procross chassis.  Hardware, motors, body panels, riding position, dimensions, nothing remotely similar.  Suspensions haven't evolved much on any of the new sleds.

26 minutes ago, ACE said:

Mixed info on that, but be stupid not to 

Mid year releases were good for the sport.  Alway kept some enthusiasm mid season when they were released.

On a side note also produced some very collectable sleds.

• Like 1

Seeing some of the pics of the Catalyst coming from Hay Days, one thing that catches my eye is that oil reservoir ... and the location of it.  Right above the belt drive, and also near the suitcase exhaust can.  Yeah, yeah, I know .. R&D did their job.  But man, I can't help but wonder if that belt explodes like belts are capable of doing - or that SOB gets hot around the exhaust - it could be pretty ugly.

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

Mid year releases were good for the sport.  Alway kept some enthusiasm mid season when they were released.

On a side note also produced some very collectable sleds.

Yup

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Seeing some of the pics of the Catalyst coming from Hay Days, one thing that catches my eye is that oil reservoir ... and the location of it.  Right above the belt drive, and also near the suitcase exhaust can.  Yeah, yeah, I know .. R&D did their job.  But man, I can't help but wonder if that belt explodes like belts are capable of doing - or that SOB gets hot around the exhaust - it could be pretty ugly.

This is what the prototype looked like last winter

20230224_120917.jpg

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Not sure how you could possibly say that, unless we're just taking a picture of the bare frame, in which case, you could say the same thing about the 2012 procross chassis.  Hardware, motors, body panels, riding position, dimensions, nothing remotely similar.  Suspensions haven't evolved much on any of the new sleds.

It's plastic. That's it. Even the iBex guys admitted that.

35 minutes ago, Bontz said:

If it works, it works - but man, it sure seems like it has serious potential to fuck some things up.

It may be a game changer, but not sure I'd trust a first year new cat design.  

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

She sits low in the chassis…👊🏻

IMG_1865.thumb.png.1e55a808e0b1725cff76052e7074ef8a.png

It looks awesome, but the jury's still out on the durability of that drivetrain. I still have scars on my ass from my 2012 cat turbo.  In year 2 that thing was literally blowing a 200 dollar belt every weekend. :lol: 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It looks awesome, but the jury's still out on the durability of that drivetrain. I still have scars on my ass from my 2012 cat turbo.  In year 2 that thing was literally blowing a 200 dollar belt every weekend. :lol: 

Man those were bad lol

38 minutes ago, ACE said:

Man those were bad lol

I liked the way it ran, hooked me on 4 stroke turbos.  3 feet of fresh snow, untracked logging road, a bunch of 800-850s in front of me.  Short squeeze of the throttle and that thing bubbBYE

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

She sits low in the chassis…👊🏻

IMG_1865.thumb.png.1e55a808e0b1725cff76052e7074ef8a.png

That's good it should handle good??  Problem we have nobody in our group is buying one.  I hope it a home run.  Polaris and Ski-Doo need a good push.