Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

7 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

just out of curiosity What is the production belt composed of ? hopefully its some type of poly chain and not a rubber/kevlar variant

just looking at the drive case, I'm thinking some sort of heavily ventilated guard is in order.  maybe nothing to worry about but...

34 minutes ago, Premium said:

Saw a video on social media (I think Ibexx?) had 2 Catalyst Ms on the scales... 507lbs full of all fluids

These were 154s, no ES, 3" track

It was Ibexx that posted the video 507 lbs full of all fluids 3" lug

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

just looking at the drive case, I'm thinking some sort of heavily ventilated guard is in order.  maybe nothing to worry about but...

I’m surprised it doesn’t have some attempt at a liability cover on it but my understanding is the bolt holes are for the reverse mechanism when the 900 turbo comes, but you’ll have to ask Jim to ask his contacts for confirmation on that.

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I’m surprised it doesn’t have some attempt at a liability cover on it but my understanding is the bolt holes are for the reverse mechanism when the 900 turbo comes, but you’ll have to ask Jim to ask his contacts for confirmation on that.

I'm thinking an aluminum spider web... 

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I'm sure jim will have the engineered drawings dropped off at Roger's house any day now. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, fortune46x said:

just out of curiosity What is the production belt composed of ? hopefully its some type of poly chain and not a rubber/kevlar variant

You shouldn’t need to worry about it as the belt will last longer than machine, it never needs adjustments and racers have never broke one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's the fuel capacity again?

I don't feel like looking atm

10.4 gallon IIRC. So figure 60lbs of fuel, 17lbs of oil and coolant. So looking at a dry weight of 430lbs.  Pretty damn good actually. Although the mountain sleds are always lighter than the trail units and I'm sure the Alpha one helps a lot there.

Edited by Premium
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Premium said:

10.4 gallon IIRC. So figure 60lbs of fuel, 17lbs of oil and coolant. So looking at a dry weight of 430lbs.  Pretty damn good actually. Although the mountain sleds are always lighter than the trail units and I'm sure the Alpha one helps a lot there.

So still heavy when stuck? 

4 hours ago, Premium said:

so an RXC should be 450ish dry, SnoPro territory.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so an RXC should be 450ish dry, SnoPro territory.  :thumbsup:

If you sat on a cattle ass and drank 15 beers, then wondered over to a vr1, you would think to your self the cattle ass is a child’s Sno pro 500 with vr1 leg room.

Edited by Not greg b
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Not greg b said:

If you sat on a cattle ass and drank 15 beers, then wondered over to a vr1, you would think to your self the cattle ass is a child’s Sno pro 500 with vr1 leg room.

What the fuck is a cattle ass? Your last lay?

19 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The new arctic cat. Some people refer to it as a catastrophe. I am not into animals like your self 

So you bought one (supposedly), yet never ridden one, but call it a catastrophe? You truly are one special fuck. I did ride one, back to back with the poo 650 Matrix. Hands down. Catalyst was better at everything.  Even fit and finish. For a fucking pre build!