Check your account email address ×

Durango hellcat vs Y

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

And $500 20 year old civic with a $800 Chinese turbo kit will destroy a 100k model s..wooptie doo..

$500 civic with a $800 Chinese turbo kit is a sub 10 second 1/4 mile car?????

The Durango looks like an econobox suv wanna be...the Tesla not much better. Chick-mobiles the both IMO.

It begs the question if Dodge engineers drink bud light for the status.

I think I'd rather have the Tesla personally if I had to, but I already have ICE vehicles as backup.

If it weren't for the subsidies and the "forcing it down people's throats" I think they hate on wouldn't be so fierce.

I don't care if the EV kills more salmon or creates more child labor than a Duramax or visa versa either.

Edited by Voodoo

39 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Tesla drivers at the track are the biggest nerds. Clearly they don’t own tools or have the know how

You don’t need tools for an electric car. They always work perfect and nothing ever breaks.

:bc: 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

You don’t need tools for an electric car. They always work perfect and nothing ever breaks.

:bc: 

Nope just plug the plugie thingie in from the wall and let the magic stuff come for free

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

It’s hard to believe that there’s a segment of car fans that are more gay than Honda nurds but… here we are 

I’ve gained respect for the Honda guys after seeing the Tesla nerds

I wouldn't mind EVs in the least, but as I said earlier, you have to live the lifestyle.

Remember back in the day when you got a new set of wheels... one of the first things you heard was "pop the hood!"

There was a grand opening of a new store/gas station here a while back. At the same time the next town over (a liberal bastion, think San Fran but a small town) had flashing signs extolling the virtue of 2 new superchargers in town. What a dichotomy I thought...

• Gold Member
On 8/26/2023 at 5:24 PM, BOHICA said:

$500 civic with a $800 Chinese turbo kit is a sub 10 second 1/4 mile car?????

I’m sure it’s completely possible. The first time I ever went to New England dragway I got lined up with some civic hatch ugly box looking thing every panel a different color annoying fart cannon the works and ya guy smoked me ran a 10 something. I talked with the kid after it was a b18? swap junkyard turbo set up he did himself. Embarrassing for me 😂 but gained a sliver of respect for the four bangers after that.

I'd take a Tesla for an around-town car that can blast into tight merge spots with instant squirt from the go pedal.  I'll keep my 6.6L gas truck for the towing and long haul.  Best of both worlds.

To make a car beat a Plaid at the quarter mile strip, you have to tune the thing to high heaven and make it a nearly undriveable POS.  Plaid will loaf along comfortably all day.  I LOVE internal combustion but must admit the electric rockets are kinda neato.

I've got to say that EV's are pretty balsy, even the shitbox ones. I bought a 22 Bolt for our lot and it's actually pretty fun to drive even tho you look gay driving it. Fucking thing is snappy as shit. Breaks loose on damp roads nailing it at 20 mph.

2 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

I've got to say that EV's are pretty balsy, even the shitbox ones. I bought a 22 Bolt for our lot and it's actually pretty fun to drive even tho you look gay driving it. Fucking thing is snappy as shit. Breaks loose on damp roads nailing it at 20 mph.

So does my Duramax towing 4 sleds in an enclosed trailer.   Not much to brag about. :lmao:

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So does my Duramax towing 4 sleds in an enclosed trailer.   Not much to brag about. :lmao:

You must have 4 Yamaha's on the trailer which would cause the truck to struggle for traction.

1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

You must have 4 Yamaha's on the trailer which would cause the truck to struggle for traction.

Wet road and 900 ft/lbs of torque and it will spin easily even with proper tongue weight.